IGNORED

Did The 70AD Destruction Of The Temple In Jerusalem, Fulfill Matthew 24:2?

truth7t7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,749
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

In Matthew our Lord Jesus answered concerning "buildings and stones" - and it came to pass literally AT THE HANDS OF ROME. John 2:19 implies that "the Jews" would destroy His Body - not the Romans.

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, YE (MEN OF ISRAEL) have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Next, the "buildings and stones" of Matthew 24 were NOT raised up after 3 days! In John 2 our Lord's BODY was raised up after 3 days. You again make our Lord utter an untruth!

Then, to compound the matter, you ignore that our Lord Jesus was asked for a "SIGN" in John 2. He gave one - NOT the Temple buildings of stones, but His BODY. The Temple continued 40 years after His body was "destroyed". In Matthew 24 our Lord was prophesying. In John 2 He was giving a "Sign" so that they would believe (Jn.20:30)

30 And many other SIGNS truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

If we arbitrarily allegorize scripture mischief always follows.

It's your opinion that the 70AD temple destruction fulfilled Matthew 24:2,and my opinion posted shows otherwise

We Disagree

Jesus Is The Lord

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Is this horse dead yet?

I'm kinda thinking so.

:-)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Alive said:

Is this horse dead yet?

I'm kinda thinking so.

:-)

The original OP isnt dead

However the claim the church isnt seen in Isaiah 26:20-21 is dead

I posted "We Disagree" in a jesture the horse was dead, I wasn't going to respond to the specific claim further

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

8 minutes ago, truth7t7 said:

The original OP isnt dead

However the claim the church isnt seen in Isaiah 26:20-21 is dead

I posted "We Disagree" in a jesture the horse was dead, I wasn't going to respond to the specific claim further

The answer to the question in the OP is easy--it fullfilled a part of Matt 24, Luke 21 and Mark 13.

The temple was destroyed and not one stone was left on another. History.

So this goes likes this: you either agree with that or not. Saying the same thing over and over and over again, does not make it so--in either case.

The scriptures have been examined. One say tomato the other says tomato.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  3,049
  • Content Per Day:  3.33

1 hour ago, truth7t7 said:

It's your opinion that I make Jesus utter "Untruth" and that opinion is false 

My claim was Jesus used the words "Destroy This Temple" as the pharisees responded referencing a "Literal" temple 46 years in building, as John stated a "Symbolic" interpretation of this temple in the Lords body 

Quote Truth7t7:

John's account shows Jesus Christ  stating "Destroy This Temple"

The Pharisees referenced a "Literal" Temple in Jerusalem 46 years in building 

John clealry states Jesus wasn't speaking of a "Literal" temple in Jerusalem, but a "Symbolic" temple in his body, its that simple and very easy to understand 

You'll be shocked to learn that Christ's Body is NOT symbolic. It is as literal as the Temple which was made of buildings and stones. And the SIGN is not Christ's Body, but that He raised it up again after 3 days.

You have a scheme of theology which forces you to make real things symbolic. You have no option but to do this to shore up your appreciation of the Bible. As in other threads, you meet with difficulty in just about every posting. I think that you'll have to read a bit of Darby to balance things out. :o

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Alive said:

The answer to the question in the OP is easy--it fullfilled a part of Matt 24, Luke 21 and Mark 13.

So this goes likes this: you either agree with that or not. Saying the same thing over and over and over again, does not make it so--in either case.

We Disagree, and the OP opposes your view in a literal temple destruction in 70AD being seen as fulfillment, as John's account clearly defines the temple as being "Symbolic"

This is the major reason the OP was posted, to give readers the opportunity to view both sides of the coin without censorship, regarding preterism's claims of Matthew 24:2

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

Edited by truth7t7

32 minutes ago, Alive said:

I disagree with your opinion that not one stone was left upon another, the temple foundations in stones upon another are seen to this day, the foundation is the very essence and part of the building upon it IMO 

Jesus Is The Lord

Edited by truth7t7

16 minutes ago, AdHoc said:

You'll be shocked to learn that Christ's Body is NOT symbolic. It is as literal as the Temple which was made of buildings and stones. And the SIGN is not Christ's Body, but that He raised it up again after 3 days.

You have a scheme of theology which forces you to make real things symbolic. You have no option but to do this to shore up your appreciation of the Bible. As in other threads, you meet with difficulty in just about every posting. I think that you'll have to read a bit of Darby to balance things out. :o

At no time have I claimed the body of Jesus Christ wasn't literal as you suggest in a negative light

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 2/6/2022 at 2:06 PM, truth7t7 said:

The 70AD destruction of the Jerusalem Temple, played no part in fulfillment of Matthew 24:2

As per John's account of the temple visit, Jesus Christ spoke of the "Symbolic" destruction of the temple in Jerusalem, that was seen in his death, burial, and resurrection

When Jesus Christ died, the veil in the temple was torn, God vacated "His Interest In" the temple, its was "Gone" not one stone upon another

His disciples remembered after his resurrection what was said concerning the temple in Jerusalem, his resurrection, and bodily temple

Matthew 24:2KJV

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

John 2:19-22KJV

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

In you argument, you very conveniently [for you] left out verse 1 of Matthew 24:

Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple.

That is your context: the physical temple in Jerusalem. Nothing symbolic about it.
Has nothing to do with the spiritual temple of His body. Two different things.

27 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

In you argument, you very conveniently [for you] left out verse 1 of Matthew 24:

Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple.

That is your context: the physical temple in Jerusalem. Nothing symbolic about it.
Has nothing to do with the spiritual temple of His body. Two different things.

Nobody has denied the temple was a literal reference from the disciples or pharisees 

As per John's account of Jesus speaking to the "pharisees", the "literal" temple was defined as being "symbolic" of the Lord's body, it's that simple

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Edited by truth7t7