George

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0

Matthew 24:31 “...He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”
    Doesn’t sound very quiet. 

I would like to talk about the two words that are both translated as "coming".  

Two Greek words - parousia (#3952)  and apokalupsis (#601)
        BOTH are translated into the English KJV, as “coming.”

parousia:  Those who believe in a “secret rapture” say that the “parousia” will be the secret coming - in presence only.

The Greek word “parousia” is translated as: “coming” - 22 times, and “presence” - 2 times.  

apokalupsis:  Those who believe in a “secret rapture” say that “apokalupsis” refers to the visible, glorious, appearing - in power.

Matthew 24:37 “As the days of Noah were, so also will the coming (parousia) of the Son of Man be.”

Luke 17:26,30  “As it was in the days of Noah ... so it will be also in the day when the Son of Man is revealed (apokalupsis).

Matthew says the “parousia” will be like the days of Noah.  Luke says the “apokalupsis” will be like the days of Noah. 

Both apostles were quoting Jesus.  Do you think BOTH apostles were describing the SAME event? 

And by the way, Noah’s flood was no “secret”.  

2 Peter 3:12 “looking for and hastening the coming (parousia) of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat.”

Doesn't sound very "secret".        

2 Thessalonians 2:1-8   “Now, brethren, concerning the coming (parousia) of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.  Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”

Those who teach the rapture say that the “man of sin” (the Antichrist) will  come to power AFTER the saints are gathered to the LORD at the rapture.  

But Paul writes that the “gathering together to Him” will not come UNTIL AFTER the Antichrist is revealed sitting in the Temple of God.

It can’t be both ways.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-8 continued:  “And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming (parousia).”

The Lord will destroy the Antichrist with the brightness of His secret coming?  
    Brightness doesn’t sound very secret .....  

Didn't Jesus say that He would keep us from the final “hour of trial” ?

Revelation 3:10 “Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.”

All parties agree that Jesus promised preservation.  The question that divides us concerns the nature of that preservation. 

Yes. Jesus promised to "keep" us.  But He will “keep” us by the power of His Spirit, not by removing us physically from the trial.

John 17:15 [Jesus prayed to His Father]  “I do NOT pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.

In Egypt, Israel suffered the first 3 plagues.  They were shielded/protected from the last 7 plagues - while still IN Egypt.   The LORD does not need to remove us from the earth, to protect us from the Evil One.  We can still keep our faith.

Just before the Romans decapitated Paul, he wrote, "I have kept the faith."  THAT is the goal and the victory - not protection from every physical or financial trouble. 

Philippians 4:7 "and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

He will "keep" our hearts and minds from the Evil One - not necessarily our bodies, our stomachs, or our bank accounts. 

48 minutes ago, Alive said:

I agree. I don't know how or when this will work out, though.

I am convinced that we saints and priest 'In Christ'--will be used to teach and bring multitudes to Christ.

Some of this is more dim because I believe that natural living people will continue to be born and never die on and on in the new heaven and earth.

I think He might have a spare universe ready and waiting and it is meant to be filled, or this one will be 'renewed' and meant to be filled.

Eternity is a long time.

We don't know.

Christ did say those of "the resurrection" would "not marry, nor be given in marriage", but would be "like the angels" (Luke 25:35).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

4 minutes ago, Resurrection Priest said:

We don't know.

Christ did say those of "the resurrection" would "not marry, nor be given in marriage", but would be "like the angels" (Luke 25:35).

Resurrection yes—but not natural living humans.

I see two returns. One to catch us up and one when He lands on the mountain.

Perhaps only the saints will hear the shout and trumpet.

Priests were mediators who taught the Law, right from wrong.  Also were the court of last resort - besides making atonement for sinners.  They were the government, before Israel had a her first king.  I see no reason for priests, if no one is still sinning, and no one needs atonement (because they already have atonement - in Christ).

The reason for governing priests to "rule the nations" is because multitudes need them.   And the people who will need them, will be "the rest of the dead".  It is no accident I think, that "the rest" are mentioned in Revelation 20:5, and the promise that we will be "priests" is mentioned in the next verse. 

7 minutes ago, Alive said:

I see two returns. One to catch us up and one when He lands on the mountain.

Perhaps only the saints will hear the shout and trumpet.

Maybe so, but elements melting, mountains flattened, and islands sinking doesn't sound very quiet or "secret". 

I think the return when He lands on the Mountain will be at the 8th millennium.  The resurrection of "the rest" will have happened just before THAT landing, and those are the people who will "flee"

Certainly a great way to get everyone's attention, and to introduce Himself and His priests who will rule. 

For sure to introduce them to whomever has control of "the Mount" at that time. 

Maybe - at last - they will agree that Messiah HAS COME IN POWER to reign.  lol

21 minutes ago, Alive said:

Resurrection yes—but not natural living humans.

I believe those raised/raptured/translated at the Glorious Return will be "changed in a moment" and will receive the new "spiritual body".

Those resurrected at the 8th millennium, will be resurrected in mortal physical bodies

I see physical circumcision (cutting away flesh) as a TYPE/symbol of the "change" we will undergo.  Our mortal "flesh" will be gone.  Joshua "circumcised the people" after they crossed Jordan, and then they ate the Passover.   Our Yeshua will circumcise his "people" as we cross the sky.  Then we will eat the Passover new with Him, in the Kingdom.

Isn’t the Lord ruling with a rod of iron for the 1000 years? 7th