yomotalking

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  722
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't this the heretical website says we have to be water baptised to be saved?

Hmm. The word of God tells us that we are begotten through the word: born again by the word: not redeemed by things corruptible.

Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

(Jam 1:18 KJV)

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

(1Pe 1:23 KJV)

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

(1Pe 1:18 KJV)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from unto life.

(Joh 5:24 KJV)

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were , yet shall he live:

(Joh 11:25 KJV)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like you. I sense that you take God's Word for what it means. Nothing more. Nothing less. Too many people compromise nowadays...unto their own destruction. Stand! :ph34r:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Why is it that some of the KJV Only Advocates can't see past their own narrow view to see that we have much better resources, as well as perhaps even better trained scholars to translate the Hebrew and Greek?

But the King James Bible is the inerrant word of God. :noidea:

Ecc 8:4 KJV

(4) Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

The name James, as in "King James", is the English name for Jacob (Israel).

Pro 22:28 KJV

(28) Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set.

The Authorized Version has no copywrite. It has a crown copy-write. That means that anyone with a printing press can print and sell the KJB. The words of the living God cannot be copywrited. The KJB has the of martyrs behind it. The NKJB was put together by a private commity.

Psa 12:6 KJV

(6) The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

The Authorized Version is the seventh of the English Bibles. The Texus Receptus Greek, or majority text, is the ninety-fire percent texts that we have today. (The NKJB is not pure Texus Receptus; Therefore, NKJB is a misnomer).

1. Wycliffe - 1384

2. Tyndale - 1636

3. Coverdale - 1537

4. Great Bible - 1539

5. Mathew Bible - 1555

6. Geneva Bible - 1560

7. King James Bible - 1611

Joh 15:3 KJV

(3) Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Heb 7:26 KJV

(26) For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

The King James Bible uses nonstandard but understandable words. These words are "separeate from sinners". The NKJB actually uses harder to understand words and a wordly language.

(Click here for comparison)

"But I can't understand the thee and thou!"

In almost every language but Modern English, people knew whether the speaker was addressing one person or many. In Classical English, this is preserved. If the speaker is talking to one person, he uses "thee" or "thou". If he is talking to many people, he says "you" or "your."

The King James preserves this distinction.When Jesus spoke to Nicodemus, He said, "Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again" (John 3:7). What He said in effect was, "Marvel not that I said unto thee(Nicodemus), ye (all of you people) must be born again." Jesus did not tell this only to Nicodemus.He spoke to all people of all times, from those who stood around that night, even to us today:Ye must be born again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A BIG HUGE AMEN!!! If people are so keen on having a modern-day translation of the KJV...how about this??? Try translating the KJV again instead of doing a switcharoo with the manuscripts. If the "english" was the only problem...why the double-duty???

I think this is what they did with the MKJV (Modern King James Version).

But, it still stands that nobody has offered any convincing evidence to the "Satanic influence" of the NKJV.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Hey, in regards to the NKJV, I guess you are looking at the glass as half-full and I am looking at the glass as half-empty.

In regards to the KJV, I guess you are looking at the glass as half-empty and I am looking at the glass as half-full.

:noidea:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. I am just not coming to the NKJV table with the preconceived notion that it is evil, whereas you are.

Regarding the KJV... I love it dearly, use it extensively, and would never call it "half-full." It simply has language that was in need of updating which the NKJV did fabulously.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it did do fabuously.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Nkjv

Proverbs 16:10

Divination is on the lips of the king; His mouth must not transgress in judgment.

kjv

A divine sentence is in the lips of the king: his mouth transgresseth not in judgment.

wow thats wide open rebellion!!

Nkjv

Divination is on the lips of the king; His mouth must not transgress in judgment.

kjv

A divine sentence is in the lips of the king: his mouth transgresseth not in judgment.

wow thats wide open rebellion!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again, it helps to at least consult the Hebrew before using this as an example of Satanic influence.

