Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

I would like your insight about repetitive sin and confession. The other day I read a message from You Tube concerning believers who truly struggle with falling to certain sins, but in there heart they love the Lord and  pray to be free, but it is a strong hold on them. I am one who believes we need to confess our sins daily  even if we feel we have not sinned that day. I cannot remember where but their is a scripture that says we should not repeat sins already confessed because God never forgets. 

There are other scripture that would suggest that we we pray for forgiveness every day. The Lords prayer says forgive us of our sins. I have always considered this a model prayer when we pray and that we should use this model everyday. 

I believe repetitive sin comes from addiction and specific ones are extremely difficult even when we ask God to take from us repeatedly  

Those who fall to these things feel guilt and shame having grieved the Holy Spirit. We Ask God to wash us clean as only He can because He knows what they are going through. Your thought s please.    

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

I would like your insight about repetitive sin and confession. The other day I read a message from You Tube concerning believers who truly struggle with falling to certain sins, but in there heart they love the Lord and  pray to be free, but it is a strong hold on them. I am one who believes we need to confess our sins daily  even if we feel we have not sinned that day. I cannot remember where but their is a scripture that says we should not repeat sins already confessed because God never forgets. 

There are other scripture that would suggest that we we pray for forgiveness every day. The Lords prayer says forgive us of our sins. I have always considered this a model prayer when we pray and that we should use this model everyday. 

I believe repetitive sin comes from addiction and specific ones are extremely difficult even when we ask God to take from us repeatedly  

Those who fall to these things feel guilt and shame having grieved the Holy Spirit. We Ask God to wash us clean as only He can because He knows what they are going through. Your thought s please.    

"He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
in whom we have redemption through His blood,
the forgiveness of sins"    
Colossians 1:13-14

"To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him
receives forgiveness of sins through his name.” 
Acts 10:43

I also confess sin all day long. Not necessarily committed sin, but thoughts that may/will lead to sin, if perused.
I am agreeing with God about a thought, say maybe anger towards someone who caused some  hurt. As soon as I realize what is going on in my mind (called 'taking every thought captive') I confess to God, I agree the thought is sin, or will result into sin. I then move on and do not dwell on it. Just another fiery dart 'quenched' with the shield, provided by the word. Thus doing, I maintain fellowship with God. Additionally, I am cleansed from all unrighteousness. I have been forgiven from all sin when saved. My purpose is to maintain fellowship, and to agree the thought was an unrighteous thought, whether finally committed or not,  and this light is then stored within my mind to illuminate, or chase out the darkness within my memories.
The purpose of confessing  is fellowship, and downloading/storing light/truth within my mind.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness"
1 John 1:9

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

@Mike Mclees and all that would read…

Hi, if you wouldn’t mind me putting forth a few thoughts, and writing rather boldly…. For whatever I write, take it before God for a confirmation or not, for if one would, seeing into this mystery is the plight of the church… That being put forth; 

One fails with their struggle with sin because the foundation of one’s salvation in Christ is not known and understood…

For one’s death is the foundation of the salvation offered in Christ… Meaning, that there is only one way for a person to be guaranteed to never ever sin from now to all eternity, and that is by their death..

For this is exactly what our salvation in Christ consists of, our deaths… Salvation is a free gift from God to man, it all comes through faith, and this faith is to be in the constant operation of God in the life..  Man can do nothing towards the stopping of sin in their life… They may overcome this sin for a bit, but only replace it with a pride in their accomplishments….

To overcome this indwelling sin problem and save man, as God Himself did, was to replace man and to do this, man had to die… This is the faith, that we have died and it is no longer us who live but Christ who lives in us…

To even speak bolder, because one does not yet know and believe in their utter inability to overcome their fallen nature do they struggle with it… Once they see their total inability they by faith run into the arms of Jesus to have Him by faith fulfill His word in them…

This is why Paul was accused of preaching a gospel of; ‘let us do evil that good may come’ because the gospel he preached was not understood, seeing he preached a total and utter dying to the life of this world that by faith Christ would live a righteous and holy life through one…

For it is a most certain truth, to the degree one embraces their death in Christ by faith to that degree will they walk in newness of life..

Sorry for the boldness but only trying to direct one’s heart to Christ that the salvation that is offered might be enjoyed and experienced by all…

Be blessed in your relationship with Him… 

A fellow follower of His, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The following clearly states people sin after confession and those sins are definitely forgiven.

Matthew 18:21, 22

Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him?   As many as seven times?"
Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven."

The only sin God doesn't forget are the ones we dont ask forgiveness for, and the unforgivable sin. I agree we should ask for fogiveness daily, if for no other reason, but that we may not realize we had sinned that day.

