• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/19/2021 at 10:32 PM, Hopefully said:

“Adam named his wife Eve. He gave her this name because Eve would be the mother of everyone who ever lived.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:20‬ ‭

“You are forcing me to leave the land, and I will not be able to be near you or have a home! Now I must wander from place to place, and anyone I meet could kill me.” Then the Lord said to Cain, “No, if anyone kills you, I will punish that person much, much more.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain to show that no one should kill him.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭4:14-15‬ ‭

Who were these other people that Cain has never met?

The Bible does not say when Cain killed Able.. It may have been 300 or 400 years after Adam and Eve where ejected from the garden..

The Bible also does not say that Adam and Eve only had two sons as some people asking questions about genisis seem to be thinking..

Adam and Eve lived a very long time and so had many children longevity was standard in those early generations and so a huge population boom resulted..

• Well Said! 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

On 9/19/2021 at 8:32 AM, Hopefully said:

“Adam named his wife Eve. He gave her this name because Eve would be the mother of everyone who ever lived.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3:20‬ ‭

“You are forcing me to leave the land, and I will not be able to be near you or have a home! Now I must wander from place to place, and anyone I meet could kill me.” Then the Lord said to Cain, “No, if anyone kills you, I will punish that person much, much more.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain to show that no one should kill him.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭4:14-15‬ ‭

Who were these other people that Cain has never met?

I know the books of the Apocrypha are frowned upon in most circles, but the apocrypha was a part of the KJV for 274 years until being removed in 1885 A.D. The Book of Jubilees does give many explanations to some of the most controversial topics. This is especially true when speaking to folks who are not Bible believers and purposely try to find scriptures that they believe to be contradictions to disprove the Bibles authenticity. Jubilees 4:9-10 does explain this...

9 And Cain took Awan his sister to be his wife and she bare him Enoch at the close of the fourth jubilee. [190-196 A.M.] And in the first year of the first week of the fifth jubilee, [197 A.M.] houses were built on the earth, and Cain built a city, and called its name after the name of his son Enoch.

10 And Adam knew Eve his wife and she bare yet nine sons. (The "Other People"?)

I won't debate on the authenticity of books of the apocrypha. But, Fragments of Dead Sea Scrolls dating back to before 70 A.D. contained parts of the apocrypha books in Hebrew, including Sirach and Tobitwere... Martin Luther said, "Apocrypha books are not regarded as equal to the holy Scriptures, and yet are profitable and good to read." It just seems rather odd they were just removed and deemed not valid. Was there an agenda behind this? The word "apocrypha means" does mean "hidden" after all!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

People lived to be almost 1,000 years old then.

Abel is presumed to have been childless and from that and the relatively short time of the narrative from creation to his murder we presume it was a brief interval. Remember, this is an account of retrospect. Divinely inspired. 100% accurate. But not an exhaustive account. Many details were left out. The bloodlines however are clear in scripture. So what we would call incest today was in fact where Cain got his wife from... and the murder of Abel may not have been immediate (Cain and Abel were not infants or tender aged but apparently adults, for example). Many siblings and the offspring of siblings were most likely born by then. The family system was in place (husband / wife / children). No doubt skirmishes arose... vengeance for wrongs. Cain may have projected his dilemma to the future he assumed would take place, or he may have just been a keen observer of lesser skirmishes and projected it to be all the worse for murder. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/20/2021 at 2:09 PM, Hopefully said:

when he says “anyone I meet could kill me” it sounds like he doesn’t know them already, but perhaps they do know each other and that’s why they would want to kill him. 

I take "anyone I meet" as "anyone I come across" which means, believing as I do that these were his brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews,  that he knew them..  He just hadn't seen them in a while as they spread out.

Also, why would they want  to kill him?  Because he kill THEIR brother, too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

30 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I take "anyone I meet" as "anyone I come across" which means, believing as I do that these were his brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews,  that he knew them..  He just hadn't seen them in a while as they spread out.

Also, why would they want  to kill him?  Because he kill THEIR brother, too.

You bring up a VERY good point. Most believe that the famous 10 Commandments were given on Mt. Sinai,  but it was given to Adam and Eve. How else would Cain and Abel know to sacrifice unto YeHoVah? How else would they all know it was against Abba-Yah's instructions to MURDER?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

On 11/11/2021 at 3:41 PM, Bawb said:

I know the books of the Apocrypha are frowned upon in most circles, but the apocrypha was a part of the KJV for 274 years until being removed in 1885 A.D. The Book of Jubilees does give many explanations to some of the most controversial topics. This is especially true when speaking to folks who are not Bible believers and purposely try to find scriptures that they believe to be contradictions to disprove the Bibles authenticity. Jubilees 4:9-10 does explain this...