The Hebrew word translated "divination" or "divine sentence" is qecem... It can mean "divine sentence, divination, witchcraft, or an oracle." Divination]/i] is simply another form of divine sentence.

The passage is saying that the king is not always speaking on his own volition. At least that's how I read it. "A divine sentence" is a sentence from a divine source.

Pro 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

But, seeing as the word "divination" in the KJV is usually referring to the consulting of evil spirits I can see why this would throw you off.

Here is how Webster's defines "divination."

1 : the art or practice that seeks to foresee or foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge usually by the interpretation of omens or by the aid of supernatural powers

2 : unusual insight : intuitive perception

So, you can see that the word "divination" does not necessarily refer to evil spirits. And, it doesn't always mean spirits at all. It can simply mean "unusual insight or intuitive perception."

Guest brandplucked
Some things I don't like are ( and I started a post on this )

2Timothy 2:15 in the NEW KJV says to "Be diligent to present yourself approved to G-d, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

The KJV says: Study to show thyself approved untio G-d , a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

To me, being diligent can mean many things, on the other hand study is self apparent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is "self-apparent" in today's usage, but that is because it has taken on a different meaning than it had in the days of the KJV.

The word "study" means "diligence." When someone "studies" for a test" they are being dilligent in learning the material.

A "studious person" is a 'diligent and hard-working person."

Here is Webster's definition for "studious." Notice how many times the word "diligent," or variations thereof, are used.

3 a : diligent or earnest in intent <made a studious effort> b : marked by or suggesting purposefulness or diligence <a studious expression on his face> c : deliberately or consciously planned <spoke with a studious

In modern usage the word "study" has come to mean "reading or laboring for the purpose of learning." That is NOT what it meant in the days of the KJV.

The Greek word for study/diligent is spoudazo and it means "diligent, be diligent, labour, study, endeavor."

Clearly, the meaning of the word spoudazo does not mean "study" as it is used today.

It is simply a verb used to imply diligence and labour... hard work, in other words.

So, the NKJV has, once again, improved the wording of this passage for our modern form of english.

Now, it is important to study the Bible... but, the issue here is "has the NKJV perverted this passage? The answer is "no, it hasn't."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Trust and Obey, sorry, but the Nkjv HAS changed the meaning and not for the better.

2 Timothy 2:15 "STUDY to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

So even if you thought that "study" should be "be diligent", what are you to be diligent in? - the answer is in the verse - "rightly dividing the word of truth". That's why contextually it makes perfect sense to translate as "study".

Not only does the KJB render this word as 'study' but so also do Tyndale 1525, Coverdale 1535, the Bishops' Bible 1568, the Geneva Bible, Green's interlinear and his Modern KJV 1998, the KJV 21st Century Version, Webster's 1833 translation, and the Third Millenium Bible.

Even the Italian Diodati has 'study' spelled 'studiati'

The word is spoudazo in Greek and I have a modern Greek dictionary that has nothing to do with the Bible at all. It is like a Spanish/English- English/Spanish dictionary you buy in the stores.

If you look up spoudazo it says "to study". Also the well known lexicon of Liddell & Scott on page 1630 lists one of the meanings of spoudazo as 'to study'. The noun form means 'study' and another noun form spoudastees means 'a student'.

To me the difference is:

1. new versions: "do your best" ===> "present yourself to God as one approved"

2. KJV: "study" ===> "approved unto God"

In the new versions it almost rings of Bible study vs. good works dichotomy -

Perhaps the reason the Bible Relativists are enamored with "do your best" - "work hard" etc is due to a fundamental difference in one's appoach to God's Words -

The Bible Relativist - Bible Corrector approach:

Presented with a Bible text, the Bible corrector approach is to gear up for a rigorous Bible reconstruction project, since they have no Bible they can trust completely they must work hard, sweat nails to ferret out every greek nuance, every learned scholar's conjecture - they first consult 50 different versions, Cardinal martini, Von Soden, then consult Thayer, Kittel, Driver, etc. if needs be look for some fragment from an Egyptian garbage dump, Ugaritic tablet, Dead Sea scroll etc. - anything that could aid the never ending search for what possibly God may have maybe kinda said so as to reach a tentative speculation on the meaning to the text, pending Cardinal Martini's next Nestle-UBS text of course. Much like Cain's sacrifice in Genesis they can proudly proclaim to God, "Look at what I've done with your Words!"

