Should I get the Covid vaccine?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

My husband and I have been going back and forth over this for months now and we can't come to a decision.  I've been praying for clarity, and am hoping to find some here.  The added pressure from friends, family and coworkers have made the decision even more difficult for us.   We've thought about giving in to what everyone else wants, getting the vaccine, and just not having to think about it anymore.  But is that right?  I believe we are making the right decision not getting vaccinated, but I don't want to be deceived because I know God heals and can prevent illness through modern medicine.  I've been reading a lot online but I don't know who to trust or what to believe anymore.   Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I just want some honesty from some fellow Christians. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

21 minutes ago, ~Shalhevet~ said:

My husband and I have been going back and forth over this for months now and we can't come to a decision.  I've been praying for clarity, and am hoping to find some here.  The added pressure from friends, family and coworkers have made the decision even more difficult for us.   We've thought about giving in to what everyone else wants, getting the vaccine, and just not having to think about it anymore.  But is that right?  I believe we are making the right decision not getting vaccinated, but I don't want to be deceived because I know God heals and can prevent illness through modern medicine.  I've been reading a lot online but I don't know who to trust or what to believe anymore.   Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I just want some honesty from some fellow Christians. 

Give your concerns to God. Pray and ask God to guide and direct you in this decision. If you are not feeling at peace about the decision to get the vaccine then maybe the Holy Spirit is telling you something. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,903
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

What makes you believe you are doing the right thing by not getting it? What is it about it that concerns you?

Likely you have some vaccines already, yes? Smallpox, polo, mumps, measles etc. What is different this time?

It seems so many Christians are living in sinful fear and anxiety because conservative media outlets and pundits and friends are doubting the vaccine. Everything has become so politicized. We accept the government's control when it comes to traffic laws, and wearing seatbelts, and so much more, but suddenly being required to wear a mask is a sign that the government is trying to oppress us. I see many actually comparing it to the yellow stars that the Nazi's forced Jews to wear! Goodness. When did we become to prone to fear and hysteria?

I would advise you to go to the Reasons to Believe channel on Youtube. They have videos from scientists who are Christians who debunk and address many of the concerns about the vaccine that are coming out of right-leaning media.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

Hi @~Shalhevet~

Do you really want direction on what do to on this matter from a forum? 

The virus and vaccine has divided so many and even believers, often into strongly opposed camps. So asking for guidance from a bunch of unknowns on a forum isn't likely to yield wise advice, neither should such guidance sway you on such a personal matter. 

Therefore, if you say no and hundred on here say yes, let your answer still be no, or vice versa. 

But if you are uncertain of your decision, ask yourself what are the motives for choosing what you have, and then the motives to change...

Whatever side God and His Word fits in should then bring you a settled heart (regardless of the potential fall out, uncomfortability and challenge). But whatever side terms such as "peer pressure" and "convenience" fit in, is probably the wrong side to choose. 

So again, rather than seek advice on forums over this heated and controversial subject, with fundamentalists on both sides, rather look deep into yourself for the motives behind your decision. Then you will know the path that you should take before Him with a clear conscience, whatever your choice, come what may. 

Peace.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.51
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, ~Shalhevet~ said:

I have concerns about the mRNA Covid-19 vaccines, e.g. the medium to long-term effects are unknown; some expert doctors have concerns (and are being treated viciously, for voicing them) and they have not been tested fully (no phase 3 human trials).

I prayed about it and I believe that the Lord does not want me to get one of those vaccines; however, this is a choice that you must make in fellowship with the Lord, having peace about his will for you, not based on what strangers say, in an Internet forum.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

15 minutes ago, David1701 said:

There are many such questions; and they are legitimate, not fuelled by fear or politics.

They are indeed legitimate questions. But many people (perhaps not you) allow legitimate questions to simply stop them. "Since there are questions, it's bad/wrong" without actually going to lengths to try to answer those questions, or to simply allow a media figure to spoonfeed them their answers, and trusting them without thinking because they are conservative instead of liberal, etc. We all need to examine ourselves and discern what the reason for our skepticism is; is it because we have found really good, sound reason to be skeptical, or because we are caught up in the polarized political civil war going on in this country?

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.51
  • Days Won:  12

5 minutes ago, BK1110 said:

They are indeed legitimate questions. But many people (perhaps not you) allow legitimate questions to simply stop them. "Since there are questions, it's bad/wrong" without actually going to lengths to try to answer those questions, or to simply allow a media figure to spoonfeed them their answers, and trusting them without thinking because they are conservative instead of liberal, etc. We all need to examine ourselves and discern what the reason for our skepticism is; is it because we have found really good, sound reason to be skeptical, or because we are caught up in the polarized political civil war going on in this country?

Who are these people, who are, allegedly, allowing media figures to spoon-feed them?  Most of the media is spouting the official line, indeed censoring anyone who dares to put his head above the parapet and give a different view!

I am not caught up in the Democrat vs Republican war, since I'm British and we don't have those parties.

3 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Who are these people, who are, allegedly, allowing media figures to spoon-feed them?  Most of the media is spouting the official line, indeed censoring anyone who dares to put his head above the parapet and give a different view!

I am not caught up in the Democrat vs Republican war, since I'm British and we don't have those parties.

I cannot speak for the UK, perhaps things are different there.

But there are plenty in the US, indeed in my own family, whose skepticism is born of fear and politics, rather than reason and research.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

I truly wasn't looking to start a debate.  Thank you for your replies.  I will continue to pray about this.