• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

God gave us a manual to read, but people can't or won't read it or try to understand it. What part of repent don't they understand.

e

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen, Eric! :24::emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heeeeey cats, your back. Praise the Lord . I'v been emailing you and asking all over the message boards to see if anyone has heard from you. Been praying my soclks off for you and Bill. Welcome back. :emot-highfive:

e

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Those are all man made problems.

What man can make a hurricane?

Thanks for making my point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you ask the lefties man made the hurricanes by global warming.

Man does not cause miscarriages.

Man did not make the land unsuited for growing food for africa.

Man did not cause the road to ice over causing a car accident.

Man did not make aids.

I'm a lady, btw. Robin

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Those are all man made problems.

What man can make a hurricane?

Thanks for making my point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NEWS BRIEF: "Malaysia to Battle Smog With Cyclones", by Chen May Yee, Staff Reporter of the Wall Street Journal, The Wall Street Journal, Thursday, November 13, 1997, page A19.

"KULA LUMPUR -- Malaysia's war on smog is about to get a new twist. The government wants to create man-made cyclones to scrub away the haze that has plagued Malaysia since July. 'We will use special technology to create an artificial cyclone to clean the air', said Datuk Law Hieng Ding, minister for science, technology and the environment. The plan calls for the use of new Russian technology to create cyclones -- the giant storms also known as typhoons and hurricanes -- to cause torrential rains, washing the smoke out of the air. The Malaysian cabinet and the finance minister have approved the plan, Datuk Law said. A Malaysian company, BioCure Sdn. Bhd., will sign a memorandum of understanding soon with a government-owned Russian party to produce the cyclone."

"Datuk Law declined to disclose the size of the cyclone to be generated, or the mechanism. 'The details I don't have', he said. He did say, though, that the cyclone generated would be 'quite strong'. Datuk Law also declined to disclose the price of creating the cyclone. But, he said, Malaysia doesn't have to pay if the project doesn't work."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/24/1945

Yoh Friends

Please excuse a certain confusion that I seem to be suffering at the moment.

I have just recently engaged a number of members as to the degree that President Bush

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Absolute rubbish. More sensible to focus on the  badly maintained and inadequate flood defences and the disorganised inadequate and badly-coordinated evacuation and rescue plans for the scale of  this disaster. Blame human ineptitude not God for this. Instead of dreaming up blaspemous divine conspiracies, perhaps you wolud be better of focusing on your own communities preparedness for natural disasters

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dito.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I just got back from a prayer meeting. I've been wanting to write about things that were spoken and revealed there, but honostly - I'm not sure how to say it.

Suddenly, my heart is filled with grief as I try to present my case before you.

Did you all know that people have been praying for New Orleans before the hurricane hit?

Did you know that the Lord has spoken into the hearts of people about the corruption going on in and around the area?

Did you know that the anger of the Lord is against homosexuality? And do you know just how strong that anger is? :emot-hug:

Did you know there was a prophecy given from Houston, TX in July against New Orleans? Funny - it's Housten that's come to the rescue of the victims more than any other city. Coincidence?

But I fear my words are falling on deaf ears.

Even Keith Green was turned against for producing an album titled "No Compromise" with a picture of a man refusing to bow to an idol.

Funny how people don't like to believe God has a limit to His patience.

Yet, and I heard this from people who lived for a time in Louisianna and Mississippi, the whole region was so corrupt.

Churches and church leaders were speaking against one another.

The law enforcers were corrupt.

Chemical plants were built along unstable delta land.

One man reported just how oppressive it is there - so much so that he could feel it.

And the eye hitting Mississippi and not New Orleans? Well, the hurricane did a great job destroying the gambling barges that were there!

The word that all of them who felt this burden from the Lord was saying is that the church in America needs to repent of her evil ways. And people, there is much, much we as a body are needing to repent of. (I'm not referring to every individual and every church - but over all.) So much division, so much bitterness, so much gossip, so much judgmentalism, so much spiritual pride, so much compromise, so much quenching the Spirit of God, . . . .

Please people! We need to stop arguing over this issue and go about the business of repenting. Even if you don't believe in God's judgment in this case, repent and pray for repentance among the rest of the church anyway!

I know you don't want to believe this, but these intercessors were receiving from the Lord that if we don't heed the call to repentance, something worse will happen. I feel like I should say, "Mark this word!"

Call me crazy if you like, but this is what is on my heart.

I'm closing with the Scripture that was read tonight. Receive it as you will:

Amos 4

6 "Also I gave you cleanness of teeth in all your cities. And lack of bread in all your places; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord.

7 "I also withheld rain from you, When there were still three months to the harvest. I made it rain on one city, I withheld rain from another city. One part was rained upon, And where it did not rain the part withered.

8 So two or three cities wandered to another city to drink water, But they were not satisfied; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord.

9 "I blasted you with blight and mildew. When your gardens increased, Your vineyards, Your fig trees, And your olive trees, The locust devoured them; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord.

10 "I sent among you a plague after the manner of Egypt; Your young men I killed with a sword, Along with your captive horses; I made the stench of your camps come up into your nostrils; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord.

11 "I overthrew some of you, As God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, And you were like a firebrand plucked from the burning; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the Lord.

12 "Therefore thus will I do to you, O Israel; Because I will do this to you, Prepare to meet your God, O Israel!"

13 For behold, He who forms mountains, And creates the wind, Who declares to man what his thought is, And makes the morning darkness, Who treads the high places of the earth-- The Lord God of hosts is His name.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

"...if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Nebula,

I thank God for your post tonight! Hallelujah! Sister, I believe you 100% because, as I've said in several posts, I didn't know why Hurricane Katrina happened but I knew that I knew the message was for the church, and America, to repent! This is so strong in me and I've felt some of the Lord's grief and anger regarding sin over the last two weeks. To the point of tears!

One man reported just how oppressive it is there - so much so that he could feel it.

When I visited New Orleans in the mid 90's, I felt it. When we turned (walking) to go down Bourbon Street, I got ten feet before I threw-up. That's the truth. I knew at that moment that New Orleans was an especially wicked and oppressive place and I've never been back.

I'm adding my plea to yours for people to stop arguing over this Hurricane and pray instead! Even if you think Katrina was just another storm, where is the harm in praying for repentance???

This needs to be a thread of it's own in hopes of more people reading it.

EDITED TO ADD: I wanted to also say that I don't feel it's over yet. What's been in my spirit for the last two weeks is still there.

Edited by Keith