Please help thank you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

I know jesus says if we pray and believe what we prayed for we have revieved we will obtain what we prayed for, but im asking for an answer from one of you, specificly people that got Gods help with these things. Ok if i pray for mental and spiritual strength to overcome smoking, will God give it to me i have prayed before with true faith, and he gave me strength I still had to put on the effort, but I felt less temptation to smoke,but i still never ended up quitting. like I said though in one of my last posts, I cant bear to sin any longer, and want to stop cigarettes and drug's, but am so miserable that I just think oh if I do this drug or smoke this ill feel better and if I don't I will suffer which is the teuth. So I pick up the drug or cigarette and do it. so What do I do im stuck is one question, and the other is will God give me strength to stop doing these things if i pray and have faith. I wont go to rehab so please dont tell me that's my only option because then i'll just continue the drug and cigaretteb use. And honestly the cigarettes are harder for me to stop then the drugs. ecause drugs come and go sometimes there availabke sometimes there not... BUT cigarettes are cheap and always available. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,377
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Hello f-p,

I have a couple of suggestions. Hope you find them helpful.

1 – Pray the Word of God with thanksgiving.

God's Word and His promises have power to change us. Speaking His promises out loud can help our mind come in to line with His Word. “Faith” involves agreeing with God's Word despite the circumstances. Do this when you are tempted, when you are not tempted, after you succumb to temptation, and even while 'sinning' (e.g. while inhaling cigarette smoke).

For example;

- Thank you Father that you have made me the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21)

- Thank you Father that I have the spiritual fruit of self control (Galatians 5:22-23)

- Thank you Father that I am a slave to righteousness; having been set free from sin (Romans 6:18)

- Thank you Father that I can do all things through Christ who is my strength (Philippians 4:13)

- Thank you Father that I am more than a conqueror through Christ who loves me (Romans 8:37)

- Thank you Father that I am free – because “if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed” (John 8:36) and “where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty” (2 Corinthians 3:17)

- Etc. etc. - Find for yourself some promises of God concerning your freedom from all bondage, and your actual state of freedom in God's eyes (based on the finished work of Christ).

2 – Always go directly to God after you fall into sin. Ask for forgiveness. Trust that He is faithful to forgive you – as He has promised (1 John 1:9). That means not permitting yourself to remain in self-condemnation. Our sin is against God. If God forgives us, who are we to waste His time feeling condemned and sorry for ourselves? Are we suggesting Christ's sacrifice is insufficient to immediately cleanse our unrighteousness? Instead, thank God for His mercy and grace, and resolved to move forward in His peace and into the destiny He has set before us.

Note that the following scripture invites us into God's presence explicitly at the times we “need” His “mercy” and “grace” - not just when we feel like we've been doing ok.

Hebrews 4:16 - Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

So do not get caught in the tempter's trap: First he tempts us to stray from God, then He lies to us that we are not good enough – in order to keep us from approaching God. Don't fall for it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Ask the Holy Spirit to help you. Yeshua said I must go so the Helper (Holy Spirit) can come. The Father (Yahweh) sent the helper (the Holy Spirit) to help us in our struggles. James 4:7 Submit to God resist the devil and he must flee from you. The key is to submit to God. Lay it down before God, put it at His feet and pray and ask the Holy Spirit to help you. Also pray the Lord's prayer Matt 6:9-13 try and do this at least morning and evening. The key is the verse about delivering us form evil and the evil one. 

Hope this is helpful.

Shalom friend

Ancient

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,884
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

If you won't go to rehab will you at least meet with a pastor or go to church? You're trying to do something very difficult completely alone, and when you fail you start doubting God and your salvation. Addiction is a serious issue and you need help. God gives us professionals and others around us to help us. Could it be that you are rejecting the help God is wanting to give you?

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

18 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

I wont go to rehab so please dont tell me that's my only option because then i'll just continue the drug and cigaretteb use.

It is NOT your ONLY option, is is AN option. If you choose to respond to that option by continuing bad habits, whose choice was that? That reminds me so much of the following story:

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help. Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."
The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me." So the rowboat went on.
Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you." To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith." So the motorboat went on.
Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety." To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."   So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Not taking advantage of resources can be a matter of pride and hinder us from getting the help we need. That being said, if you are actually a Christian (meaning a person whom God as saved and given HIs Spirit to) then yes, prayer and faith will get you want you pray for, if it is in God's will, in His timing, and if you ask with right motives. These are not things I can judge about another person.

I would point you to these though:

Phil 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

1 Cor 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

and perhaps see these, about persistence.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

20 hours ago, faithfull-prophet4040 said:

so What do I do im stuck is one question, and the other is will God give me strength to stop doing these things if i pray and have faith.

It seems you are asking God to give you the strength first so that you may do second. That's wrong. You need to start doing first and trust that God will give you the strength needed as you progress. I know it's scary. It seems impossible, but you need to take the first step. I suggest you ask for help from a counselor. You need someone in the flesh who you can speak with often. You don't want rehab -- that's fine. Go to the local hospital, clinic, fire department, church, city hall... go anywhere you can ask for help, where the people can point you in the proper direction.  Don't do this alone.