• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

27 minutes ago, adamjedgar said:

I find it really interesting that conveniently, the new covenant conspirators never quote James, and quite often ignore Peters writings. The reason for this is because these two seem be opposed to the modern new covenant christian interpretation (which means the modern view is therefore obviously in error)

1Peter 1:

15But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do, 16for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy...17Since you call on a Father who judges each one’s work impartially, conduct yourselves in reverent fear during your stay as foreigners...22Since you have purified your souls by obedience to the truth so that you have a genuine love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from a pure heart.

1 Peter 2:

"12Conduct yourselves with such honor among the Gentiles that, though they slander you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us."

Peter in vs 22 quotes Isaiah next...

21For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His footsteps:

22“He committed no sin,

and no deceit was found in His mouth.”g

23When they heaped abuse on Him,

He did not retaliate;

when He suffered, He made no threats,

but entrusted Himself to Him who judges justly.

24He Himself bore our sinsh

in His body on the tree,

so that we might die to sin

and live to righteousness.

“By His stripes you are healed.”

There is a danger when interpreting scripture, instead of letting scripture revealing itself via its many links within its pages, we attempt to interpret based on historical wives tails... 2 Peter 3 says:

15Consider also that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him. 16He writes this way in all his letters,g speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort,h as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

So how does one reconcile the apparent opposing views between Paul and James+Peter?

I think the key is found in Rev 14:12 where we find that those who are saved (the saints who go to heaven) do both, they believe and produce fruits according to the commandments of God

12Here is a call for the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

There was not rehabilitation available in the Sinai Covenant. 

For some situations there was... 

But for a group of some sins the people were instructed to eliminate the sin from amongst them by eliminating the sinner.

Don't be surprised that the family would be the first to cast the stones. 

Jesus Christ gave an end to that part of the Law. 

The ten commandments were given before the law was given. 

The Law said kill, Jesus says do not kill. 

The Law says death for the blasphemy, Jesus says never 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

There was not rehabilitation available in the Sinai Covenant. 

For some situations there was... 

But for a group of some sins the people were instructed to eliminate the sin from amongst them by eliminating the sinner.

Don't be surprised that the family would be the first to cast the stones. 

Jesus Christ gave an end to that part of the Law. 

The ten commandments were given before the law was given. 

The Law said kill, Jesus says do not kill. 

The Law says death for the blasphemy, Jesus says never 

What? 

I don't think you have understood the point at all.

The law was only a burden because the Pharisees and Sadducees made it a burden.

How a person can possibly believe that a perfect God cocked up with the law and therefore changed it.

That is heresy of theistic evolutionary proportions...they believe God was still learning when he initiated the evolutionary process.

Honestly, I don't think you have thought this through very well at all.

Edited by adamjedgar

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/29/2021 at 6:46 AM, other one said:

One should define what "The Law" is to discuss this clearly. What is meant by "The Law" in the verses mentioned.

Yes, I agree. We need to be technical about the term "law." There is Jew and Gentile, the Jews have 613 laws. We Gentiles are grafted in to One body, but God's chosen peculiar people are different.

2 hours ago, adamjedgar said:

What? 

I don't think you have understood the point at all.

The law was only a burden because the Pharisees and Sadducees made it a burden.

How a person can possibly believe that a perfect God cocked up with the law and therefore changed it.

That is heresy of theistic evolutionary proportions...they believe God was still learning when he initiated the evolutionary process.

Honestly, I don't think you have thought this through very well at all.

The Sinai Covenant it was not for all the children of Issac and not for all the children of Abraham, 

it was for Abraham's children through Issac, and for Isaac's son Jacob and all his household, and only for those who kept the Covenant of Circumcision.  

Faith was not required because the children at eight days old cannot or have no idea what was going on at the time of Circumcision. 

Even the parents did not have to confess faith at the time of Circumcision, we could have unbelieving parents Circumcising their children. They did what was required by the Law and that's all about it.

They were under the Law and they were judged by what the Law was asking them to do, and that was to obey in keeping their religious Calendar. 

Someone maybe without sin, but he can be cut off from God and the people because he did not keep a religious ordinance. 

All his life he may be perfect but one time he disobeyed the Passover and he was out in the cold till the next year.

He was not allowed to continue in the Law till next years Passover,

The Sinai Covenant was ratified quite long time thousands years before the Farisees were formed.  

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yes, I agree. We need to be technical about the term "law." There is Jew and Gentile, the Jews have 613 laws. We Gentiles are grafted in to One body, but God's chosen peculiar people are different.

