IGNORED

Thou shalt conceive and bear a son...or not?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

14 minutes ago, David1701 said:

Godhead comes from middle English "godhede" (godhood) and is not to do with the modern word "head" at all.  It refers to the essence or nature of God.

Col. 2:9 (KJV) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

In Christ dwells all the fulness of God's nature bodily.  This shows, beyond doubt, that the Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man.  Unlike Christians, who only have God dwelling in us, the Lord Jesus Christ actually IS God and man, having both natures.

Paul did not say that to reason they way you have reason to prove that Jesus is God and Man and the likes. 

• Oy Vey! 1

I am not sure why the "oy vey". It's not clear why it is use without a follow up post to state the reasons for what is disagreeable and which can be discuss. 

Just the "oy vey" alone without any follow up post it can been seen in many different ways, but when it is from someone who is known to be skillful is the English language and have the ability to to argue the point of disagreement and can put forwards the reasons to cause a discussion, the "oy vey" can be taken as an attempt to question the integrity of the post and even that of the poster, if it comes from someone who can influence others by opinion alone without giving reasons for the disagreement.  

• Oy Vey! 1

I am reviewing, taking another look, thanks and being a responsible poster I get back..

What is the "Godhead"? What it is referring to. 

What the "Godhead" represents. 

Thanks your points well taken. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

If it didn't start with Adam and instead started with Eve,  Adam would be 5782 years old now.  

On 10/25/2021 at 5:04 PM, Josheb said:

Don't have a clue what you're doing there. I already post the Greek transliteration, explained my post and answered the question asked.

I know what the verses says.
I know what it says in the Greek.
I know how the Greek is translated into English in the NAS.
I know how the Greek is translated into English in the KJV.
I know how the Greek is translated into English in the ESV.
I know how the Greek is translated into English in the NIV. 
I know how the Greek is translated into English in the NLT.
I know how the Greek is translated into English in the ISV.
I know how the Greek is translated into English in the ASV. 
I know how the Greek is translated into English in the RSV.
I know how the Greek is translated into English in the BLB. 
I know how the Greek is translated into English in the BSB.

I know how the Greek is translated into English in the in about another dozen translations. 

What I don't know is why already posted content is being redundantly reposted literally minutes after it was first posted. What am I missing? 

Have you considered  Epidiegesis?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,008
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

And when your days (David) are fulfilled and you sleep with your fathers,
I will set up your seed after you...
I will establish the throne of His kingdom for ever
I will be His Father and He shall be my Son.
If He commits iniquity, I will chasten Him with the rod of men..
but my mercy will not depart from Him..
2 Samuel 7:12-14

Who has ascended up to heaven or descended? ...
What is His name, and what is His Sons name? if you know it.
Proverbs 30:4

Believe in the Lord your God, so shall you be established.
Believe His prophets, so shall you prosper.
1 Chronicles 20:20

If you will not believe, surely you will not be established. ..
Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign.
Behold a young woman shall conceive and bear a child
and shall call His name God with us
Isaiah 7:9,14

The angel said unto Mary;
The Holy Spirit will indwell you,
and the power of the Most High will overshadow you,
that is why that Holy One that will be born of you
shall be called the Son of God.
Luke 1:35

I believe that part of the whole point is that God in Christ fully experienced,
not being God, yes Mary gave birth to a man who could sin, and yet He did not sin,
God subjected Himself to the same choices we have, and made all the right choices.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  184
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

On 10/23/2021 at 12:12 AM, DeighAnn said:

IF Mary is not the Mother of Christ, then it is IMPOSSIBLE FOR Christ to be the SON OF MAN as He would have no HUMAN FLESH.  He could MAYbe called the Son of the Earth,  but NOT OF Man.  EVER SEEN - pre adamic sin 'flesh' , ever heard of it?  

It was through Adam sin was passed down

God told Adam not to eat of the tree, not Eve. God holds Adam responsible, because he was given the Law

I personally don't think it matters, whether it was Mary's egg or not. Jesus was fully human, a baby (Jesus) grew in her.

Adam was not conceived, yet he is fully human, fully man. Eve was not conceived yet fully human, fully women. Why couldn't Jesus be fully human and not related to Mary?

I personally prefer to think of it this way. I have a Catholic friend who calls Mary the mother of God. Because of the arrogance of the Catholic church, I like to think that Mary was not the biological mother of Jesus

The first Adam, not conceived, made by God gave us a sin nature

The second Adam, made by God, freed us from sin

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Jaydub said:

God told Adam not to eat of the tree, not Eve. God holds Adam responsible, because he was given the Law

I personally don't think it matters, whether it was Mary's egg or not. Jesus was fully human, a baby (Jesus) grew in her.

Adam was not conceived, yet he is fully human, fully man. Eve was not conceived yet fully human, fully women. Why couldn't Jesus be fully human and not related to Mary?

I personally prefer to think of it this way. I have a Catholic friend who calls Mary the mother of God. Because of the arrogance of the Catholic church, I like to think that Mary was not the biological mother of Jesus

There some interesting thoughts in your post, and I  think we should look not only what a specific scripture says but we consider the totality of what we have in the scriptures. 

