Arrabon

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

This is me just expanding on the idea of how the "END TIMES" can come about with any of us.

I was just sitting here with my early morning cup of coffee, when these thoughts started coming to me about how many different ways the "End Times" can come to us

We could be of any age, walking or driving to a store, be on a vacation, and some event brings about our untimely and unexpected death.

A car accident. Walking across a street. A victim of a shooting at a gathering in a restaurant, party with friends, or at a business, or in a mall, or a theater.

The end times won't necessarily come to many of us in biblical terms, as there are a lot of daily situations that could preclude experiencing "THE" scriptural end times, but definitely won't change the personal outcome. We are dead, and our fate is sealed for eternity.

"Death" comes in many forms to all of us, and at my age is much more of a reality to me, than someone many years younger.

But old age isn't always the definer of our "END TIMES". Illnesses and disease can play a big part in an untimely death.

The possibilities of Alzheimer's disease, and dementia of several forms can be a warning, as well as actually experiencing it can be the precursor to the end, just like earthquakes, floods, violently changing weather, or remembering what the days of Noah were like, can all be warnings.

Even something as simple as aging can be a warning of the "END TIMES", as we get up there in years and consider what we have been doing with our lives up to the present day, and what are we doing with our lives to serve God and others now, as well as are we staying in Gods word and still growing closer to Christ? Time at that point is getting much, much shorter, and our thoughts of that should be a focus.

The "End Times" parallel Noah's days, but also parallel our days too, as we live out our daily routines, the "END TIMES" can come suddenly and abruptly to put an end to our time on this planet. Life is over, and people, family and friends, should be assured of our destination in death.

When I turned 60, there was this deep internal realization for the first time in my whole life, that life was not going to last forever. That I was very much MORTAL and that I was going to die someday. 

My very first time to in my whole life to meet my mortality, my reality of my upcoming death at some point, face to face!!! It was a ground shaker!!

At that point I decided things with God had to get even more real. I prayed about it, and God understood my heart, and has been their with me through the Holy Spirit, to make the changes I needed that He chose for me, and some things I prayed about that I knew needed to change or I needed to add to my life.

That was nearly 20 years ago.

I am meeting my end with confidence at nearly 80 years old. I have been clearing out all I have to a minimal state, giving things away to friends and family, while still having my small necessities of living and comfort and enjoyment, and study for growth and wisdom and knowledge. I still enjoy my hobby.

Death is very much a reality in my future, as it is in everyone's, and I want to leave as little behind for my family to deal with as possible, and know that I left them with the knowledge of God as much as possible.

My name is Arrabon

Edited by Arrabon
  • Thanks 1

• Arrabon changed the title to The "End Times" can come in many ways."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Arrabon said:

This is me just expanding on the idea of how the "END TIMES" can come about with any of us.

I was just sitting here with my early morning cup of coffee, when these thoughts started coming to me about how many different ways the "End Times" can come to us

We could be of any age, walking or driving to a store, be on a vacation, and some event brings about our untimely and unexpected death.

A car accident. Walking across a street. A victim of a shooting at a gathering in a restaurant, party with friends, or at a business, or in a mall, or a theater.

The end times won't necessarily come to many of us in biblical terms, as there are a lot of daily situations that could preclude experiencing "THE" scriptural end times, but definitely won't change the personal outcome. We are dead, and our fate is sealed for eternity.

"Death" comes in many forms to all of us, and at my age is much more of a reality to me, than someone many tears younger.

But old age isn't always the definer of our "END TIMES". Illnesses and disease can play a big part in an untimely death.

The possibilities of Alzheimer's disease, and dementia of several forms can be a warning, as well as actually experiencing it can be the precursor to the end, just like earthquakes, floods, violently changing weather, or remembering what the days of Noah were like, can all be warnings.

