IGNORED

Israel in Prophesy (still future vs 1948)

dad2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,507
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0

In all the major parts of the bible I read about when God brings Israel back, it seems to still be the future. For example I don't think we could say they are at peace and safe now.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1948 is when Israel became a nation, or in other words, when the fig tree bloomed.  Peace and safety, if I am assuming you meaning correctly, will not come until the 7 years covenant is signed, brought in by the antichrist.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,686
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

On 7/17/2021 at 9:22 AM, dad2 said:

In all the major parts of the bible I read about when God brings Israel back, it seems to still be the future. For example I don't think we could say they are at peace and safe now.

Those who trust in the Lord will rejoice in the holy Land:

Isaiah 41:8-20 But you, Israel My servant – Jacob whom I have chosen, the descendants of My friend Abraham. I have summoned you from the ends of the earth and called you My servants. Have no fear, for I am with you – I am your God. I shall strengthen you with My victorious right hand.

Now, all who defy you will be humiliated. They will be as nothing and will perish. Your enemies will no longer be found.

For I, the Lord your God will help you. Have no fear Jacob, you worm, Israel you maggot, your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel. See; I shall make of you a sharp threshing sledge. You will thresh and winnow the land and the wind will carry away all that pollutes the holy Land. Then you will rejoice in the Lord.

The poor and needy look for water and find none. The Lord will not forsake them, He will open up springs in the hills and pools in the desert. All kinds of trees will flourish in the Land, so that everyone may see and understand that the Lord Himself has created this. 

Isaiah 40:27-31 Jacob, why do you complain? You Israel, why do you say: my cause goes unheeded by my God? Do you not know, have you not heard – the Lord does not grow weary or faint and His understanding cannot be fathomed.

The Lord gives strength to the weary and those who trust in Him will soar as on eagles wings, they will run and not feel faint, march on and not be tired.

Ref. REB some verses abridged.

‘Israel My servant, the descendants of Jacob, whom I have chosen. I have summoned My servants from the ends of the earth; out of every nation.’ The Lord’s righteous people, now every faithful Christian, called out of the nations after the Lord’s Day of vengeance. They will be helped and strengthened by their God. As we know from other prophesies and the New Testament, the Lord’s servants also include people of every race, tribe, language and nation. We Christians are His people by faith. The true Israelites of God.

‘Any who oppose them will be destroyed, by God’s victorious Right Hand’.  The Lord Jesus will instigate this judgement/punishment of the nations. Psalms 83, Psalms 110:5-6, Luke 3:16-17, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Micah 7:10

‘Jacob you worm, Israel you maggot’ The Lord has a sense of humour! The people of all the 12 tribes are unworthy, but God will fulfil His promises to the Patriarchs through their descendants who believe in God by faith. Galatians 3:26-29

‘The storm wind sent by the Lord, will remove all that pollutes the holy Land’, This refers to the Day of the Lord’s wrath, a terrible worldwide devastation by fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis. Isaiah 30:25-28, Malachi 4:1, 2 Peter 3:7

‘The Lord will provide water and the Land will flourish, all will acknowledge the Lords hand in this’.  Once again it will be all habitable and fertile. Ezekiel 25:5-7, Ezekiel 36:8, Isaiah 25:9, Amos 9:13, Isaiah 51:3, Isaiah 49:19

The poor and needy”, This is a description of His people, when they first enter the Land.  ‘The Lord will give them strength, they will march into their heritage and not be weary’. Psalms 107:1-43, Isaiah 35:1-10, Jer. 31:7-14, Psalms 68:24-27

Be patient, Israel, God is in control.  Psalms 37:5, Jeremiah 23:24

Put your trust in the Lord, He will help and strengthen you.  2 Corinthians 6:1-2

• Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/17/2021 at 6:57 AM, OneLight said:

1948 is when Israel became a nation, or in other words, when the fig tree bloomed.  Peace and safety, if I am assuming you meaning correctly, will not come until the 7 years covenant is signed, brought in by the antichrist.

Rev 11 says Jerusalem shall be throdden down by gentiles, probably being made an international city by the 7 years covenant of antichrist.

All the posts so far have talked about the future, after the vengeance. Not 1948

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Rev 11 says Jerusalem shall be throdden down by gentiles, probably being made an international city by the 7 years covenant of antichrist.

