• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,190
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  98

7 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Figure of Eighty

You're question is one that so many people ask,people that are not in an Intimate Relationship with God in Christ........Im certainly not saying you are not a Believer,Im not trying to offend you in any,way,I'm simply speaking the Truth.So,if you do have an Intimate & Personal Relationship with God in Christ then why have you forgotten Who is your Rock,your Refuge,your Shelter from the storm? These sentiments of feeling alone & unsupported that you've shared are exactly that "feelings" ,feelings will always take you down the wrong path dear one......

.Jesus is the Way,the Truth & the Life......In Him we have a Personal Relationship with our Heavenly Father,we have Jesus Abiding in us,Holy Spirit to Comfort us.....in RELATIONSHIP,not in listening to sermons,podcasts & hearing others experiences or talking ABOUT the Word of God----Jesus is the Word of God,our Redeemer Lives and has died & Risen that your Life in Him be Resurrected NOW & for all Eternity!

I completely agree with everyone here & their good advice,I only want to add that besides all of it(all the side dishes) don't forget to feast on the Main Course....JESUS,your PERSONAL Lord & Savior.....He is as Alive & Real as I am writing these words to you.....seek Him with all of your heart & HE Will Reveal Himself to you

Im asked your question all the time & my answer is "His Grace is Sufficient" .....I'm diagnosed with lung cancer,my hubby has been stuck in Australia since the Pandemic-Im physically alone & some days I can barely manage to get a drink from the kitchen BUT guess what? Glory to God,I'm not alone..."I can do all things in Christ Who Strengthens me"....He ALWAYS Provides,He Sends the right people at the right time or gives me a burst on energy to do what I need to do and NEVER fails me...... God is GOOD,ALL the time,do'nt ever believe Almighty God is limited because of circumstances or temporary situations.....Its just life,ups n downs along the way-keep your eyes on Jesus                                                          With love -in Christ,Kwik

Your testimony is a blessing, dear sister. These are trustworthy words and I pray that our sister @Figure of eighty reads them. 

I struggle to articulate this, knowing that it is indeed found expressed in the scripture in a different way, so I will strive to commit the truth in my own words:

Blessed are you who endure trial and tribulation. (Acts 14:22)
Blessed are you who arrive at the end of yourself and who endure the long night (Genesis 32: Jacob wrestles with God and becomes Israel),
For you are in the hand of Jesus Christ, the lover of our souls and the salvation of Almighty God. (John 10:28, Acts 4:12, Romans 8:31-39, Galatians 2:20, and much more)

Never forget that the Son of Man humbled Himself to be counted among transgressors: He was silent before His accusers like a lamb led to the slaughter. The Lamb of God who gave of Himself for your sake, that He might be the first among many brothers and sisters. As He suffered so do we... and so do you, for you are called to the blessing and the promise is yours, my friend. Are you accused falsely? Do you endure hardship? Do you strive against this flesh and blood?

Then rejoice! Rejoice and be exceedingly glad for the Son of God has overcome this world, and He has promised the same for all whose lives are hidden in Him. Remember that we have an Advocate and also a friend in Christ, and He shall not lose any whom our Father gave to Him. He is with us always. That means you! :)  

Edited by Marathoner
added a few scriptural references
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Marathoner

Your user name speaks volumes as does your Testimony as well,keeping your eye on the Prize no doubt!!!! Thank you for the kind words but we are ,after all,His Living Testimonies and all I can really say is " All the Glory belongs to God in ALL things"!

17 hours ago, Marathoner said:

Then rejoice! Rejoice and be exceedingly glad for the Son of God has overcome this world, and He has promised the same for all whose lives are hidden in Him. Remember that we have an Advocate and also a friend in Christ, and He shall not lose any whom our Father gave to Him. He is with us always. That means you!

PRAISE JESUS-:amen:

Whenever anyone mentions "storms" as the trials they face I am always reminded of Peter jumping out of the boat when he saw Jesus walking on the water.....His eyes were fixed on Jesus in spite of the depths of the sea,the torrential storm of mighty winds & waves     Eyes fixed on Jesus & he too was walking on the water!!!!!Suddenly he realizes where he is,atop the raging sea in a horrific storm & begins to sink. Every storm I've ever had to face I know I can rise above it with my eyes fixed on my Lord & Savior!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  20

James 1:12 (NIV)

Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Jesus told us there would be persecution, trials, temptations, and storms. When He left earth, He sent God the Holy Spirit to abide in us.  To live in those who profess Christ as Lord.  We persevere by the power given to us by the Spirit of God. Even when we are a puddle on the floor, with our tears, we persevere. We never give up because giving up is not an option for us.  We run the race set before us no matter how uncomfortable or how hard.  We are never alone. He is always at our side.  He is the vine and we are His branches.  We abide in Him and He abides in us!  It is the mystery and the beauty of our God!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,438
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

On 10/9/2021 at 1:33 PM, Figure of eighty said:

I feel ive been in my situation too long and when i try my hardest to change it things keep happening to block my progression whether its a sick child, car accidents( twice) to mess up my car. Job loss ect.. 

