IGNORED

How do we Accept Gods Kingdom as a Little Child Accepts Things?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, BK1110 said:

Ask yourself; are you doubting God, or do you trust Him but just recognize that you don't fully understand and want to?

Trust is a strange word. It implies so many things. Let's just say I am learning to trust...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/6/2021 at 7:05 PM, Hopefully said:

“The truth is, you must accept God’s kingdom like a little child accepts things, or you will never enter it.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:17‬ ‭ERV‬‬

“Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Do not worry about it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

42 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Do not worry about it. 

Why do you say that?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  537
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

44 minutes ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Trust is a strange word. It implies so many things. Let's just say I am learning to trust...

@LearningToLetGo

I think we are all at different levels of learning to trust. I know I am right now.

I'm going through a real strong trial, and so thankful I'm learning so many new things about my faith.

God wants us, so much, to be more like Him, but it can be a painful process, while James 1, say's to

find joy in our trials. I am getting closer and better at it. It's a process.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

Psalms 147:3 says, He heals the brokenhearted, and bind up their wounds." 

Matthew 18:3, "And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

I want to share how I understand this.  There are several things that we can look at.

1) There is a place within each of us that touches the heart of God, and that's our hurts and pains that we cover up.  As adults we learn to be in control, but our "inner self" is still there and is still innocent like a child, and possibly still dealing with past hurts.  That's the place of our little child.  That's the place that God looks at as we humble ourselves and admit we have these soft places.  We can turn our hearts to God when we really admit that there is an inner child who needs God to love him/her and to be taken care of.   That's the humility God looks for in little children.  We can try and let go of our adult self, and understand that we have that inner child who loves God naturally, but that we cover him/her up by being in control. 

2) Another place within each of us is what is manifests within ourselves by the Holy Spirit through speaking in tongues, as someone else mentioned.  The Holy Spirit brings out love, meekness, joy for Christ, and cause us to be like a little child as we pray and praise God and Jesus.  As we regularly speak in tongue, and pray in tongue, in the Spirit, our hearts become soft and loving. 

3) God pouring out his Spirit.  When we manage to become humble enough, God "pours out" his spirit "down from heaven" into us.  I'm a witness to this, and it's beautiful.   When God blesses us with the "pouring out" of his Spirit into us, we automatically become child like, full of love, obedient, joyful, meek.  He changes us into the person He wants us to be.  But we must learn to remain humble, or else we grieve the Spirit.   

So to be child like is the work of the Spirit "in us" to conform us to be like Christ.  Christ had a child-like spirit; He said, "... learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart,"  Matthew 11:29.  

Edited by biblelesson
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

4 hours ago, biblelesson said:

When we manage to become humble enough, God "pours out" his spirit "down from heaven" into us.  I'm a witness to this, and it's beautiful. 

Well said for it is those with pride that refuse to humble themselves and simply believe the gospel once delivered to the saints. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Unfortunately for many of us it means just what it says, that you have to receive God's kingdom and salvation as a child would, which is often very hard to do. Even when there are people in your life that you might even at times be tempted to do some physical harm to and they may even deserve it?? But it basically all comes down to that in order to become one of God's own children we must be as innocent as doves but wise as a serpent(Matthew-10:16)...and it is not our duty or right to take vengeance on those who would harm or come against us, but to wait on the Lord and His justice, even though it sometimes seems like that is very far away and even at times non-existant. But that is what it is and to be one of His own it's something we just have to accept.

But from the way many of these "Conservative" talking head types are always acting, you would think it is just the opposite and that we not only have the right to criticize and insult our enemies verbally but even confront and threaten them physically. Well if you are a member of the armed forces then you have that authorization, but otherwise we are bound by the word's of God/Christ and must not resist evil but turn the other cheek, if you want to be innocent as a child and harmless as a dove. But i have to admit myself that i at times fall way short of this and am still working on trying to be pleasing to God and being the person he wants me to become.

Edited by CaptWalker
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

1390570180_Calvin4.PNG.44d60e19afebfb94a92ff65522338123.PNG

• Haha 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

3 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

But i have to admit myself that i at times fall way short of this and am still working on trying to be pleasing to God and being the person he wants me to become.

We all fall at times! But just know, that God, Jesus and His angels is watching you, and are pleased with our struggle to conform to His righteousness in the inner man.  The angels are clapping their hands as they witness our love for God and how we continue to look towards Christ as your strength.  The Holy Spirit is working in us and is strengthening us and moving us forward, though it is difficult!    

We are being witnessed:

Matthew 18:10, "Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven."  

Hebrews 1:14, Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

Our enemies are being witnessed also:

Psalms 2:4, says "He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision." 

The angels are fighting against our enemies, but we can't see them fighting.  They are for our good as ministering spirits.  So just know that our actions are witnessed by God and His Heavenly beings! That's why we count it all joy; and they are joyful that we continue to love God through our struggles and are clapping their hands for you, Luke 15:10, "Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth." 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 9/7/2021 at 9:05 AM, Hopefully said:

“The truth is, you must accept God’s kingdom like a little child accepts things, or you will never enter it.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:17‬ ‭ERV‬‬

“Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭18:17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Know that God is perfect..  It's easy to trust in someone that is perfect..

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1