In contrast - the Bible Believer is blessed to have God's inerrant preserved words in the King James Bible and they study God's words. The Bible Believer praises God that He has providentially preserved His words so we can read them today in the KJB.

So the modern versions that change this word here to "be diligent" or

"do your best" or whatever, have neglected the context of the verse and made a change only for the sake of changing things to get their copyrights and make money.

Will Kinney

Guest brandplucked

If you think the New KJV is the same as the 1611 King James Bible, but with more modern English, then I hope this little study will reveal to you that they are not at all the same in hundreds of verses. Both cannot equally be the perfect word of God at the same time when they are so different from each other.

Genesis 20:16 KJB - "Behold, HE IS TO THEE A COVERING OF THE EYES, unto all that are with thee, and with all other: thus she was reproved." RV, ASV, Geneva, Spanish, Douay, Young's, Darby and others equal KJB.

Now that it is known to all that Abraham is Sarah's wife, others would not look upon Sarah as a potential mate. Her husband, Abraham, would in effect cause others to cover their eyes from looking upon Sarah in this way.

NKJV: "INDEED THIS VINDICATES YOU before all who are with you and before all others. Thus she was reproved. "

Genesis 49:6 KJB - "in their selfwill THEY DIGGED DOWN A WALL." Geneva Bible, 1936 Jewish, Douay, Hebrew Names Bible, Reina Valera 1602, Diodati, KJV 21, TMB, Webster's = KJB.

NKJV "in their self will THEY HAMSTRUNG AN OX."

Exodus 15:2 KJB - "The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I WILL PREPARE HIM AN HABITATION."

NKJV - "he is my God, and I WILL PRAISE HIM."

The NKJV reads like the RSV, NASB, NIV, ESV. See this site for a more in depth study as to why the KJB is right and the NKJV is not.

http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/BibleBabel.html

1 Kings 10:28 KJB - "And Solomon had horses brought out of Egypt, and LINEN YARN: the king's merchants received THE LINEN YARN at a price."

NKJV - "Also Solomon had horses imported from Egypt and KEVAH; the king's merchants bought them IN KEVAH at the current price."

Numbers 21:14: KJB - "Wherefore it is said in the book of the wars of the LORD, WHAT HE DID IN THE RED SEA, and in the brooks of Arnon,"

NKJV - "Therefore it is said in the Book of the Wars of the LORD: WAHEB IN SUPHAH, The brooks of the Arnon."

1 Samuel 13:21 KJB - "YET THEY HAD A FILE for the mattocks...to sharpen the goads."

This is also the reading of the RV, ASV, Geneva, Lamsa, Young's, Webster's, TMB, KJV 21, Hebrew Names Version and others.

NKJV - "AND THE CHARGE FOR A SHARPENING WAS A PIM for the plowshares...and to set the points of the goads."

2 Samuel 14:14 KJB - "For we must needs die, and are as water spilt on the ground, which cannot be gathered up again: NEITHER DOTH GOD RESPECT ANY PERSON : yet he doth devise means, that his banished be not expelled from him."

NKJV - "Yet GOD DOES NOT TAKE AWAY LIFE; but He devises means..."

A clear contradiction. God does take away life. See 1 Sam. 2:6; 2 Sam. 6:7; 12:15; Deut. 32:39 and Luke 12:5.

1 Chronicles 4:10

The King James Bible says: "And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from EVIL, THAT IT MAY NOT GRIEVE ME! And God granted him that which he requested."

