• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.40
  • Days Won:  11

Matthew 5:13-16

[13] Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Does your saltiness lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?  Oops!  Sorry 9094F610-9964-4B6A-893B-5C8918A539D3.gif.77fb93568ec14d6b40b6e1897cb2d426.gif

…but hey, if we left salt out in the rain or sun all day long, it would become bland and tasteless and good for nothing, right?  

[14] Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

[15] Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

It seems these latter days are growing spiritually darker and darker and the only light that remains is the truth of God's Word which is carried forth by us, His servants.  May we always shine brightly, Lord.

[16] Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

14] Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

[15] Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

[16] Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven

How about that bushel then...?  I suspect it is talking about hiding it under the 'roof' of organized religion, where we mill around preaching to the choir all the time but don't take the light out into the world that needs it.  Can't help but notice that bushel also keeps light from shining IN to those places...this is one reason why they seem to have very little of the Holy Spirit and His illumination.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

2 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

How about that bushel then...?  I suspect it is talking about hiding it under the 'roof' of organized religion, where we mill around preaching to the choir all the time but don't take the light out into the world that needs it.  Can't help but notice that bushel also keeps light from shining IN to those places...this is one reason why they seem to have very little of the Holy Spirit and His illumination.

Uh, :)  It says “neither” do we put a lit candle under a bushel. :whistling::emot-heartbeat:  

2 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Uh, :)  It says “neither” do we put a lit candle under a bushel. :whistling::emot-heartbeat:  

Sorry...thick head sister, I don't know what you mean!  :wacko:

Just now, Heleadethme said:

Sorry...thick head sister, I don't know what you mean!  :wacko:

Or maybe it’s me with the thick head…it’s all good!E22E4359-2AC2-4D19-AAEA-7B19DDADC659.gif.e32139c424b19dc2151823cb3f8cd6f5.gif

• Haha 1

I love your thread, Heleadethme.  Very needful here.  Thank you! 84C08030-C20D-4CC2-85DB-450EE39DFD53.gif.53ab3ac914d783f9b7f51e437ac31839.gif

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Why do you suppose God has chosen to leave His children (Born from Above with Christ Life), in this dark world--rather than take us home after Conversion?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

It is useless to add good salt to bad salt. Salt that has been corrupted should be thrown away. Disciples are useless in the kingdom of heaven without true moral character and spiritual committment to the King. It also implies the rottenness of the world, which needs the preservative of the salt. 

Being the light is that only those who have experienced the conversion and transformation by the grace of God can be true citizens of the kingdom of heaven. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

50 minutes ago, Alive said:

Why do you suppose God has chosen to leave His children (Born from Above with Christ Life), in this dark world--rather than take us home after Conversion?

I think to answer your very pertinent question is in the following:

It seems that many believers are bent on extolling their 'fact' that Yeshua is NOT now Ruling and Reigning. Their eschatology tries to PROVE He is not in COMPLETE CONTROL right now. How many believers have been taught to short-circuit the facts of the Gospel of Grace; namely, that we are Ruling and Reigning with Christ in heavenly places right now?

Some might think to prove that God's Omnipotence and Sovereign Reign is not real today NOW.

Some may inadvertently actually speak against the Gospel in this way.

Do we sit around talking about past prophecies as if they were future?

Pentecost was the beginning of the Sovereign reign in all believers; of our Lord Yeshua Who has ALL POWER given Him.

Do we forget to operate in the Power given to us and instead argue and haggle about an eschatology that is already well in progress?

Do we not know that Yeshua's JUDGEMENT of the Jews in AD70 was the end of the old covenant prophecies because the NEW COVENANT of His Death and Resurrection is now in effect?

And lastly, how many requote OLD prophecies to support the theory that Yeshua failed and has to return again to get the ball rolling properly?

This is our job! NOW.

I personally (yes little old me) have SEEN the Spirit at work with my very own eyes. I know He is very much alive and in Power over everything in the Cosmos.

I know He is Ruling and Reigning right now. Are we in denial of this and keep looking backwards and expect some kind of future milenium? We are IN THE MILLENIUM RIGHT NOW.

We believers are to be Salt and Light thru Yeshua to the lost. "Go and make disciples..." were His last words before ascending.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Salt that has been corrupted should be thrown away. Disciples are useless in the kingdom of heaven without true moral character and spiritual committment to the King

True miss muffet, though I believe there is room for grace as the Lord takes into account our need to grow.