• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, toocoolblue said:

Physics and Politics.

That's all you need to debunk the idea of Aliens.

1. Physics

The heavier something is, the more energy is required to move it. However, according to Einstein the faster something moves - the more mass it acquires. Consequently, moving at the speed of light for even one second requires infinite energy.

The nearest star to Earth is 4 million light years away. Can you put that amount of fuel on a Shell card?

Worse still, moving at light speed would effect the passage of time. Even if your flying saucer only flew at light speed for a minute, when you got off, everybody and everything you knew would be dead of old age.

Well... that's if you could figure out a way to stop the UFO without destroying the entire Solar System.

So basically, anybody with this level of technology, having arrived at Earth would notice us less than we notice bacteria. 

The funniest part about the UFO myth is that the Air Force shot one down. If you can travel faster than light, you should be able to travel in time. That means if you made a mistake, you could go backwards in time and fix it. So how can you crash a flying saucer when you can't make a mistake?

Since all alien abductions take place on back roads when no one else is around...were the aliens hunting Bubba's pickup truck when all of a sudden - Wammo!!! That mountain just came out of nowhere and wrecked the flying saucer. I guess that's what they get for letting grandma drive after dark. 

2. Politics

Three Presidents have promised to publish all data about UFOs if elected. Carter, Clinton and Obama.

Nothing has ever been published.

Do you really believe that three self-serving politicians, all of whom ran for re-election and were opposed by the so-called "religious right". Would not have released any data they thought might damage the "religious right"?

You might buy into a lot of things...but the notion that people like Clinton or Obama wouldn't act in their own selfish interests...That's just crazy on a level that I don't have the words to describe.

All that said, there are legitimate UFO sightings. These almost always take place in the American Southwest between 5 Air Force bases, where Darpa tests it's secret aircraft.

The nearest star is about 4 light years away (Proxima Centauri).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Thanks it's getting late...

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

2 hours ago, teddyv said:

actually the nearest star is the sun

An astronomical unit (AU) is the equivalent of 150 million km / 93 million mi, and the Sun is 1 AU away from Earth. In light-years, the Sun is 0.00001581 light-years away, while in light minutes, the Sun is 8.20 light minutes away, or 500 light-seconds away from Earth

Edited by Ghostdog

i sometimes wonder if there are other life forms on other planets. "there isnt because the bible doesnt mention them"  well no because the bible is about Gods plan to redeem mankind from sin and aliens really have nothing to do with that. i cant believe that out of the enitire unverse, which btw is 83 billion light years, we are the only planet with intelligent life on it. i say intelligent life because there are many types of life including single cell organisms. we havent even explored everything there is to know on our own planet so how can we know anything about space.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

42 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

i cant believe that out of the enitire unverse, which btw is 83 billion light years, we are the only planet with intelligent life on it.

Why not?

Look at what scientists think is needed for life to exist on a planet.

1. a stable sun that is not to hot, to cold or to big.

2. a planet in a stable orbit that is within the ' goldilock zone '

3 a large satilite also in a stable orbite to generate tides that stir the oceans.

4 several large outer planets to both sweep up stray rocks etc and to pull in any random comets meteors etc.

prior to all this is the need for the star to be in a stable part of space, no wandering black holes, highly active near by stars that would iradiate any planets orbiting this star.

Look at the current research on known planets you'll find there are none that are in these catergories.

Why should God create life ' out there ', if the All have sinned applies to All life then All et's are sinners.

How do they hear about Jesus?

23 minutes ago, Who me said:

Why not?

Look at what scientists think is needed for life to exist on a planet.

1. a stable sun that is not to hot, to cold or to big.

2. a planet in a stable orbit that is within the ' goldilock zone '

3 a large satilite also in a stable orbite to generate tides that stir the oceans.

4 several large outer planets to both sweep up stray rocks etc and to pull in any random comets meteors etc.

prior to all this is the need for the star to be in a stable part of space, no wandering black holes, highly active near by stars that would iradiate any planets orbiting this star.

Look at the current research on known planets you'll find there are none that are in these catergories.

Why should God create life ' out there ', if the All have sinned applies to All life then All et's are sinners.

How do they hear about Jesus?

what do scientist have to measure what a habital planet is? the only model we have is the earth and our solar system. as for all have sinned well is not animals not a life form? yet Jesus didnt go preaching to animals. maybe we are the only life form God created with an after life.

Edited by Ghostdog

6 minutes ago, Ghostdog said:

what do scientist have to measure what a habital planet is?

So you do not know how astrominers detect planets or are able to make measurements of the star a planet is orbiting?

see:-https://earthsky.org/space/how-do-astronomers-discover-exoplanets/

and plans to learn more:-

https://earthsky.org/space/webb-telescope-life-7-worlds-trappist-1/

Sorry I missed this one out:-https://winteryknight.com/2021/05/20/new-study-model-of-700-quintillion-terrestrial-exoplanets-suggests-earth-is-special/

about how special earth is and how unlikely i is that there is life on other exoplanets.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Ghostdog said:

actually the nearest star is the sun

An astronomical unit (AU) is the equivalent of 150 million km / 93 million mi, and the Sun is 1 AU away from Earth. In light-years, the Sun is 0.00001581 light-years away, while in light minutes, the Sun is 8.20 light minutes away, or 500 light-seconds away from Earth

Yes, I am aware of that. My comment was in context of the post I replied too.

:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.09

Related question - how would your theology change - or would it change at all - if life forms, simple or intelligent, were discovered?