The coming of the Christ was foretold first in Genesis 3:15, and when the tree of Life was mention at first...

It's not that simple just to say Adam disobeyed God, Adam could have disobeyed God when God asked him to do something, for example not to waste the fruits , but to cut only what he is going to eat. 

In this case Adam would not die and he want fall from the Life to Death.

Adam was told that the tree was the tree of death, and it was the tree of the one who one time was in Life but because of his disobedience he was the first one to fall from the Life unto death. 

When Adam ate from the tree of death he fall from the life unto death...from that time on he was in death the same as the Serpent.

The Serpent took the first couple and he took all their offsprings because Adam in death he had children in death, what he had he gave them...

That's why we need to believe in Jesus Christ and the moment we believe we are born of him...

Because the command of the Heavenly Father is to believe in his Son Jesus Christ the Life Giver, so we are in the Life,

On 10/27/2021 at 8:08 PM, Jaydub said:

Hi Jaydub,

We don't get to personally think anything as our thoughts and His are not the same.  So what did He give us?  His words.   

A virgin shall conceive...

EITHER God is being forthright or God is being deceptive.  

Either Gods words mean what Gods words mean or they don't.  

Either it is written or it is Yea, Hath God said? aka what someone else wants you to believe.

Everyone is so comfortable with 'filling in' when no filling in is necessary and when it's not supposed to be.  

Genesis - They didn't stick to what was written.  Slight twist and asked it in a different tone, a word or two added a thought and disobedience to GOD ensues.
Same guy trying to do the same thing to Jesus and how does He OUR EXAMPLE to follow, handle it?  It is written, it is written, it is written.  I am thinking that 'it is written' best be what we stick with especially when it comes to Yea, Hath God said? as the choice.   God says what God means. 

It's not like it is out of context or comprehension.  There is no figure of speech to figure out, the concept of 'conception' is very well known, basic and understood by almost everyone from the time they can reason.  SOME just don't like what is written and so say IT CAN'T MEAN THAT when in reality not only can it, but it does.  DOESN'T matter what 'conclusions' we come to or deductions are made or anything else.  If God wanted it taught in SOME OTHER WAY then GOD would have written it in some other way.  I don't see how it is possible to even be an argument or debate.  If we have to twist something so basic what chance does any of it stand?  

What matters to me is for those who are reading and really starting to study, to find themselves always questioning if what they read is ever what it seems, that is why it matters to me at least.   

Just saying...

Thank you for your thoughts though  D

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

No where in my post did I say, that sin is the only thing passed and nothing else. I'm fully aware that Adam passed on more than just sin. I did not think I needed to go into every little nitty gritty, teeny-weeny , minute detail and write a thesis or long never ending book on the subject, nor did I think it was necessary to torture everyone with a wall of scripture in order to give input. I simply wanted to summarize a point.

Is the word trinity in the bible? Of coarse not. But the concept and teaching is. One God who eternally exists as three distinct Persons — the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And it comes from a collection of scriptures as a whole from the bible correct? Both from the OT and the NT. Just the same, with regard to Adam being the representative of the human race.

Nobody disputes that husbands have the role of leadership over their families. This is clearly demonstrated in scripture. Adam is clearly presented as both progenitor and representative of all mankind in the NT. God set the bar in Genesis. Scripture makes it clear that sin and death entered the world through Adam, and thus he is to blame for original sin even though Eve also sinned.

1 Corinthians 15:21-22
For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—

Romans 5:15-19
But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many! 16Again, the gift is not like the result of the one man’s sin: The judgment that followed one sin brought condemnation, but the gift that followed many trespasses brought justification. 17For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive an abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!  18So then, just as one trespass brought condemnation for all men, so also one act of righteousness brought justification and life for all men. 19For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Notice in the above scriptures that it does NOT say sin entered through one man and one woman. Even though Eve sinned before Adam. It is demonstrated in Genesis that Adam had the role of leadership not Eve. God did not question Eve first, but Adam.

Paul is not homing in on individual sins, but states over and over again that it is because of one sin that death and condemnation belong to us all. In other words, we are connected to Adam such that his one sin is regarded as our sin and we are worthy of condemnation for it. We are made sinners by the sin of Adam. Due to his disobedience, we are regarded as sinners. Since "made sinners" is paralleled with "made righteous," it must also be referring to imputation. Thus, Paul is saying that we are all made sinners in the sense that we are imputed with Adam's sin.

As for sin being a physical object,

The bible itself, through collective scripture, not a stand alone verse describes sin as any action, deed, word or thought that is contrary to God's will and character. The word “deed”, by definition is an action that is performed intentionally or consciously. A deed is not a person, it is an action. Even though the word “deed” is a noun, it describes a “physical action” and “physical action”which in itself becomes a descriptive noun so to speak. Inanimate objects such as a desk or chair, are physical and tangible things and called nouns too, but neither have a heart and mind that can disobey God. The bible teaches that sin originates in the heart and mind and flows outward through actions and deeds. A person in this sense is said to be a sinner, because his deeds and actions are sinful. Because sinful actions are against God's will and character.