Right, after that God will bring Israel to the land. That is future.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/22/2021 at 1:15 PM, Keras said:

Those who trust in the Lord will rejoice in the holy Land:

Isaiah 41:8-20 But you, Israel My servant – Jacob whom I have chosen, the descendants of My friend Abraham. I have summoned you from the ends of the earth and called you My servants. Have no fear, for I am with you – I am your God. I shall strengthen you with My victorious right hand.

Now, all who defy you will be humiliated. They will be as nothing and will perish. Your enemies will no longer be found.

For I, the Lord your God will help you. Have no fear Jacob, you worm, Israel you maggot, your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel. See; I shall make of you a sharp threshing sledge. You will thresh and winnow the land and the wind will carry away all that pollutes the holy Land. Then you will rejoice in the Lord.

The poor and needy look for water and find none. The Lord will not forsake them, He will open up springs in the hills and pools in the desert. All kinds of trees will flourish in the Land, so that everyone may see and understand that the Lord Himself has created this. 

Isaiah 40:27-31 Jacob, why do you complain? You Israel, why do you say: my cause goes unheeded by my God? Do you not know, have you not heard – the Lord does not grow weary or faint and His understanding cannot be fathomed.

The Lord gives strength to the weary and those who trust in Him will soar as on eagles wings, they will run and not feel faint, march on and not be tired.

Ref. REB some verses abridged.

‘Israel My servant, the descendants of Jacob, whom I have chosen. I have summoned My servants from the ends of the earth; out of every nation.’ The Lord’s righteous people, now every faithful Christian, called out of the nations after the Lord’s Day of vengeance. They will be helped and strengthened by their God. As we know from other prophesies and the New Testament, the Lord’s servants also include people of every race, tribe, language and nation. We Christians are His people by faith. The true Israelites of God.

‘Any who oppose them will be destroyed, by God’s victorious Right Hand’.  The Lord Jesus will instigate this judgement/punishment of the nations. Psalms 83, Psalms 110:5-6, Luke 3:16-17, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Micah 7:10

‘Jacob you worm, Israel you maggot’ The Lord has a sense of humour! The people of all the 12 tribes are unworthy, but God will fulfil His promises to the Patriarchs through their descendants who believe in God by faith. Galatians 3:26-29

‘The storm wind sent by the Lord, will remove all that pollutes the holy Land’, This refers to the Day of the Lord’s wrath, a terrible worldwide devastation by fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis. Isaiah 30:25-28, Malachi 4:1, 2 Peter 3:7

‘The Lord will provide water and the Land will flourish, all will acknowledge the Lords hand in this’.  Once again it will be all habitable and fertile. Ezekiel 25:5-7, Ezekiel 36:8, Isaiah 25:9, Amos 9:13, Isaiah 51:3, Isaiah 49:19

The poor and needy”, This is a description of His people, when they first enter the Land.  ‘The Lord will give them strength, they will march into their heritage and not be weary’. Psalms 107:1-43, Isaiah 35:1-10, Jer. 31:7-14, Psalms 68:24-27

Be patient, Israel, God is in control.  Psalms 37:5, Jeremiah 23:24

Put your trust in the Lord, He will help and strengthen you.  2 Corinthians 6:1-2

We could not say all who defy Israel today are humiliated!  Nor have they all perished by any stretch of the imagination. That is future. As the verse you yourself posted says.."‘Israel My servant, the descendants of Jacob, whom I have chosen. I have summoned My servants from the ends of the earth; out of every nation.’ The Lord’s righteous people, now every faithful Christian, called out of the nations after the Lord’s Day of vengeance."

On 7/16/2021 at 4:57 PM, OneLight said:

No. The issue is when God will bring them back. That is future.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, dad2 said:

No. The issue is when God will bring them back. That is future.

Didn't God begin the process when He brought Israel back into being a nation?  Are we just suppose to ignore His hand in this and say "that's nothing, wait for more"?

17 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Didn't God begin the process when He brought Israel back into being a nation?  Are we just suppose to ignore His hand in this and say "that's nothing, wait for more"?

No. He allowed them to be a nation, but if He gathers them after the vengeance then the time is not yet. Israel needed to be a nation for the prophesies to be true. How else can someone invade Israel and etc? But apparently the time when God brings them back is after His day of vengeance. It will be THEN that their enemies will be crushed. It will be THEN that they dwell safely, etc. etc.  I do not think it is right to try and claim all those things (Israel is brought to the land by God and dwells safely etc) in prophesy already mostly happened. You know, asking people to support the secular nation, and believe God already brought them back there. God only does all that AFTER they repent and get saved.

Edited by dad2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1