How do you stay strong during a storm?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  20

I knows you think you are alone but I also believe you are smart enough to know this is not true.  Here you are on this forum with people praying for you.  Sometimes being with others is not just in physical form. I am sure you pray for others here on Worthy and here we are praying for you and asking the Lord to bring you peace, hope and joy.

Many of us are alone at this season of life, without much interaction with other human beings.  It is a season none of us have ever experienced before in life.  Everything is different on earth these days.  For myself, every single day I have to seek the Lord and ask for a measure of joy.  Joy does not mean happiness.  It means thankfulness.  I have a roof.  I have food.  I have clothes.  I have heat.  I have electricity.  All of my physical needs are being met.  My emotional and mental needs are up to me to keep a handle on with assistance from the Holy Spirit. 

I recently heard a saying that "time is short but eternity is not".  Eternity is only an option for a person who loves Jesus and accepts him as savior.  When we accept Jesus, the power of the Holy Spirit comes to help and comfort us.  How are you and the Holy Spirit doing these days?  Are you allowing Him to be in you and a part of you?  Do you feel the power of the Holy Spirit in your life, in you?  

Acts of the Apostles 1:8 (NLT)
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

2 Timothy 1:14 (NLT)
Through the power of the Holy Spirit who lives within us, carefully guard the precious truth that has been entrusted to you.

For months now the Lord has been speaking to me about being still and holding tight to the promises he has made to those who follow him.  When King David was stuck living in caves he made it out with the help of God.  Sometimes we have to be patient and wait for the Lord to lead us to the places and people he chooses.  Sometimes it's hard to remember we are here on earth for others and not for ourselves.  Sometimes we are human and get down.  Jesus knows and he is always by our side to give us comfort and wisdom to endure the storms.  I hope any of these words help you to know that you are not truly alone.  I'll pray for you and I hope you will pray for me! :amen:

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, debrakay said:

I knows you think you are alone but I also believe you are smart enough to know this is not true.  Here you are on this forum with people praying for you.  Sometimes being with others is not just in physical form. I am sure you pray for others here on Worthy and here we are praying for you and asking the Lord to bring you peace, hope and joy.

Many of us are alone at this season of life, without much interaction with other human beings.  It is a season none of us have ever experienced before in life.  Everything is different on earth these days.  For myself, every single day I have to seek the Lord and ask for a measure of joy.  Joy does not mean happiness.  It means thankfulness.  I have a roof.  I have food.  I have clothes.  I have heat.  I have electricity.  All of my physical needs are being met.  My emotional and mental needs are up to me to keep a handle on with assistance from the Holy Spirit. 

I recently heard a saying that "time is short but eternity is not".  Eternity is only an option for a person who loves Jesus and accepts him as savior.  When we accept Jesus, the power of the Holy Spirit comes to help and comfort us.  How are you and the Holy Spirit doing these days?  Are you allowing Him to be in you and a part of you?  Do you feel the power of the Holy Spirit in your life, in you?  

Acts of the Apostles 1:8 (NLT)
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

2 Timothy 1:14 (NLT)
Through the power of the Holy Spirit who lives within us, carefully guard the precious truth that has been entrusted to you.

For months now the Lord has been speaking to me about being still and holding tight to the promises he has made to those who follow him.  When King David was stuck living in caves he made it out with the help of God.  Sometimes we have to be patient and wait for the Lord to lead us to the places and people he chooses.  Sometimes it's hard to remember we are here on earth for others and not for ourselves.  Sometimes we are human and get down.  Jesus knows and he is always by our side to give us comfort and wisdom to endure the storms.  I hope any of these words help you to know that you are not truly alone.  I'll pray for you and I hope you will pray for me! :amen:

Right. Youre so right.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

trust.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Psalm 40:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 
2  He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 
3  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. 

• Thumbs Up 1

do.jpg

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  98

On 10/10/2021 at 5:21 AM, Figure of eighty said:

Bc people have a support system. Im not just talking about everyday life but for trials and temptations-- i was listening to this pastor on youtube abt trials and temptations and how to thrive under them and he said having support from Godly counsel is important. Having mature seasoned christians to lean on to help you in time of need is what helps you get through. 

I dint have that. Im just surrounded by toxic people that talk about me and my kids that ( i love but) drain me.

You are surrounded by the Lord who has placed two children in your care, dear sister. 

Just as well, you aren't the only one who faces grim circumstances in this world. Were it not for the Lord I would indeed be alone for I was disowned by my flesh and blood relations a very long time ago (my mother cursed and despised me until her last day on earth). I have walked in dark places where few care to go, both before I walked with Christ and now that I follow Him wherever He goes. He has sent me to the very heart of suffering here in this city where I find myself now. 

Last night, a man armed with a sword wandered the street in front of this shelter ranting and raving; a few buildings down the street, desperate drug addicts have broken into a vacant apartment and are squatting there until the property owner decides to take action against them. I know one of these addicts well though in their destroyed mind, they don't recall our encounters over the past two years.  

