Why is it that I am not protected from my brother

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I quote scriptures and pray and he still abuses me. I have been begging for help to get away from him. He torments me as soon as I wake up. I need help. 

• Praying! 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, unspokenrequest said:

I quote scriptures and pray and he still abuses me. I have been begging for help to get away from him. He torments me as soon as I wake up. I need help. 

Get away from him. Don't let him abuse you. It is your choice. 

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

I’m so sorry you are going through this. I don’t know the nature of the abuse from what you have posted, or how old you are. Do your parents know what is going on? Is there someone you can talk to who you can trust and might be able to help you formulate a plan to get out of this situation? 

I was once in a situation where I was forced away from home though I didn’t really have anywhere safe to go and was basically suddenly and unexpectedly homeless because an abusive sibling made it unsafe for me there. It’s a scary feeling.

I don’t understand the above statement “it is your choice”. It sounds like gaslighting to tell someone who is being abused, and might have few options, that it is their choice to continue in the situation. Almost like something an abuser or someone who defends an abuser would say.

I said a prayer for you. Please find someone trustworthy to speak with honestly about what is going on. If your parents don’t listen or care then perhaps another relative, a teacher, a pastor…

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61

I think I am too old to answer this but I am going to tell you how we did it in the old days.  We picked up the phone and called the police.  They showed up at the door and the conversation was not only begun,  but the RECORD of what was taking place was begun. ACCOUNTABILITY where just moments before there was none.   Everyone was put on notice.  Everyone became accountable.  Sometimes everyone got mad.  Sometimes everyone threatened.  Back then the scariest moment was the first call because of all the things we imagined would happen once they said 'is this an emergency' and we replied, yes, it is to me.  I need help. 

I can't say how it works today, I don't know.  But I do know that calling them, the police, has never once turned out bad for me.  Didn't work out that well for others sometimes but once someone knows you are willing to go on record, they find a respect for you they didn't previously possess. 

I don't know if this is for you, I pray it may be.  Gods words give us wisdom and knowledge to discern between good and evil.  USE THEM.  May you find the strength through the Lord Jesus Christ.   D

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

46 minutes ago, HopeInHim said:

I’m so sorry you are going through this. I don’t know the nature of the abuse from what you have posted, or how old you are. Do your parents know what is going on? Is there someone you can talk to who you can trust and might be able to help you formulate a plan to get out of this situation? 

I was once in a situation where I was forced away from home though I didn’t really have anywhere safe to go and was basically suddenly and unexpectedly homeless because an abusive sibling made it unsafe for me there. It’s a scary feeling.

I don’t understand the above statement “it is your choice”. It sounds like gaslighting to tell someone who is being abused, and might have few options, that it is their choice to continue in the situation. Almost like something an abuser or someone who defends an abuser would say.

I said a prayer for you. Please find someone trustworthy to speak with honestly about what is going on. If your parents don’t listen or care then perhaps another relative, a teacher, a pastor…

I wish I could stay with someone, but I don’t know anyone. I need to get out of the environment it is not safe and the people I live around are not safe.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,895
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

1 hour ago, unspokenrequest said:

I wish I could stay with someone, but I don’t know anyone. I need to get out of the environment it is not safe and the people I live around are not safe.

If you cannot help yourself out of this situation, you need others to help you. You need to find a good church, or a woman's shelter, or something that can help you.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, unspokenrequest said:

Call the police.  They will help you find a shelter.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

10 hours ago, HopeInHim said:

Blessings HopeinHim

It is very hard to give you the right advice not knowing your age & not knowing the type of abuse or what you mean by "unsafe".From your response I think its safe to assume you do not live with your parents so if you call the police and when they arrive its possible they may believe you are safe and that could sometimes result in a very very bad & unsafe position for you.....so its difficult to say except for one thing,as was mentioned,a shelter or church but definitely you need advocacy.....call the U.S. Dept of Health & Human Resources to ask them how to get a Social worker assigned to you and ask them for referrals of  any other kind of advocacy  organizatons &/or programs.....you can call the police to ask for the closest shelter & help to get in if you are in immediate danger

Social Services from  Dept of Health & Human Resources do not take life threatening environments lightly and its better to call them if you are going to involve the local police (they can advise you properly because you can provide them with all the info & details)

Just do not "wish" sweetheart,if you are in an unsafe place with unsafe people you need to GET HELP  and get out,there are people that will take you out of the situation...CALL

With love-in Christ<Kwik

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 10/22/2021 at 12:13 PM, unspokenrequest said:

Pray to Jesus so that His grace in your life can be superior to the sin in his life.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 10/22/2021 at 11:13 AM, unspokenrequest said:

You have to use the power and authority you have in Christ. There are angels to protect you.