How do you stay strong during a storm?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I feel ive been in my situation too long and when i try my hardest to change it things keep happening to block my progression whether its a sick child, car accidents( twice) to mess up my car. Job loss ect.. 

Staying in a toxic environment.

Its hard. I dont want my storm to overwhelm me but it seems too hard. I have no support. No one pouring into me. I cant physically go to church. Im alone only God is with me no one cares to check up or in on me or my mental health.

I know faith pleases God but im getting super discouraged and i just dont like a carrot being dangled infront of me and pulled up everytime i have hope and then told i have to have faith... 

Just seems cruel 

But ..  I know were called to suffer and endure.. Life isnt all good but shouldnt be all bad either. Idk ...

I juat dont want to lose hope or faith but im afraid to be positive about my situation changing. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Days Won:  1

Psalm 91:1  He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. 
2  I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” 

Psalm 16:1  A Miktam of David.  Preserve me, O God, for in you I take refuge. 
2  I say to the LORD, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.”

Nahum 1:7  The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.

Psalm 40:17  As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Praying for you each day.

It may be time to take more drastic measures to get a support network. Have you tried calling a local church and explaining your situation and just outright asking if someone can transport you to church?

1 hour ago, BK1110 said:

Praying for you each day.

It may be time to take more drastic measures to get a support network. Have you tried calling a local church and explaining your situation and just outright asking if someone can transport you to church?

I just feel like people dont care enough. That and i dont have money for gas.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Just now, Figure of eighty said:

I just feel like people dont care enough. That and i dont have money for gas.

If no one at a church cares enough to attempt to pick you up and drive you to their church once a week, then that probably isn't a church you should be going to anyway.

I would suggest looking up local churches and their websites. Find ones that show their profession of faith somewhere on the website and then call those and see if any member of the staff can do it, or if they can find a church member willing to do it. Just explain your situation and that you can't drive yourself or afford a taxi etc. You may be surprised at what you find.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

14 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I feel ive been in my situation too long and when i try my hardest to change it things keep happening to block my progression whether its a sick child, car accidents( twice) to mess up my car. Job loss ect.. 

Its hard. I dont want my storm to overwhelm me but it seems too hard. I have no support. No one pouring into me. I cant physically go to church. Im alone only God is with me no one cares to check up or in on me or my mental health.

I know faith pleases God but im getting super discouraged and i just dont like a carrot being dangled infront of me and pulled up everytime i have hope and then told i have to have faith... 

Just seems cruel 

But ..  I know were called to suffer and endure.. Life isnt all good but shouldnt be all bad either. Idk ...

I juat dont want to lose hope or faith but im afraid to be positive about my situation changing. 

Sometimes it isn't easy.

I keep stumbling with my ex//bf ...

I feel hopeless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,306
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

22 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Im alone only God is with me no one cares to check up or in on me or my mental health.

You are not alone. In post after post you mention God and your children, so how exactly are you alone?

7 hours ago, Marathoner said:

You are not alone. In post after post you mention God and your children, so how exactly are you alone?

Bc people have a support system. Im not just talking about everyday life but for trials and temptations-- i was listening to this pastor on youtube abt trials and temptations and how to thrive under them and he said having support from Godly counsel is important. Having mature seasoned christians to lean on to help you in time of need is what helps you get through. 

I dint have that. Im just surrounded by toxic people that talk about me and my kids that ( i love but) drain me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/8/2021 at 10:33 PM, Figure of eighty said:

Just seems cruel 

How do you stay strong during a storm?

With God.

• Thumbs Up 1