9 And Cain took Awan his sister to be his wife and she bare him Enoch at the close of the fourth jubilee. [190-196 A.M.] And in the first year of the first week of the fifth jubilee, [197 A.M.] houses were built on the earth, and Cain built a city, and called its name after the name of his son Enoch.

10 And Adam knew Eve his wife and she bare yet nine sons. (The "Other People"?)

I won't debate on the authenticity of books of the apocrypha. But, Fragments of Dead Sea Scrolls dating back to before 70 A.D. contained parts of the apocrypha books in Hebrew, including Sirach and Tobitwere... Martin Luther said, "Apocrypha books are not regarded as equal to the holy Scriptures, and yet are profitable and good to read." It just seems rather odd they were just removed and deemed not valid. Was there an agenda behind this? The word "apocrypha means" does mean "hidden" after all!

Brother I take no harm in the Apocrypha, Martin Luther was no prophet he had no right removing those books

Enoch, jubilees, Tobit, Baruch, almost all of them stand up to the dueteronomy 13 and 18 test

there are a few that are questionable 

the book of Adam and eve

the wisdom of Solomon ( where he uses a ring to enslave demons and forced them to build the temple)

but I have read a collection of the apocrypha, and most do hold up to scripture Jude himself quotes directly from the book of Enoch.

Adam lived to be over 900 years old they had many children in that time I’m sure

and yes the law was taught by angels to Adam as Cain and able did offer sacrifice that means he was a high priest

slso Abraham built altars so he knew the law, it was passed down word of mouth, only after so many years in captivity did the descendants pick up bad habits from Egypt ( the golden calf) did God have to put the law in written form for them and when that didn’t work had to send the law down in the flesh (Yashua), to actually show them how to do it

Brother keep reading your apocrypha don’t let people discourage you from expanding your knowledge of scriptures, if it stands the Deuteronomy test because if it was left in the Bible there would be a lot less confused people , these books fill in a lot of blanks

SHALOM❤️

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

On 11/16/2021 at 7:55 AM, MrBear said:

Brother keep reading your apocrypha don’t let people discourage you from expanding your knowledge of scriptures

I once said here that people who are against people reading apocrypha either:

Read it themselves and don’t want to give others the same right, or took the word of others without reading for themselves. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

There appears to be a lot of ignorance, regarding the Apocrypha, on this site.  We all need to know a few facts.

1) The apocryphal books were never accepted as canonical by the Jews.

2) They contain many false teachings and myths.

3) No church that takes the Bible as its sole authority, in matters of morals and doctrine, accepts the Apocrypha as inspired.

4) The KJV had the Apocrypha included, because the translators were told they had to include it, in spite of them writing seven reasons for rejecting the apocryphal books as holy scripture.  The translators separated the apocryphal books from the old and new testaments and put "Apocrypha" on every page, so that everyone could distinguish between the inspired books of the Bible and the apocryphal books that the translators had been ordered to include.

5) Apocrypha means "hidden" (i.e. best not seeing the light of day).

6) The Roman Catholics get some of their false doctrines from the Apocrypha.

7) The "churches" (Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Ethiopian Orthodoxy and Eritrean Orthodoxy) that include the Apocrypha in their Bibles, as if they were holy scripture, persecute Bible believing Christians and have many false teachings.

8) The Apocrypha was not "removed" from Bibles, because it was never part of the inspired canon.  Except for cults like Roman Catholicism, it is not included in Bibles, as if it were inspired, always being placed by itself, separated from the old and new testaments.

9) I have read some of the Apocrypha, and I am certain, beyond doubt, that what I have read of it is not inspired.

If anyone wants to read the Apocrypha, then that's your choice.  No-one will stop you; but, be careful what you read, because it will affect you, and you might not be aware of the effect.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/21/2021 at 3:01 AM, Desopixi Seilynam said:

In the book of Jasher the other people turn out to be distant relatives, Cain's grandchildren.

I have read there are biblical scholars who believe the original Book of Jasher, quoted in our Holy Bible, has been lost and that the Jasher books out there now are forgeries and false.  I was wondering about your take on this?

https://www.gotquestions.org/book-of-Jasher.html

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

23 hours ago, David1701 said:

9) I have read some of the Apocrypha, and I am certain, beyond doubt, that what I have read of it is not inspired.

Thank you for this David!  I have always been interested in the ancient writings and have been reading some of them that I have never read in the past.  I agree with you that so far I have found nothing revealed by the Holy Spirit as inspirational.  They seem to be more history and stories.  Some of the supposed historical events and people written about in these books have been proven false.

One of the biggest mistakes made is Roman Catholic Pope Gregory the Great declaring in the year 591 that Mary Magdalene was the woman sinner and prostitute and the woman who applied ointment from the alabaster jar to the feet of Jesus at the house of Lazarus.  In 1969 the Catholic Church admitted the mistake but Mary's image has been damaged from the 1400+ years of repeated misinformation.  Mary is innocent of the charges by that infallible man.  

• Thumbs Up 1