The KJB reading is matched by the Jewish translations of 1917, 1936, Geneva Bible, Darby, RV, ASV, Green's interlinear, Douay, Spanish Reina Valera, Webster's 1833 translation, Third Millenium Bible and the KJV 21st Century version.

However the NKJV says: "and that You would keep me from evil, that I MAY NOT CAUSE PAIN." (in italics, as though this word were not in the Hebrew). But it is in the Hebrew and the NKJV has changed the meaning of the verse.

The word to grieve is definitely in the text, contrary to the NKJV's italics. It is # 6087 and is used in Genesis 6:6. "And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it GRIEVED him at his heart."

1 Chronicles 20:3 KJB - "And he brought out the people that were in it, and CUT THEM WITH SAWS, and with harrows of iron, and with axes."

NKJV - "And he brought out the people who were in it, and PUT THEM TO WORK with saws, with iron picks, and with axes."

Job 39:13 KJB - "GAVEST THOU THE GOODLY WINGS UNTO THE PEACOCKS? OR WINGS AND FEATHERS UNTO THE OSTRICH?"

NKJV - "THE WINGS OF THE OSTRICH WAVE PROUDLY, BUT ARE HER WINGS AND PINIONS LIKE THE KINDLY STORK?"

Job 40:23 KJB - "BEHOLD, HE DRINKETH UP A RIVER, AND HASTETH NOT."

NKJV - " INDEED THE RIVER MAY RAGE, YET HE IS NOT DISTURBED."

Psalms 4:4 KJB - "STAND IN AWE, and sin not."

This is even the reading of the RV, ASV and others. Even the NASB has "Tremble, and sin not", but the NKJV joins the LXX and the NIV and says: "BE ANGRY, and do not sin."

Psalm 7:4 KJB - "YEA, I HAVE DELIVERED HIM THAT WITHOUT CAUSE IS MINE ENEMY."

NKJV - "OR HAVE I PLUNDERED MY ENEMY WITHOUT CAUSE"

Psalm 10:3 KJB - "He blesseth the covetous, WHOM THE LORD ABHORRETH"

NKJV - "He blesses the greedy AND RENOUNCES THE LORD."

Psalm 12:5 KJB - "I will set him in safety FROM HIM THAT PUFFETH AT HIM."

Even the NIV says: "I will protect them from those who malign them" but the NKJV says: "I will set him in safety FOR WHICH HE YEARNS."

Psalm 36:2 KJB - "For he flattereth himself in his own eyes UNTIL HIS INIQUITY BE FOUND TO BE HATEFUL."

NKJV - "For he flatters himself in his own eyes WHEN HE FINDS OUT HIS INIQUITY AND WHEN HE HATES."

Psalm 37:20 KJB - "the enemies of the LORD SHALL BE AS THE FAT OF LAMBS: they shall consume."

NKJV - "the enemies of the LORD, LIKE THE SPLENDOR OF THE MEADOWS, shall vanish."

Psalm 56:12 KJB - "THY VOWS ARE UPON ME, O God." God made the vows.

NKJV - "VOWS MADE TO YOU ARE BINDING UPON ME, O God." Man made the vows.

Psalm 68:16 KJB - "WHY LEAP YE, YE HIGH HILLS?"

NKJV - "WHY DO YOU FUME WITH ENVY, YOU MOUNTAINS OF MANY PEAKS?"

Psalm 76:10 KJB - "Surely the wrath of man shall praise thee: THE REMAINDER OF WRATH SHALT THOU RESTRAIN."

NKJV - "WITH the remainder of wrath YOU SHALL GIRD YOURSELF."

Proverbs 3:4 KJB - "Write them upon thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and GOOD UNDERSTANDING"

NKJV - "and so find favor and HIGH ESTEEM"

Proverbs 8:30 KJB - "Then I was by him, AS ONE BROUGHT UP WITH HIM: and I was daily his delight."