Staying in a toxic environment.

Its hard. I dont want my storm to overwhelm me but it seems too hard. I have no support. No one pouring into me. I cant physically go to church. Im alone only God is with me no one cares to check up or in on me or my mental health.

I know faith pleases God but im getting super discouraged and i just dont like a carrot being dangled infront of me and pulled up everytime i have hope and then told i have to have faith... 

Just seems cruel 

But ..  I know were called to suffer and endure.. Life isnt all good but shouldnt be all bad either. Idk ...

I juat dont want to lose hope or faith but im afraid to be positive about my situation changing. 

God bless you brother/sister. All I can say is hang in there. God is good. Will pray for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

On 10/8/2021 at 10:33 PM, Figure of eighty said:

I feel ive been in my situation too long and when i try my hardest to change it things keep happening to block my progression whether its a sick child, car accidents( twice) to mess up my car. Job loss ect.. 

Its hard. I dont want my storm to overwhelm me but it seems too hard. I have no support. No one pouring into me. I cant physically go to church. Im alone only God is with me no one cares to check up or in on me or my mental health.

I know faith pleases God but im getting super discouraged and i just dont like a carrot being dangled infront of me and pulled up everytime i have hope and then told i have to have faith... 

Just seems cruel 

But ..  I know were called to suffer and endure.. Life isnt all good but shouldnt be all bad either. Idk ...

I juat dont want to lose hope or faith but im afraid to be positive about my situation changing. 

I remember who is asleep in the prow of my boat.  We don't always have to be strong, if we let HIM be strong

2 Corinthians 12:9

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Feeling really down and heavy emotionally. Please pray I don't cave in. 

I dont leave the house much bc we only have 1 car my brother's. Its always used snd no one will help me take the kids up and put them into the car. 

I feel trapped and feel like sobbing. 

With winter rolling around ill be more confined to toxicity. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 10/14/2021 at 4:43 AM, SIC said:

God bless you brother/sister. All I can say is hang in there. God is good. Will pray for you.

Im trying. Its hard i want to give up. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

How do you stay strong during a storm?

Looking firmly at Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith (Heb 12:2).

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 10/8/2021 at 11:33 PM, Figure of eighty said:

Just seems cruel 

Suffer and endure... the 12 (with Paul) everything they did was Christ so they did suffer and endure. So many things in our lifes we did it not God. Anyway glancing through threads I find the enemy "Satan, Fallen angels, demons" don't get addressed much..and he is working 24/7. He comes to kill steal and destroy God.. came to give us life and give it more abundantly. Yes when we get closer to God the enemy comes right in to steal it all.

So FIND GODS promises that are yours...you hold on to them..DON'T let them go. I always use fear.. fear pops up what do you do? Ask God to take it away? The promise.. NO! I don't have to receive this take it.. God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. Worthy.. to see our sin every day knowing MAN never sticks around so GOD duh must have got tired of us and said later. NO! I am the righteousness of GOD in through Christ Jesus. I am in right standing with GOD! HOLD ON to His promises no matter what you see hear or feel for He can not lie. You are no matter what you feel like no matter what you see or hear you ARE in right standing with GOD. You are righteous..its not what you did or will ever do its what CHRIST did. 

Our Father as the word says He is faithful to what Christ did. He sees us as a finished work...He has always called those things that be not as though they were.  So see your self as your Father GOD does and this is why how you can boldly come before Him and be seated in heavenly places. FIATH! With our Christ you can do nothing oh but THINK GOD IS IN YOU! He is with you.. not billions of billions of miles away.. YES yet also WITH YOU IN YOU! He is in the Father the Father in Him.. and He is in you! We are ONE! HAHAHAHA man so blessed myself! wow...

See think on His word.. Joy.. not your joy the joy of the lord is your strength. Strength your not strong.. you are strong in the lord in the power of HIS MIGHT! You have no armor.. you put on the whole armor of GOD. You have no peace..  "Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation with prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. And the peace that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”

Christ left you His peace not as the world gives. Do you see? Its ALL HIM! Our cares.. we cast ALL of them on Him for He cares for us. Nothing is impossible with Him. All things are possible to them that are in Christ Jesus. "Christ I step out of the way.. go for it man.. you lead I will follow and trust everything you have said". 

Jesus/Yeshua is very real. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

How do you stay strong during a storm?

Hearing Jesus' voice and abiding by this.