IGNORED

What's The Scariest Verse in the Bible???

Bawb

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Starise said:

When I read the passage where God addresses the unsaved persons who claim to have cast out demons, worked miracles and done other things, I don't take away that they  legitimately did these things. God never confirms they did any of it. They could not have done it in God's power because they don't belong to Him. I think these would be the false teachers who go around and make it seem as if they are doing these things. It's the only tool left in their arsenal as a hopeful reason to be let off the hook.

It would be similar to saying, " Lord didn't I represent you in doing these works or did I do your work here?"

The answer is of course, no. All actions were illegitimate. These people were in it for vain glory and money. They never experienced a conversion. You can likely recall at least a few of these characters right now. Most of them on TV asking for money all the time. The ones who seat healthy people in wheel chairs to be "healed" later or pull chicken gizzards from their pockets claiming to have removed cancerous tumors. Most men are not fooled by this and God CERTAINLY isn't.

I guess I look at this differently. John confirms a man was casting out devils (demons), and reports it to Jesus. Do we need additional conformation to the fact? It doesn't say he was trying, attempting or mimicking. The power of Jesus' name alone can cast out devils, IMO. 

"...and he followed not us:" Can be interpreted in several ways. Most likely, he did not accept the Gospel message, and was casting out demons in the power and name of Jesus? It also could be, he was not commissioned to be one of Jesus' disciples and didn't have the authority. 

Jesus replies and to paraphrase, don't stop him, it is better he is with us, instead of against us. There are other biblical, non-believing characters in the Bible, that have done miracles. This particular man was casting out devils in Jesus' name, the others doing miracles were in the name of Pharao or Beelzebub. 

7 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

that can lightly speak evil of me.

How do you interpret Jesus' comment above? It cannot be definitively said, the man casting out devils was evil, or doing it for his own glory. 

It is public record, and testified to with Catholic priests on YouTube; the RCC has been involved with demonic possession and exorcism for centuries. Knowing something about their ceremonies, rituals, indulgences, last rites, etc. Would anyone suppose all the priests' performing exorcisms, are all born again Christians? Are they actually casing out demons for real? 

All the above to say: The unsaved casting out demons is works, and works doesn't save anyone, only accepting the Gospel message saves. If or when that excuse is used at judgment time, it's not going to fly.

Matthew 12:27 (KJV) And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, Mama Etna said:

I have run across the 'unrepentant sin' argument used against Christians that go to church on Sunday many times.  I do not believe that is what the verse is talking about.

I was NOT explaining the meaning of the Matthew 7:22-23 passage. But the direction of the ongoing discussion taking place between the opster and another member that is possibly going into the direction of being about obeying the sabbath by the opster.

Sabbatarians argue that those who attend church on Sunday instead of Saturday are practicing unrepentant sinning. There is the subtle hint of this from statements made in early in the discussion. And is what I responded to.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, appy said:

I was NOT explaining the meaning of the Matthew 7:22-23 passage. But the direction of the ongoing discussion taking place between the opster and another member that is possibly going into the direction of being about obeying the sabbath by the opster.

Sabbatarians argue that those who attend church on Sunday instead of Saturday are practicing unrepentant sinning. There is the subtle hint of this from statements made in early in the discussion. And is what I responded to.

Yup…as has been opined…this topic is tired beyond reason. NT revelation could not be more clear.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,979
  • Content Per Day:  5.39
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

32 minutes ago, appy said:

It was not intended as a statement about your post.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I have run across the very tired argument myself across cyberspace when the gospel is very clear on the topic.

Now to scary verses.

Nadab and Abihu:

And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the Lord, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord.

Leviticus 10: 1-2

Bible is very frank in detailing the consequences of their disobedience. 

The account goes on to later to state:

And the Lord spake unto Aaron, saying, Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations: - Leviticus 10: 8-9

It implies they were drunk.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 11/11/2021 at 4:43 PM, Bawb said:

And yet there who are those who believe the law was done away with... The lawless?

To be more exact they tell us that Paul said the law was done away with. I can assure you Paul did not and does not say that. His question for our generation today would be: why are you not living right before God?

For me the scary word is the word MANY. If we were told a few would be lawless I would not have any concern or worry. What scares me is the word many which would indicate the majority. I believe a lot of people are going to be saved, even one third will be saved. But 2/3 are going to perish. Whatever it means to perish or be destroyed. 

The Bible verse I was this on was written for the "Jewish" nation. "And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God." (Zechariah 13:9) I believe this applies to the church today as much as it applies to the people Zechariah was talking to in his day. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

22 hours ago, Bawb said:

Joel Osteen

He encourages people. That is his gift. Why pick on him because of the gift of God working through  him. God does not put us here to judge others. We are to judge ourselves to be sure that we are right before God. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

1 hour ago, Mama Etna said:

It was not intended as a statement about your post.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.  I have run across the very tired argument myself across cyberspace when the gospel is very clear on the topic.

Now to scary verses.

Nadab and Abihu:

And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the Lord, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the Lord, and devoured them, and they died before the Lord.

Leviticus 10: 1-2

Bible is very frank in detailing the consequences of their disobedience. 

The account goes on to later to state:

And the Lord spake unto Aaron, saying, Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations: - Leviticus 10: 8-9

It implies they were drunk.

It does indeed imply that sister, I too came to that conclusion

SHALOM❤️

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Mathew 7:21 

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

3 hours ago, Alive said:

Yup…as has been opined…this topic is tired beyond reason. NT revelation could not be more clear.

"We" are not trying to saved the NT but those who practice "Sabbath day" out of fear. The fear that Jesus Christ will Judge them and deal with them accordingly to the punishment as if the were living under the Sinai Covenant.  

