• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.04
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/21/2021 at 12:17 AM, Jayne said:

This CLEARLY state that when you believed in Jesus Christ immediately the Holy Spirit sealed you.

Not true, Holy Spirit baptism is not the same with Holy Spirit revelation that makes people believe, as happened with Peter :

Matt 16:13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”
14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter obviously have been inspired by Almighty God Yahwe in heaven but He has not received the Holy Spirit yet, because Jesus told them to wait in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit baptism.

Acts 1:4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: "Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.
5 For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.04

17 hours ago, Hopefully said:

“So go and make followers of all people in the world. Baptize them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:19‬ ‭

Its the church duty to baptize people with water but its Jesus duty to baptize with Holy Spirit :

Matt 3:11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

9 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Those who let Holy Spirit control their tongue will be able control their body as tongue is the steering wheel.

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

1 Cor 15:4 .... He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself

I do not dispute that, just the use of this particular scripture to support that

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

If being born of water speaks to the way every person  is naturally born, why then were people who had already received the Holy Spirit  baptized? 

““How can anyone object to these people being baptized in water? They have received the Holy Spirit the same as we did!” So Peter told them to baptize Cornelius and his relatives and friends in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:47-48‬ ‭

I believe being born of water is being baptized. Jesus lived a sin free life and still got baptized. 

Also why would a given even be mentioned? Why would God say everyone must be born of water and spirit if everyone is naturally born of water? God says he is not the author of confusion. Why didn’t he just say everyone must be born of the Spirit since water is a given.

It also could read- everyone is born of water but you must also be born of the Spirit. I believe it’s not written that way because natural birth is not being born of water.

Edited by Hopefully
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

6 minutes ago, Chicken coop2 said:

If then there are two different types of baptism, please describe in detail the process of each one separately.  Which one do you do first and how?  Which one do you do second and how? 

What I’m asking is- is water baptism being born of water, spirit or, neither?

if your answer is neither because being born of water is something every person has - what I’m trying to understand is why did people already being born of water receive the holy spirt then also get baptized?

some people say baptism is just a symbol of changing your heart to follow God, but why did Jesus get baptized when he always followed God not needing to change anything about his heart or life.

Edited by Hopefully
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  11

2 hours ago, Hopefully said:

What I’m asking is- is water baptism being born of water, spirit or, neither?

if your answer is neither because being born of water is something every person has - what I’m trying to understand is why did people already being born of water receive the holy spirt then also get baptized?

some people say baptism is just a symbol of changing your heart to follow God, but why did Jesus get baptized when he always followed God not needing to change anything about his heart or life.

Hi, Hopefully. . . Baptism symbolizes the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Christ set the example for us when He was baptized.  A Christian is baptized to say publicly that he/she believes that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and He lives again!

Romans 6:3-4

3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

3 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

If then there are two different types of baptism, please describe in detail the process of each one separately.  Which one do you do first and how?  Which one do you do second and how? 

There are two baptisms instituted by God for us in the New Covenant - water and Spirit.

The gospels and Acts unequivocally describe water baptism by full immersion for the remission of past sins > putting repentance unto a good conscience towards God into action. Most converts confess their faith here and "call on the name" of the Lord when they are baptized in water.

Then there is the baptism of the Holy Spirit as promised by Jesus in the gospels and described clearly in Acts and referred to in the epistles. 

People need to pray for (to ask for) the indwelling Holy Spirit and often other Spirit-filled Christians will lay hands upon those seeking and pray over them. This is scriptural. When a convert receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit the Bible evidence or sign is that they will speak out in tongues.

These two baptisms are the fundamental requirements for being born from above and because a Christian cannot have one without the other the apostles lump them together and describe this as the one baptism > the one way of doing obedience.

It matters not which comes first, water or Spirit, as long as you do both.

I received the indwelling Holy Spirit before I was baptized in water, others receive the Holy Spirit after their water baptism; some receive the Spirit in the waters of baptism and come up speaking in tongues. 

All of this is spiritual and of God's purpose for each of us. 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,438
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

15 hours ago, Waggles said:

There are two baptisms instituted by God for us in the New Covenant - water and Spirit.

Eph 4:4-6

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
KJV

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

1562313632_Onewaysmall.png.351e1a733b27740a190e84181e4a7407.png

• Thumbs Up 1