NKJV - "Then I was beside Him AS A MASTER CRAFTSMAN."

Proverbs 16:10 KJB - "A DIVINE SENTENCE is in the lips of the king: his mouth transgresseth not in judgment."

NKJV - "EVEN THOUGH DIVINATION is on the lips of the king his mouth MUST not transgress in judgment."

Proverbs 18:1 KJB - "THROUGH DESIRE A MAN, HAVING SEPARATED HIMSELF, SEEKETH AND INTERMEDDLETH WITH ALL WISDOM."

The 1599 Geneva Study Bible notes: 18:1 Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh [and] intermeddleth with all wisdom.

He who loves wisdom will separate himself from all impediments, and give himself wholly to seek it.

NKJV - "A MAN WHO ISOLATES HIMSELF SEEKS HIS OWN DESIRE; HE RAGES AGAINST ALL WISE JUDGMENT."

Proverbs 19:18 KJB - "Chasten thy son while there is hope, and LET NOT THY SOUL SPARE FOR HIS CRYING."

NKJV - "Chasten your son while there is hope, AND DO NOT SET YOUR HEART ON HIS DESTRUCTION."

Proverbs 19:27 KJB - "Cease, my son, to hear the instruction THAT CAUSETH TO ERR FROM the words of knowledge."

NKJV - "Cease LISTENING TO INSTRUCTION, my son, AND YOU WILL STRAY FROM the words of knowledge."

Proverbs 29:24 KJB - "Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul: HE HEARETH CURSING, AND BEWRAYETH IT NOT."

NKJV - "Whoever is a partner with a thief hates his own life: HE SWEARS TO TELL THE TRUTH BUT REVEALS NOTHING."

Ecclesiastes 4:16 "There is no end of all the people, EVEN OF ALL THAT HAVE BEEN BEFORE THEM: they also that come after shall not rejoice in him. Surely this also is vanity and vexation of spirit."

Here the NIV, RV, ASV, Holman Standard, Geneva Bible and the NASB all say the same thing as the King James Bible with it's "even of all that have been before them" but the NKJV says: "There was no end of all the people OVER WHOM HE WAS MADE KING: Yet those who come afterward will not rejoice in him." The NKJV reading is not at all what the Hebrew text says.

Isaiah 66:5 KJB - "Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: BUT HE SHALL APPEAR TO YOUR JOY, and they shall be ashamed."

NKJV -"Let the LORD be glorified, THAT WE MAY SEE YOUR JOY. But they shall be ashamed." The NKJV changed the subject of the sentence. And what happened to the second coming of the Lord in this verse?

Lamentations 1:7 "the adversaries saw her, and did mock at her SABBATHS."

Here the NKJV seriously departs from the meaning found in the KJB, and by its footnote implies the KJB has followed the wrong texts. The NKJV joins the RSV and Holman Standard and says "the adversaries saw her and mocked at her DOWNFALL." Then in a footnote tells us "The Vulgate reads her Sabbaths", implying that the KJB translators followed the Latin Vulgate rather than the Hebrew texts. The NIV has "her destruction" and the NASB "her ruin."

The Hebrew word here rendered as "sabbaths" is #4868 and it comes from the verb meaning to rest or to keep Sabbath. It is used in Genesis 2:2 "and he RESTED on the seventh day from all his work which he had made" and in 2 Chronicles 36:21 "for as long as she lay desolate SHE KEPT SABBATH, to fulfill threescore and ten years." Even the NKJB reads the same in these passages.

Not only does the King James Bible read "and did mock at her SABBATHS" but so also do the Geneva Bible, Bishops' Bible, Coverdale, Rotherham's Emphasized Bible, the Spanish Reina Valera 1909, Webster's, Douay, and the Third Millenium Bible.