For this propose we keep coming back to it, to set free those who practice "the Sabbath" out of the fear of death.  

As long as the enemy is at work keeping some of our brothers and sisters under the bondage of that fear we so intend to keep working to destroy the works of the enemy and set those under this bondage free.

Edited by Your closest friendnt

***Mathew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

......Jesus spoke the words of the above passage and that of Matthew 7:22, 23 at the beginning of his ministry quite some time before the "CROSS". 

This is at the time when Jesus was teaching about the Kingdom of God. 

His audience were Jews and Israelites and everyone else who was in the Covenant of Sinai and that included the disciples and any one else who wanted to hear him speak. 

As the speaking was done in open space and was open to anyone. 

Jesus knew something some folks do not understand, Jesus knew that at that time no one was under his blood. 

This is a no brainer because He knew that his blood was not shed yet on the Cross, He did not have the marks of the nails in his hands. 

This message of Jesus was intended for those who were in the obedience to the Law of Moses as the Covenant of Sinai was still honored by God. 

Jesus audience at that time it was a very unique group of people because they were born and lived and were under the Covenant of Sinai and were in the obedience of the Law and the righteousness which come through the obedience to the Law in the book of Leviticus. 

They had to be in obedience to their Religious Calendar.

This unique group lived under both the old and New testament or Covenants. 

This is what Jesus was saying to Nicodemus that the day or the time he will see him dead on the Cross, this is will be the time believe in him, and thus to be born from above because at the time of his death on the Cross the Sinai Covenant has met it's death at the same time when Jesus Christ died. 

• Thanks 1

Mathew 7: 21-23 Kjv 

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

***in verse twenty two Jesus made reference to a future day, to a special future day and he is setting the tone that on that special day he is someone in a very high and special position...

(This somehow reminds of the dream of Joseph when everyone bowed down to him including his father and his mother). 

Jesus described himself being in a very high place, the place of the one who sits on the Throne to Judge the Israelites and the Jews, this is the Throne of David who rules and Judges all the tribes of Israel.  

He is telling his audience to everyone that they will stand before him to be Judge, everyone even those who believe or not believe in him. 

****In verse 22, 23 Jesus is referring to a specific group of people seemingly having met a judgment the kind of Judgment they did not expect and they are making their last appeal to the Judge whom is Jesus himself as to reconsider his judgment.

We need to clarify two things. The first one is to correctly identify what is the day Jesus is referring to when in v22 at the end of the first sentence he said "in that day".

In Joshef's dream they did not bowed down to him after their death but while they were still alive.

Jesus referring to that day ahead of him when God will make him Lord over all and where is given the authority to judge all, the living and the dead. 

The day Jesus is referring in v22 is not just the day everyone appears before him at the time of their death that too but in this example in v22 the people Jesus is dealing with are still alive and what takes place with them and Jesus in this example the conversation between them and Jesus it happened while they are still alive and not dead...this takes place at some time during their lifetime. 

What Jesus is attempting to show to his audience who were believers in God and obedient to the law of Moses is that on that day when it will be required of them to show obedience to the Father.

That was quite difficult for them at that time to comprehend that's why they began to argue whether or not Jesus was telling them not to obey the Law.....they were wondering why Jesus will tell to those who were in obedience to the Law of Moses and they were expecting to be Judged in this Life a according to their obedience to the Law, which happened quite a few times every year, as they were required to participate in their religious celebration and present them selves to the Lord for Judgement.

The people hearing that time Jesus they should be wondering why Jesus is telling them that they will appear before him and not before their Lord God to whom they were in Covenant with him.

And they were asked to obey the statutes in the Law and to be Judged by the Lord who gave them the Law according to their obedience to the Law. 

Why would the Messiah

(Jesus at that time in speech is referring himself as the Messiah the Christ of God in his future Glory)

is refusing to acknowledge those who were obedient to the Law and he tells the people who were in obedience to the Law to depart from him because they were not in obedience to the Father.

At another time Jesus was telling them "believe in God and also believe in me". 

With that statement Jesus was telling them that he is the one God had promised to sent in his name the truth Messiah the Christ and that if they refused to believe in him they will be in disobedience towards the Father. 

That the Father's command is to believe in him and in Jesus whom he had sent and appointed him to be the Judge of all people, even the Judge of everyone who is under the Law of Moses. 

The Father command to the people is to believe in Jesus Christ for their forgiveness of sins.

This is why Jesus Christ said in the last supper when he raised the glass of red wine and said: " this is the blood of the New Covenant who will be shed for the forgiveness of sins".

This is it Jesus is warning his audience knowing before hand that not all who were under the Law of Moses will abandon the Law and seek forgiveness through his sacrifice on the Cross but some, even some of his audience will not believe in him and they will continue to seek God and the forgiveness of their sins through the sacrifices in the Temple. 

Looking ahead Jesus said that story to cation his audience what will happen to those in good standing to the Law who will refuse to have forgiveness of their sins in his blood, in disobedience to the Father who is telling them to believe in Jesus Christ the one he had appointed for the whole world to have forgiveness of sins in his name. 

Jesus Christ showed to the people the need to believe in him as to believe in God alone and not in him also is a fatal disobedience towards the Father.  

That they are not acknowledge by the Christ of God because they are still in their sins inspite of their goodness. 

Realizing that Jesus was indeed their Lord and God who gave them the Sinai Covenan they said Jesus we did all those things in obedience to the Law of our God and if you are our Lord who came in the flesh then we did all those things in your name.  

Jesus Christ is calling them to believe in him by telling them that they are in disobedience to God who wants them to have forgiveness of their sins by the blood of Jesus who died on the Cross "the Lamb of God", they need to come to this obedience to be close to God by having their sins under the blood of the Lamb of God. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1