AnOrangeCat

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,417
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I was reading Deuteronomy earlier. It spoke of the coming clashes with the land's inhabitants and said God would handle it and that it had nothing to do with righteousness or good works but because of the wickedness of the enemies. Then it went on to list the various murmurings, failings, and the idolatry that the Israelites had engaged in as they were going through the wilderness. It stood out as a powerful thing to me and that while we know we've been forgiven it might not hurt to reflect on the times we've let God down and failed to hit the mark so as to stay humble.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

I was reading Deuteronomy earlier. It spoke of the coming clashes with the land's inhabitants and said God would handle it and that it had nothing to do with righteousness or good works but because of the wickedness of the enemies. Then it went on to list the various murmurings, failings, and the idolatry that the Israelites had engaged in as they were going through the wilderness. It stood out as a powerful thing to me and that while we know we've been forgiven it might not hurt to reflect on the times we've let God down and failed to hit the mark so as to stay humble.

If we don't walk humbly with our God, we will miss the mark every time. Jesus said it best in John 15 "without Me you can do nothing." To be humble, is to be totally dependent upon Him. 

Gary

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,387
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

You cannot work to be humble... it has to be part of being by the infusion of truth...

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

6 hours ago, AnOrangeCat said:

Good observation Orange ,

That's how it all started in the garden of Adam and Eve,remember the story how the eneny deceived Eve with the forbidden fruit which would open her eyes and make her to be like God? Since then,we all fell and we all are in a need of a Savior who can help us out of the mess which sin caused to happen, sadly many people reject it and want like Eve the pleasures of this world.

When you think you're humble you lost it all because that would make you proud of being humble.

We have to let God reign over us,listen to His Words ,accept His Son as our only Savior and that will make us right with God.

Look at this forum,many are Christians ,how many humble people do we see? 

All we need to do it commit our lives in the care of God and the Holy Sprit will lead us in all truth and will show us also where we should take a step back and let God work through us not to be puffed up.. (to be humble and we fail all the time)

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; Isaiah 14 12-16

• Thumbs Up 2