George

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to enter this thread stating that I am a believer in Christ which firmly believes in the dispensational post-trib resurrection.

Being that this thread is dedicated to the discussion of the post-trib resurrection, I assume that all on this thread have the basic understanding that the Tribulation period lies in our future.

We all look forward to Christ’s advent. What is not pleasant is the Great Tribulation period which precedes His return. Believers grapple with this unpleasant period in different ways. These ways manifest themselves through different end time doctrines.

As you well know there are several different end time doctrines besides post-trib. Two for example are pre-trib rapturist and preterist.

1. Pre-tribbers believe that they will avoid the Tribulation period by being mysteriously wisked away.
  2. Preterist believe that the Tribulation period was fulfilled in the past.

The difference between post-trib and other doctrines is that posties recognize that believers are going to have to endure the coming Tribulation (Prebies and preterist just don’t know it yet).

There are two options for enduring the coming GT:

1. Martyrdom.
  2. Physically surviving to Christ advent.

Most of you have resigned yourselves to option #1 should the time arise. However, my studies have found that God has provided survival instructions within the prophetic scriptures.

I am not going to try and convince prebies and preterist that they doctrines are in error. And if you prefer to be martyred than to be alive at Christ advent, I am certainly not going to try to convince you otherwise. I do however, have the responsibility to inform you that there is more than option #1.

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

In Yehoshua,

Guy Smith

Edited by guysmith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

No thanks,this interpretation is not for me.

Posttribulationism teaches that the Rapture occurs at the end, or near the end, of the Tribulation. At that time, the church will meet Christ in the air and then return to earth for the commencement of Christ’s Kingdom on earth. In other words, the Rapture and Christ’s Second Coming (to set up His Kingdom) happen almost simultaneously. According to this view, the church goes through the entire seven-year Tribulation. Roman Catholicism, Greek Orthodoxy, and many Protestant denominations espouse a posttribulational view of the Rapture.

One strength of posttribulationism is that Jesus, in His extended discourse on the end times, says He will return after a “great tribulation” (Matthew 24:21, 29). Also, the book of Revelation, with all its various prophecies, mentions only one coming of the Lord—and that occurs after the Tribulation (Revelation 19-20). Passages such as Revelation 13:7 and 20:9 also lend support to posttribulationism in that there will obviously be saints in the Tribulation. Also, the resurrection of the dead in Revelation 20:5 is called “the first resurrection.” Posttribulationists assert that, since this “first” resurrection takes place after the Tribulation, the resurrection associated with the Rapture in 1 Thessalonians 4:16 cannot occur until then.

Posttribulationists also point out that, historically, God’s people have experienced times of intense persecution and trial. Therefore, they say, it should not be surprising that the church also experiences the Great Tribulation of the end times. In relation to this, the posttribulational view distinguishes “Satan’s wrath” (or “man’s wrath”) from “God’s wrath” in the book of Revelation. Satan’s wrath is directed against the saints, and God allows it as a means of purifying His faithful. On the other hand, God’s wrath is poured out on the Antichrist and his godless kingdom, and God will protect His people from that punishment.

One weakness of posttribulationism is the clear teaching of Scripture that those who are in Christ are not under condemnation and will never experience the wrath of God (Romans 8:1). While some judgments during the Tribulation specifically target the unsaved, many other judgments, such as the earthquakes, falling stars, and famines, will affect the saved and unsaved equally. Thus, if believers go through the Tribulation, they will experience the wrath of God, in contradiction of Romans 8:1.

Posttribulationists also face a difficulty in explaining the absence of the word church in all biblical passages related to the Tribulation. Even in Revelation 4–21, the lengthiest description of the Tribulation in all of Scripture, the word church never appears. Posttribulationists must assume that the word saints in Revelation 4–21 means the church, although a different Greek word is used.

And a final weakness of the posttribulational view is shared by the other two theories: namely, the Bible does not give an explicit time line concerning future events. Scripture does not expressly teach one view over another, and that is why we have diversity of opinion concerning the end times and some variety on how the related prophecies should be harmonized.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/posttribulationism.html#ixzz2UMUKrVd8

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

I thought only God the Father new when the Bridegroom was coming (Rapture). Hmm, and many say Scripture supports a Post Trib Rapture doctrine. I call this outrageous. The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords come at the Second Coming. No mention of the Bridegroom. Two seperate events.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Silly me,

And here I thought this thread was reserved for posties to discuss the issues.

Edited by guysmith

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Silly me,

And here I thought this thread was reserved for posties to discuss the issues.

All forums are open for discussion, except for a few that requires a password (mens and ladies lounges) and Controversial, which requires 100+ posts to post in.

• 2 weeks later...

Johnny

Here is your quote from above

what i find most fascinating is all the millions of Christians that believe a mark is coming and are not making any moves to grow their own food, I mean if were warned that buying and selling will be out of the question then we'd better get selfsufficient in our food supply..........might be a good idea to return to the farm lands, as we also see gold and silver will be traded for food

Have you forgotten basic Christian Doctrine or will you sell your food at a price (one must have the Mark of the Beast to buy or sell or barter).  So being out on the farm will not give one peace.  People will take it away from you.  One must act out Matt 25:35,36.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Johnny

Here is your quote from above

what i find most fascinating is all the millions of Christians that believe a mark is coming and are not making any moves to grow their own food, I mean if were warned that buying and selling will be out of the question then we'd better get selfsufficient in our food supply..........might be a good idea to return to the farm lands, as we also see gold and silver will be traded for food

Have you forgotten basic Christian Doctrine or will you sell your food at a price (one must have the Mark of the Beast to buy or sell or barter).  So being out on the farm will not give one peace.  People will take it away from you.  One must act out Matt 25:35,36.

In Christ

Montana Marv

hey Marv have you forgot your basic Christian Doctrine, tell your boss you nolonger want to be paid for your labor, and insist on working for free.....lol......why not give all your money away........your going to be raptured out of this mess anyway, wheres your faith in your doctrine

bartering can always be done, its the universal way people trade when economies have crashed, no marks necessary unless your  dependent on the government, if you are dependent on a check from a governmental institution you will be first on the list to receive the mark, thats why our government is trying to socialize everything, to make everyone dependent on them

Johnny

So you will be in on black marketing, trying to hide from the A/C.  Will you be armed and dangerous.  Will you kill others to kept what you have?  How far will you go?

You really don't understand the system.  One who does not accept the mark of the beast either goes into captivity (a slave to someone with the Mark of the Beast) or you have your head lopped off (killed with the sword). No other options.  Then afterward a days work for a quart of wheat or 3 quarts of barley (Rev 6:6)  You will be in on the receiving end.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I kind of like this verse in Rev 9:20, 21 (6th Trumpet) - The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood....  v21 - Nor did they repent of their murders, their majic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.      

1/3 of mankind were killed by these plagues of the 6th Trumpet.  2/3's of mankind were not killed by these plagues.  The rest of mankind are the 2/3's not killed.  These 2/3's still did not repent, they did not stop their worshiping of demons and idols.  Go figure this out.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Really, the final wrath of God is the Lake of Fire.  We are not appointed to this wrath.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Every Since There Have Been Obedient Believers

And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. Genesis 4:8

There Has Been Tribulation

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

Yet To Mock And To Condemn A Brother

Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1 Corinthians 15:11-12

Over His Understanding Of The Timing Of The Resurrection

But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
1 Corinthians 15:13-19

Is IMO Unloving At The Very Least And Highly Suspect At All Times

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 1 Corinthians 15:20-26