Even something as simple as aging can be a warning of the "END TIMES", as we get up there in years and consider what we have been doing with our lives up to the present day, and what are we doing with our lives to serve God and others now, as well as are we staying in Gods word and still growing closer to Christ? Time at that point is getting much, much shorter, and our thoughts of that should be a focus.

The "End Times" parallel Noah's days, but also parallel our days too, as we live out our daily routines, the "END TIMES" can come suddenly and abruptly to put an end to our time on this planet. Life is over, and people, family and friends, should be assured of our destination in death.

When I turned 60, there was this deep internal realization for the first time in my whole life, that life was not going to last forever. That I was very much MORTAL and that I was going to die someday. 

My very first time to in my whole life to meet my mortality, my reality of my upcoming death at some point, face to face!!! It was a ground shaker!!

At that point I decided things with God had to get even more real. I prayed about it, and God understood my heart, and has been their with me through the Holy Spirit, to make the changes I needed that He chose for me, and some things I prayed about that I knew needed to change or I needed to add to my life.

I am meeting my end with confidence at nearly 80 years old. I have been clearing out all I have to a minimal state, giving things away to friends and family, while still having my small necessities of living and comfort and enjoyment, and study for growth and wisdom and knowledge.

Death is very much a reality in my future, and I want to leave as little behind for my family to deal with as possible, and know that I left them with the knowledge of God as much as possible.

My name is Arrabon

I can understand, Arrabon, wearing out our old bodies these many years, the rest room has become our maintenance room :unsure:.
But it still functions and God willing, my desire is to continue to be used as He see's fit as that day approaches.
I am aware it could happen before I send this post, or at any time. And I hope to be working when He comes.
It took me too many years to gather all the neat junk I have stored, and as soon as I throw/give something away, I'll surely need it.  My shop is my 401K, w/wood working tools and electrical plumbing control system machinist tools supplies paint spraying etc stored for so many years. Seems every week someone drops by for parts nut/bolts paint or some plywood cut for their kids.  Besides, I think my survivors will have a blast going through all my ancient stuff wondering what it was ever used for.
And besides,  I still have too many 'honey do's' lists that will take quite a while. I may eventually retire from constructing the laboratory machine enclosures I supply/ship to my last (and final) customer, to maybe grab my wife and run down to Padre Island and play in the surf, camping and fishing for a few weeks. I'll have to convince her to retire also from her business. (Should be easy)
Death is a reality in everybody's future, some looking forward to, most not (both lost/saved). My hope is to add to the ones looking forward to going home, in some tiny way, Lord willing. I'm afraid should I stop working I'll begin to change, and loose my enthusiasm to do, which for me is important for my mental well being. If I sit around contemplating end times, watch national/local news, read the newspaper head lines, my mind begins to wander into the rabbit hole. To think on those things that are true honest pure lovely just etc, floods my feelings to a high, and enthusiasms increase. End times have been discussed in the days of the apostles. Instead of studying what thousands over the years haven't figured out, I'll try to always be ready for his coming, storing up my sheaves as the day approaches.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

When it comes down to it, my POV is a simple one. 153 fishes.

When the fullness of that number is reached--the second advent. And then on from there.

I have no idea how many more are to come into His family, but I suspect a great many more----sand of the sea, more.

I see nothing that tells me that his second advent is close---lots of speculation about lots of things. IMO--that is all it is.

Trust me--I get it. But I simply don't see it.

Then again, I may be off my rocker.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Then again, I may be off my rocker.

You're in good company.......default_cool2.gif.e6db8e5cb616ac13cad3cc379ca69b35.gif

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

7 minutes ago, Sower said:

You're in good company.......default_cool2.gif.e6db8e5cb616ac13cad3cc379ca69b35.gif

Ya---there is a tension between this world and the other. Between a seeming reality and another.

I suspect that we see a wee corner of a single page unclearly.

But isn't the most wonderful adventure possible. We are sons of Almighty God. He that is the I AM.

Its gonna be a rush!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

15 hours ago, Alive said:

I may be off my rocker.