Also about the word "coursed" in the context Paul use it.

There is a distinction to be made between the courses listed in the book of Leviticus for those under the Law who did not do what the Law was asking them to do....

And a out the context Paul use the same word in a different context that is that the Law could not depart Life, the life of God to them , to removed the separation or bring the Vail down, or removed the vail between God and them selves , the practitioners of the Law. 

How about the rest of the world, what about them? 

God is promising that the Gentiles will worship him and the Law could not do that too.

At the time of Jesus Christ death we find out how was that done, the vail between God and the rest of the world turned, out of the way for everyone Jew or Gentile. 

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

These discussions always come back full circle about the sabbath t I never said the law was abolished in my thread. We would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. What was intended to bring life actually brought death. Through the law we become conscious of our sin. Sin brings condemnation and death. The Old Testament said that anyone who failed to uphold the law, was cursed. Not just part of it, but all of it. (Deuteronomy 27:26) God's justice demands death in payment for sin. Any sin, not just certain sins.

“The wages of sin is death” The law is good, but we end up under a curse because man can not keep the law perfectly. No one after becoming a Christian can ever say he or she has never sinned after becoming a Christian. People in general speaking say.... but the bible says.... “if you love me, you will keep my commandments” but we are not obeying that command when we do any of the following listed below.

Does anyone really think that as long as they don't lie, don't steal, don't commit adultery, don't commit murder and keep the sabbath, that God will look the other way when they sin in other ways? That is the worst sort of lie ever.  And certainly hypocrisy.

Remaining angry for an extended time                Arrogance            
Verbally  or emotionally abusing others              Bitterness
Desiring praise from others                                 Hypocrisy
Causing divisions among others                          Quarreling
Not recognizing your own faults                         Boasting
Desiring something forbidden                             Complaining
Causing strife among others                               Conceit            
Expressing unkind thoughts of others                Greed
Betraying the trust of others                               Judging
Refusing to forgive others                                   Backbiting
Being ungrateful                                                   Slandering others       
Using foul language                                             Reviling others
Ridiculing another person                                   Foolish talk
Breaking an agreement                                        Using foul language
provoking someone else to anger                       Name calling
Secretly hating others in your heart                    Lovers of self
Being fond of gratification                                  Being deceitful
Pride                                                                     Craftiness

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

No one this side of heaven is perfect. Which is why Jesus came, so he could be our perfection. The old lower sinful nature still resides in our flesh, so at times we stumble. No human on this earth is able to live a perfect sinless life.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

One of the best ways to begin to understand these things is to read what the Lord says through Paul in the first 5 chapter of Romans. Here is a short piece in the second chapter...however context is important. Who he is addressing and who is the subject.

Rom. 2:12 (NAS20S)   For all who have sinned   without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; 13 for it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the Law who will be justified. 14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law instinctively perform the requirements of the Law, these, though not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of mankind through Christ Jesus.

26 minutes ago, appy said:

No one this side of heaven is perfect. Which is why Jesus came, so he could be our perfection. The old lower sinful nature still resides in our flesh, so at times we stumble. No human on this earth is able to live a perfect sinless life.

I do not like what it is in your post and I will give the reasons why. 

If someone else has done the posting I will not say anything because he is letting us know that he is climbing the mountain and still a long way from the top.

Evil is in the heart of People.

Sometimes the inner man can make the physical man to do something and at other times he is trying to stop the physical man from what he plants to do.

That it could be either good or bad. Sometimes they plan to do good together and sometimes they plan to do something bad together and there is time that they are in conflict and we also have the impulses of man which can get him in trouble, quickly reacting without thinking.

We are both physical and spiritual beings.  Having their own minds own thoughts. 

7 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

Quickly reacting without thinking, really spoke to me, I did that for years, because that’s what some have been taught growing up, and don’t even realise it.....it wasn’t until God came into my life, did he show me how to behave, it has taken years to unravel all the wrong i was taught as a youngster, i was led by my emotions....not a good place to be..

This is the best eye opening post I have read and I do not think so that I will ever read another one...I want to emphasize how important this is...thank for your testimony. For me it took most of my life, till I finished my law studies. 

The Lord use it to help me see my self and my image in the mirror began to gradually change.  

I had to put my self in the examination table before I say or do something or suggest something before and sometimes still after the fact.

But once I grasp the truth about something I could act and think very quickly because matters were very vivid and clear in my self.

• Thumbs Up 1