IGNORED

Is God a liar, or is the creation account true?

dad2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,130
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Desopixi Seilynam said:

How did He create? With His word.

Yes.  And then, he created everything else, using the initial creation:

Genesis 1:24 And God said: Let the earth bring forth the living creature in its kind, cattle and creeping things, and beasts of the earth, according to their kinds. And it was so done.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Anyone wishing to merge science & creation needs to research many hours with creation science books, websites, shows. The bible is literally true. True science confirms this. The only TBN show I watch anymore is the creation show.

Many intelligent scientists who are christians can eloquently refute evolution & even the gap theory. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.57

JUST GODS words (mostly) on the subject,  

In the beginning God created the HEAVENS. 

PERIOD.  FULL STOP.  DON'T ADD ANOTHER WORD.  AN ENTIRE AGE. 

AND it is ENTIRELY TIED TO THIS ONE.   AND BEST OF ALL

IT IS ALL WRITTEN.  Don't have to believe what some man tells or teaches, you can learn it directly from GOD.  Doesn't even need to be explained.  No hard to understand concepts or language.  No figures of speech.....

Proverbs 8:5
O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart.
The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

THERE WAS A HEAVEN
WHEN THERE WAS NO EARTH

Proverbs 8:24
When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.  25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:  26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

Wisdom speaking...beautiful

Job 38:1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

Job 38:2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

Job 38:3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Job 38:8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

Job 38:9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

Job 38:10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

Job 38:11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?

NOW EITHER
GOD KILLED ALL THOSE SONS OF GOD AND MORNING STARS AND
OBLITERATED THE EARTH HE HAD CREATED from all existence
AND
STARTED, again, COMPLETELY FROM SCRATCH, A SPANKING BRAND NEW EARTH with THE ONLY THING/person to continue on to this one being 
THE NOW FALLEN LUCIFER/SATAN 
(that is unless and of course for the exceptions that would be if you believe the angels in heaven are the angels from that age and possibly the sons of God from that age are the angels in this one which also is another discussion on whether or not you believe that angels have souls or not or spirits/souls have heavenly bodies then and not now or then and now or not then and not now at least until Christ returns which depends whether or not you believe Christ has already returned and we are in the 'double' millennium because of the word near which of course means you have to disregard the kingdom proclaimed which some do because 'God is all knowing and powerful and knowing so it couldn't have taken place and the lists go on and on so if I have missed your belief sorry trying to keep it short)

OR HE DIDN'T.

Didn't what?  didn't kill all the morning stars and sons of God and completely obliterate the earth and completely start over and He did bring forth NOT ONLY the now fallen Lucifer/Satan but all the sons of God and morning stars from the first earth 'age'.  

THOSE ARE THE only two CHOICES. 

ALL THE REST falls under 'WORDS WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE'.  

RECAP: 
 THERE WERE sons of God and Morning stars IN HEAVEN

WHEN THERE WAS NO EARTH

and we know WHAT they  
were doing  WHILE THE EARTH WAS BEING CREATED.  

('anything so far take place 'IN DARKNESS'? NOPE)

TO ADD TO THAT

Isaiah 45:11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me
Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts. Thus saith the LORD, The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying, Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God.  Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.  They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols. But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

FOR THUS SAITH THE LORD THAT CREATED THE HEAVENS,
GOD HIMSELF THAT FORMED THE EARTH AND MADE IT,
HE HATH ESTABLISHED IT,
HE CREATED IT NOT IN VAIN,
HE FORMED IT TO BE INHABITED,
I AM THE LORD AND THERE IS NONE ELSE.  

I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain:

I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right. Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.  Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.  In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.  

IN HEBREW.  

'TOHU VA BOHU',  the earth NOT created that way, GODS WORDS NOT MINE

Yet in Gen 1:2
     it is found to be
 'TOHU VA BOHU', AGAIN GODS WORDS NOT MINE

Soooooooo

IF IT WASN'T CREATED THAT WAY (AS we just read in GODS OWN WORDS),
       YET IT WAS FOUND TO BE IN THAT CONDITION 

Shouldn't the REAL questions be more like

HOW did it BECOME that way?  and  Why?  How?  When?  and IS ALL THAT INFORMATION ALSO TO BE FOUND WRITTEN IN THE WORDS OF GOD?

yes.   

D

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  4

15 hours ago, Faith-Not-Fear said:

Many intelligent scientists who are christians can eloquently refute evolution & even the gap theory.

There are also many intelligent scientists who are Christians that can eloquently explain the evidence for evolution.

I believe Genesis is true, I just happen to also believe it is an overly-literal interpretation to claim that all creation happened in a 144-hour period about 6,000 years ago. God has left us plenty of evidence to the contrary.

No one here has ever claimed God was lying, so the OP presents a false dichotomy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

There can be no bickering on two opinions. We either except Gods word or you don't. If we believe in Jesus you must also believe in the Father. Therefore the Father and the Son are truth without question.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

There can be no bickering on two opinions. We either except Gods word or you don't. If we believe in Jesus you must also believe in the Father. Therefore the Father and the Son are truth without question.

Why do you seem elevate the written Bible so much higher than the revealed created world around you? The Bible is just one element of revelation that God has given us, and it's mainly a broad narrative story of His relationship with humans, dealing with fundamental truths about us in his story.

What if you had no Bible?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

4 hours ago, teddyv said:

Why do you seem elevate the written Bible so much higher than the revealed created world around you? The Bible is just one element of revelation that God has given us, and it's mainly a broad narrative story of His relationship with humans, dealing with fundamental truths about us in his story.

What if you had no Bible?

And what if their wasn't?  respectably Would the church not be in chaos.  Man cannot be trusted to hold to anything. Even the written word is challenged day after day. I could tell you many reasons  why we need to respect Gods written word and not minimize it.  I can neither minimize  Gods creation. We should give glory to God in all things.  

14 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

We either except Gods word or you don't.

I accept God’s Word. I may not accept your interpretation of God’s Word.

14 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

If we believe in Jesus you must also believe in the Father. Therefore the Father and the Son are truth without question.

I do not question this - at all. The duration of the creation is not relevant to this belief.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

We should give glory to God in all things.

I think evolution is a tool that beautifully displays God’s creativity, power, and intricacy in His creation. It brings glory to Him.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,630
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

On 8/16/2021 at 5:29 PM, DeighAnn said:

THERE WAS A HEAVEN WHEN THERE WAS NO EARTH

That doesn't say much. If Wisdom were, for example the Spirit of God, then of course he would witness the creation. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. That was day one. In part of that first day, for all we know, there was a time when the mountains were not settled or the earth formed yet! There is no need to assume some old ages of there being no earth, and I see nothing about the morning stars being 'killed' either. The verses cited do not show anything that remotely supports the gap folks who want to insert imaginary ages that they need for their worship of so called science.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1