Lethal drug cocktails mixed with fentanyl are sold by dealers who infest this neighborhood like a disease. I'm familiar with their deadly wares for I have tested the contents of discarded syringes I find and remove from the street. What I find mixed together is horrific. I have watched these drugs destroy the poor and needy and while it might seem to some like I'm alone in this place, I'm not. 

I'm surrounded by the Lord night and day no matter where I go on this earth, @Figure of eighty. Even here in this place of suffering and despair... and so are you. Do you understand this?

Edited by Marathoner
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  10,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  98

4 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Just as well, you aren't the only one who faces grim circumstances in this world.

For your benefit, @Figure of eighty, I wish to elaborate upon this statement so you'll grasp the truth of where I'm coming from. When I faced a certain grave by virtue of untreated Lyme disease, I mistakenly believed that I was alone in this world. Everyone I had known abandoned me; my mother hated me and I was dead to those whom I had called friends. 

My mother passed away during the early stages of this disease which ravaged my body and mind and I experienced what is known by some as a "psychotic break." It didn't matter that she despised me and hated me for 40 years, sister. I found myself incapable of coming to terms with her passing and so I was seized by a terrible delusion: 

She was surely alive because I did not witness her passing! I was being lied to and deceived by the only person on this earth I trusted ---- my adopted mother who cared for me to the best of her ability --- and I was inconsolable. I searched in vain for her phone number (not remembering that I had deleted it from my contact list after she passed away) and my adopted mother was beside herself with grief on account of this delusion. Finally, she seized my shoulders and looked me in the eye: "You got rid of her phone number because she passed away. You don't remember that, do you?"

I suddenly remembered when she passed away and so the delusion was shattered. Truly I was all alone in this world now that the woman who gave birth to me was gone... but I was wrong. The One who matters the most --- Jesus Christ who called me from this world --- never left nor had He forsaken me at any time. My blindness in suffering led to me to forgetfulness. This is the lot of man and woman alike now and then. 

What's more, the Lord in His kindness had given me a mother in the person of the stranger whom I had protected with my life until Lyme disease started taking its toll, and I was also blind to this truth on account of my suffering. I was blind!

Therefore when the Lord lifted me up, healing my body and mind, He revealed that I am not the only one: I'm not the only one who has suffered, not the only one who was abandoned by his family and friends, and not the only one whom He delivered with a mighty hand. I am but one of many brothers and sisters who suffered before me and suffer even now.  I was never alone because the Lord was with me throughout the trial and tribulation of all those years. He had given me a mother whom I could honor and cherish, and He had given her a son to replace the one who was taken from her six days before I was born to a mother who despised me. 

When I learned and grasped the truth of all that the Lord revealed to me, I wept with blessed relief. So you are not the only one. You are not alone because the Lord is with you even now, and He has given you wonderful children to look after and nurture. Even in the midst of the trial He loves you. What is that fruit of the trial?

Endurance. It is not a matter of you being strong! When we are weak, He is strong. The apostle Paul rejoiced in weakness, for in weakness the power of Jesus Christ was upon him. :)  

Edited by Marathoner
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Figure of Eighty

You're question is one that so many people ask,people that are not in an Intimate Relationship with God in Christ........Im certainly not saying you are not a Believer,Im not trying to offend you in any,way,I'm simply speaking the Truth.So,if you do have an Intimate & Personal Relationship with God in Christ then why have you forgotten Who is your Rock,your Refuge,your Shelter from the storm? These sentiments of feeling alone & unsupported that you've shared are exactly that "feelings" ,feelings will always take you down the wrong path dear one......

.Jesus is the Way,the Truth & the Life......In Him we have a Personal Relationship with our Heavenly Father,we have Jesus Abiding in us,Holy Spirit to Comfort us.....in RELATIONSHIP,not in listening to sermons,podcasts & hearing others experiences or talking ABOUT the Word of God----Jesus is the Word of God,our Redeemer Lives and has died & Risen that your Life in Him be Resurrected NOW & for all Eternity!

I completely agree with everyone here & their good advice,I only want to add that besides all of it(all the side dishes) don't forget to feast on the Main Course....JESUS,your PERSONAL Lord & Savior.....He is as Alive & Real as I am writing these words to you.....seek Him with all of your heart & HE Will Reveal Himself to you

Im asked your question all the time & my answer is "His Grace is Sufficient" .....I'm diagnosed with lung cancer,my hubby has been stuck in Australia since the Pandemic-Im physically alone & some days I can barely manage to get a drink from the kitchen BUT guess what? Glory to God,I'm not alone..."I can do all things in Christ Who Strengthens me"....He ALWAYS Provides,He Sends the right people at the right time or gives me a burst on energy to do what I need to do and NEVER fails me...... God is GOOD,ALL the time,do'nt ever believe Almighty God is limited because of circumstances or temporary situations.....Its just life,ups n downs along the way-keep your eyes on Jesus                                                          With love -in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Well, bless my soul, another prayer answered.    It is such a pleasure to read you again @kwikphilly

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

My prayers answered as well dear Brother,Friend.......................GREAT to know you are here & still sharing those pearls of Wisdom-PRAISE JESUS!                                                       With love ,your Sis-Kwik

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1