Hosea 13:14

One of the most beautiful verses in Hosea has been destroyed by many modern versions. In the KJB, RV, ASV , Darby, Geneva, Young, 1917, 1936 Hebrew-English versions, and the Spanish of 1909 we read in Hosea 13:14 "I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death; O death, I will be thy plagues; O Grave, I will be thy destruction, REPENTANCE shall be hid from mine eyes."

In other words, God has promised to destroy death and He will not change His mind nor alter His purpose. Every commentator I looked up had basically the same understanding of this beautiful passage. John Gill comments:" repentance shall be hid from mine eyes; that is, the Lord will never repent of his decree of redemption from hell, death, and the grave; nor of the work of it by Christ; nor of the entire destruction of these things; which being once done, will never be repented of nor recalled, but remain so for ever."

BUT, instead of "repentance shall be hid from mine eyes" the NKJV has "I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death. O Death, I will be your plagues! O Grave, I will be your destruction. PITY is hidden from My eyes."

Matthew 7:14 KJB - "Because strait is the gate and NARROW is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

NKJV - "Because narrow is the gate and DIFFICULT is the way which leads to life".

The way is narrow but easy to enter, not difficult. We enter by simple faith in our Saviour Jesus Christ. Not even the NIV, NASB read as does the NKJV here.

Matthew 12:40 KJB - "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the WHALE'S belly: so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

The word is clearly WHALE and is so rendered in Tyndale, Geneva, the RV, ASV, RSV, Spanish, Diodati, Wycliff, Webster's, TMB, KJV 21 and the World English Bible.

NKJV - "three days and three nights in the belly of THE GREAT FISH", the NASB says it was a "SEA MONSTER"!

Acts 17:22 KJB - "Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are TOO SUPERSTITIOUS."

NKJV - "Then Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, "Men of Athens, I perceive that in all things you are VERY RELIGIOUS;"

1 Corinthians 15:33 KJB - "Be not deceived. EVIL COMMUNICATIONS CORRUPT GOOD MANNERS." The evil communications or words are the false doctrine referred to in verse 12 "How say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?"

NKJV - "Be not deceived. EVIL COMPANY corrupts GOOD HABITS." A popular saying but not what God wrote in His word.

2 Cor. 2:17 KJB - "For we are not as many, which CORRUPT the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ."

NKJV "For we are not, as so many, PEDDLING the word of God; but as of sincerity, but as from God, we speak in the sight of God in Christ."

Phillipians 2:6 KJB - "Who, being in the form of God, THOUGHT IT NOT ROBBERY TO BE EQUAL WITH GOD."

NKJV 1979 edition "Who, being in the form of God, DID NOT CONSIDER EQUALITY WITH GOD SOMETHING TO BE GRASPED."

Compare the phrase "The black man thought it not robbery to be equal with the white man" with "The black man did not consider equality with the white man something to be grasped." Not the same meaning at all.

Hebrews 3:16 KJB - "FOR SOME, WHEN THEY HAD HEARD, DID PROVOKE; HOWBEIT NOT ALL THAT came out of Egypt by Moses." Notice it is a statement and Caleb and Joshua did not provoke but believed God.

NKJV - "FOR WHO, HAVING HEARD, REBELLED? INDEED, WAS IT NOT ALL WHO CAME OUT OF EGYPT, led by Moses?" Two questions and the answer would be Yes, all provoked. A clear contradiction.

2 Peter 3:12 KJB - "Looking for and HASTING UNTO the coming of the day of God.". Our lives are quickly over and we hasten towards that coming day. We can not speed up God's timetable. The times and the seasons the Father hath put in His own power. See Acts 1:7; Daniel 2:21 "He changeth the times and the seasons."

NKJV - "looking for and HASTENING THE COMING of the day of God." Wrongly teaches that we can do something to speed up this coming day, which has already been appointed and marked on the calendar by God Himself.

See http://www.geocities.com/brandplucked/hastingunto.html for an in depth study of this verse showing why the NKJV is wrong.

Revelation 16:16

King James Bible - Revelation 16:16 "And HE gathered THEM together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon."