Edited by Kenny'sID
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,264
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,389
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

10 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Good post, I would say he/she confesseth their sin and forsaketh they shall have mercy.

Love, Walter

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

When we come to Christ we ask for forgiveness for being a sinner.  Christ redeems us from the grip of satan and we are transferred into God's Kingdom of light.  However we will always have some sin or imperfection in our lives till we put on immortality.  I agree with Sower's post:

5 hours ago, Sower said:

Thus doing, I maintain fellowship with God. Additionally, I am cleansed from all unrighteousness. I have been forgiven from all sin when saved. My purpose is to maintain fellowship, and to agree the thought was an unrighteous thought, whether finally committed or not,

However, when we walk in the light and are unaware of sin, we don't need to confess that because the blood of Jesus continually cleanses us from all sin and we remain in fellowship.  It is the sin that we are aware of that we need to confess.

1Jn 1:9 AMPC If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269

2 hours ago, Willa said:

However, when we walk in the light and are unaware of sin, we don't need to confess that because the blood of Jesus continually cleanses us from all sin and we remain in fellowship.

default_thumbsup.gif.37b79837c6988c91e8e61432d6271dfd.gif

The only time I did that (confessing for any forgotten/unknown sin)was while I was still a member of the RCC, trying to cover all the bases, like a blanket confession. There may have been a forgotten biggie, a mortal one, that took a priest to forgive............(my, Days of darkness)
I know I have been crucified in Christ, and am dead, to sin. I reckon myself dead. Reckon is an accountant term, calculating something to be correct, true.
Now, I'm alive unto Christ. And those who are still alive will always have temptations, as the tempter is still active.
Therefore the thought life is a battle field, a battle for the mind.
Thank God for the whole armor.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

4 hours ago, Not me said:

One fails with their struggle with sin because the foundation of one’s salvation in Christ is not known and understood…

@Not me my brother.

If you don't mind, I would like to offer another perspective to your thought that I highlighted above. 

I will start with Gods word. 1Perer 4:18, " And if it is with difficulty that the righteous is saved, what will become of the godless man and the sinner?"

Life is difficult because, among other things, we have to get rid of the the sins in our lives, and it takes time - A LIFETIME.

Aging, besides scripture, is a constant teacher of life, as is God.

People don't automatically become perfect after giving their lives to Christ.

Getting past our sins, which we all have many, is a lifelong pursuit, because we are never aware of all our sins. God in His wisdom reveals them to us when we are ready to deal with them, in God's estimation, and His timing, to help us with the "sins that easily beset us," (Overwhelms us, Entangles us, trips us up), Hebrews 12:1.

When  we first start out as believers we don't even hardly understand the concept of sin in our lives, and have to learn all that.

Christianity is a life long "PROCESS", and just because one person understands the concept of certain things, others will not, until they are further along in their faith.

Blanket statement in most cases don't work very often, because we are all in different places in our faith.

God bless

My name is ARRABON

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,196
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

21 minutes ago, Arrabon said:

@Not me my brother.

If you don't mind, I would like to offer another perspective to your thought that I highlighted above. 

I will start with Gods word. 1Perer 4:18, " And if it is with difficulty that the righteous is saved, what will become of the godless man and the sinner?"

Life is difficult because, among other things, we have to get rid of the the sins in our lives, and it takes time - A LIFETIME.

Aging, besides scripture, is a constant teacher of life, as is God.

People don't automatically become perfect after giving their lives to Christ.

Getting past our sins, which we all have many, is a lifelong pursuit, because we are never aware of all our sins. God in His wisdom reveals them to us when we are ready to deal with them, in God's estimation, and His timing, to help us with the "sins that easily beset us," (Overwhelms us, Entangles us, trips us up), Hebrews 12:1.

When  we first start out as believers we don't even hardly understand the concept of sin in our lives, and have to learn all that.

Christianity is a life long "PROCESS", and just because one person understands the concept of certain things, others will not, until they are further along in their faith.

Blanket statement in most cases don't work very often, because we are all in different places in our faith.

God bless

My name is ARRABON

Hi, another perspective is immaterial, if what I wrote was true… 

So, what I wrote, was it true? 

To find this out… Go by what the peace of Christ is teaching you and ignore all else, for only what the Spirit of Christ is teaching your heart is life in you…

Be blessed in your pursuit of the life that has been birthed in you…

A fellow servant of His, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

The Truth in us, when we allow it (have an ear to hear it), lets us 'know' what is true.

Do we intend to deny the soul and feed self, or deny self to feed the soul.

Only our Truth 'knows' what is true at any moment. Only we 'know' what is true when we are humble to it.

• Thanks 1