• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

One last try, 

1) Without appealing to any other passage in the Bible....  Given the fact there isn't anything in the entire chapter referencing the 21st century, why is Isaiah 24:1-2 read to be about a time period in our future that isn't actually mentioned in the text? 

2) Where does the New Testament mention the Isaiah 24 narrative and what does the NT say about that narrative? Since the Isaiah 24 narrative covers several chapters I'll open that op to any New Testament mention of Isaiah 20-35, if you like. To clarify: I am not asking for New Testament passages you believe are relevant to Isaiah because your eschatology says there is a connection. I am asking about where the New Testament itself either mentions, quotes or otherwise explicitly references the Isaiah texts in question.  

I did not ask about Revelation 11

Brother is there a reason you can not let it go and let someone have their own opinion? You are hounding now at this point and it is unseemly.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members

40 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Yes, there are many reasons for my patience and persistence and none of them have anything to do with "hounding". Neither am I trying to deny the poster his opinion. I am in fact endeavoring to better understand his opinion and provide an opportunity for everyone to do the same but having great difficulty getting beyond the superficial content common in the Prophesy board. 

That's ironic because that too is a matter of opinion and I would stand up for the right to post it were it not in violation of the tou. Your post has been reported. If you delete your post then I will delete this one. Otherwise, 

Proverbs 26:17 

Being new here, perhaps before criticizing others some consideration would be given to perusing their op history to see what they post and how they post.

luigi

mine

Consider applying Philippians 2:3, Ephesians 4:29, or maybe even Romans 12:9-21 before insinuating I have been "hounding" anyone. luigi knows how to speak for himself; he does not need help from anyone else. If he wants to ignore my inquiries he can simply be silent. Or it is well within his faculties to tell me he's not interested and it is well within his capacity to do so in a polite and respectful manner without insinuating anything negative. 

It's also well within his ability to answer a few questions about his own op. 

Or is it? 

Why don't we put on a little patience and see? ;) 

He is being provided the opportunity to reason through his own op. Will he take advantage of the opportunity and bear what fruit from it he can? Or not? 

Why don't we wait and see? 

You, FortifiedbyFaith, are invited to answer the questions I have asked from your particular perspective. No hounding required. :D

You would report someone for pointing out you are hounding the original poster? Do you also need a “safe space” so as to not be looked at oddly by those around you? How juvenile…

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Josheb said:

This post too was reported. The Worthy Registration Terms are HERE. Give them a read. 

Have you anything op-relevant to contribute to the conversation I was having with luigi? 

Thank you I can read. Sticks break bones, not words. That you are so insecure you have to have Big Brother attend to your every slight you perceive you are given shows how juvenile you are. You do not look upon the fact that you were condescending, badgering, harassing and not letting up after 9 posts to the original poster as you yourself being in violation of any of these rules just shows how superior and condescending your self image really is.

3 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Got anything op-relevant to contribute? 

Yes, I agree with him. Isaiah does prophesy for the 21st century. I already posted a piece in support of him on it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,870
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, FortifiedbyFaith said:

Yes, I agree with him. Isaiah does prophesy for the 21st century. I already posted a piece in support of him on it.

Why the Lord of Lords does  not have any prophets to speak for him, or he cannot speak for himself through the Holy Spirit?  

There is one more, do not make post it. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.03

Hi everyone. I cannot respond because my service went down, and the tech will not be here until saturday. I am reponding on my phone which is new and somewhat difficult.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Why the Lord of Lords does  not have any prophets to speak for him, or he cannot speak for himself through the Holy Spirit?  

There is one more, do not make post it. 

Brother, the Holy Spirit does speak through HIS prophets/messengers. As always, one must test the spirit behind the message and the messenger. 1 John 4 and 5. There are many voices now. Some have truth, some not. Go click on my banner and see the story behind it. The Holy Spirit is here and moving through HIS people. This is a sign for those who doubt the presence of the Holy Spirit is not active in these days. We are the believers, we are HIS mouthpieces by which HE calls all to repentance and to follow HIM.

• Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, Josheb said:

Yep. I read them both. Neither addresses the concerns I broached or answers the questions I asked. But, hey, I don't want to hound or deny anyone their opinion. 

Good ?

41 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Got anything to add in furtherance of the conversation?

Because there's nothing in Isaiah 24 about the 21st century and objectively acknowledging that fact begs a question regarding how or why someone would think it does, especially if there is content in the New Testament further clarifying the prophet. 

Posting to give the LORD HIS due right and final say on the matter. All glory to the Savior Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 24 KJV

24 Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lordhath spoken this word.

The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh.

The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth.

They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.

10 The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.

11 There is a crying for wine in the streets; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone.

12 In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.

13 When thus it shall be in the midst of the land among the people, there shall be as the shaking of an olive tree, and as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done.

14 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the Lord, they shall cry aloud from the sea.

15 Wherefore glorify ye the Lord in the fires, even the name of the Lord God of Israel in the isles of the sea.

16 From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.

17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.

18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

7 hours ago, FortifiedbyFaith said:

Posting to give the LORD HIS due right and final say on the matter. All glory to the Savior Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 24 KJV

24 Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lordhath spoken this word.

The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

The new wine mourneth, the vine languisheth, all the merryhearted do sigh.

The mirth of tabrets ceaseth, the noise of them that rejoice endeth, the joy of the harp ceaseth.

They shall not drink wine with a song; strong drink shall be bitter to them that drink it.

10 The city of confusion is broken down: every house is shut up, that no man may come in.

11 There is a crying for wine in the streets; all joy is darkened, the mirth of the land is gone.

12 In the city is left desolation, and the gate is smitten with destruction.

13 When thus it shall be in the midst of the land among the people, there shall be as the shaking of an olive tree, and as the gleaning grapes when the vintage is done.

14 They shall lift up their voice, they shall sing for the majesty of the Lord, they shall cry aloud from the sea.

15 Wherefore glorify ye the Lord in the fires, even the name of the Lord God of Israel in the isles of the sea.

16 From the uttermost part of the earth have we heard songs, even glory to the righteous. But I said, My leanness, my leanness, woe unto me! the treacherous dealers have dealt treacherously; yea, the treacherous dealers have dealt very treacherously.

17 Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.

18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth.

22 And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

23 Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.

We're getting close for that chapter to be fulfilled....

• Thumbs Up 2