Barnes Commentary on Revelation 16:16

"And he gathered them together. Who gathered them? Professor Stuart renders it, "they gathered them together," supposing that it refers to the "spirits"--\~pneumata\~--in Revelation 16:13, and that this is the construction of the neuter plural with a singular verb. Hengstenberg supposes that it means that God gathered them together; others suppose that it was the sixth angel; others that it was Satan; others that it was the beast; and others that it was Christ."

Revelation 16:16

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I believe you have made your point throughout Worthy.

Hi Trust and Obey, sorry, but the Nkjv HAS changed the meaning and not for the better.

2 Timothy 2:15 "STUDY to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

So even if you thought that "study" should be "be diligent", what are you to be diligent in? - the answer is in the verse - "rightly dividing the word of truth". That's why contextually it makes perfect sense to translate as "study".

The point is that the word "study" didn't mean back then what it means now. It meant "be diligent."

Just like "conversation" back then meant "conduct," not "talking with someone."

So, when the NKJV changes "conversation" to "conduct," it is doing the same thing as it did when it changed "study" to "be diligent."

You are correct that "the word of truth" is what the context is in. So, the passage is saying that you should "be diligent... in the word of truth."

If you were reading the KJV back in the 1600s or 1700s you would have understood the word "study" to mean "work hard" or "be diligent."

That's the point. It didn't change the text at all. It is actually improving our modern understanding of the passage.

I respect your sourcing of many different version... but, it is noteworthy that most of them are very, very old and the word study implied something different back then.

The same Greek word spoudazo is used in 2 Peter 1:15. Let's look at how the KJV renders it.

2Pe 1:15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance.

"Endevour." That sounds a lot like "be diligent," does it not?

The NLT translates that verse as follows:

So I will work hard to make these things clear to you. I want you to remember them long after I am gone.

"Word hard." That sounds a lot like "be diligent," doesn't it?

Young's Literal Translation renders it as follows:

2Pe 1:15 and I will be diligent that also at every time ye have, after my outgoing, power to make to yourselves the remembrance of these things.

"Be diligent." That sounds a lot like "be diligent," doesn't it? :emot-handshake:

Numerous... numerous translations of the Bible render 2 Timothy 2:15 as "be diligent," or some variation thereof.

Anyways, click here for an informative word-study on the Greek word spoudazo.

Here's a quick quote from that word-study:

Spoudazo conveys the idea hastening to do something with the implication of associated energy or with intense effort and motivation. It means marked by careful unremitting attention or persistent application. The idea is give maximum effort, do your best, spare no effort, hurry on, be eager! Hasten to do a thing, exert yourself, endeavour to do it. It means not only to be willing to do with eagerness, but to follow through and make diligent effort. In other words spoudazo does not stop with affecting one's state of mind, but also affects one's activity. Spoudazo conveys the idea of exertion. It means to be conscientious, zealous and earnest in discharging a duty or obligation.

If you think the New KJV is the same as the 1611 King James Bible, but with more modern English, then I hope this little study will reveal to you that they are not at all the same in hundreds of verses.

<<snip>>

How about providing the Hebrew/Greek source text in order to determine which is the most accurate... the KJV or the NKJV.

Just because the NKJV is "different" than the KJV in places does not automatically make it incorrect.

You're coming to the table with the inaccurate assumption that the KJV is infallible. It is not.

I'm growing weary of having to do all of the original language studies/posts to deflect these unwarranted accusations against the NKJV.

If you want to prove the NKJV is bad.. don't just hold up the KJV and say "look! look! It doesn't agree with the KJV!"

Prove it by explaining why the KJV rendering is accurate and why the NKJV rendering is not.

That's when we'll have some meaningful dialogue. Otherwise it'll just be you throwing out different verses and me explaining why the NKJV's different rendering is appropriate. I think that if you did some of the scholarship before posting most of your "problems" would solve themselves.