@Alive and @Sower

I don't think anyone here is off their rocker, we're just talking about our preparation for reality. The end of one life and the beginning of another, and being prepared for that transition as so many before us have, in truth and lovingly kind Godliness.

At 78 years old, I am unusually health, have no medical issues, that something over the counter wont take care of, and still feel the 20 year old I used to be, but need my daily naps to help me feel that young :24:.

I have no idea when my end will come, but God in His word makes it very clear that whether death or rapture, as we age the time gets closer to the end, and we should meet it with great expectations, while still serving Him and others until our last breath while watching the sky's for His return.

I don't worry about waking up the next day as so many say they do, I am at peace and content with my Lord, and my place in life and whatever future He holds for me, I hope I can face with the same enthusiasm that I post with here.

There is a calmness in my soul as I type this, and an excitement in my soul about the future days and years to come, if they are to come at all.

I don't question my time to come, as that's in God's hands. I never think about it much unless I am here. I still have plans to pursue things I enjoy to the end of my life, but believe that at any time I could give them up as they are things of this world, and for me, I desire more than anything the things of God much more, however He chooses me to have them.

A good conversation between brothers, some sharing from the many advanced years of our blessings of long life.

God bless you all, and may God keep you in His perfect peace.

My name is Arrabon

Edited by Arrabon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

1 hour ago, Arrabon said:

@Alive and @Sower

I don't think anyone here is off their rocker, we're just talking about our preparation for reality. The end of one life and the beginning of another, and being prepared for that transition as so many before us have, in truth and lovingly kind Godliness.

At 78 years old, I am unusually health, have no medical issues, that something over the counter wont take care of, and still feel the 20 year old I used to be, but need my daily naps to help me feel that young :24:.

I have no idea when my end will come, but God in His word makes it very clear that whether death or rapture, as we age the time gets closer to the end, and we should meet it with great expectations, while still serving Him and others until our last breath while watching the ski's for His return.

I don't worry about waking up the next day as so many say they do, I am at peace and content with my Lord, and my place in life and whatever future He holds for me, I hope I can face with the same enthusiasm that I post with here.

There is a calmness in my soul as I type this, and an excitement in my soul about the future days and years to come, if they are to come at all.

I don't question my time to come, as that's in God's hands. I never think about it much unless I am here. I still have plans to pursue things I enjoy to the end of my life, but believe that at any time I could give them up as they are things of this world, and for me, I desire more than anything the things of God much more, however He chooses me to have them.

A good conversation between brothers, some sharing from the many advanced years of our blessings of long life.

God bless you all, and may God keep you in His perfect peace.

My name is Arrabon

You were born in the 40's era when pollution was not as bad as now, more healthy generation.

Btw the world ends for those that died.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

2 Peter 3:9 ESV 

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

We continue in the hope that many more will be saved. Whoever reads this, might consider that their particular 'end' might be very close. So like the thief on the cross beside the Lord we hope for many more sons of Glory to be saved in the nick of time.

Yes, I am a failed human and off my rocker. That is of small consequence. It is not about me, but about the Lord Most High that sent His Monogenes - His One and Only Unique One to die for the lost and bring them to His Father. For His Glory. :amen:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

When I reached 60 those 7 yrs back I came to the conviction, that from here on in everyday extra is a bonus and to make sure that I never really waste any of those days but live them entirely in the context of what Paul means in "15.Be very careful , then , how you live-not as unwise but as wise,16 making the most of every opportunity, because days are evil."(N.I.V. Eph 5:15-16).As far as retirement goes, as I understand, we may retire from a career but as far as serving the Lord, the job is done only when He (The Lord)decides it is done.Take Moses for instances "Then Moses climbed Mount Nebo from the plains of Moab to the top of Pisgah, across from Jericho...5.And Moses the servant of the Lord died there in Moab, as the Lord had said."(Dt.34:1; 5).

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1