IGNORED

I am new here and want to ask a question. Witnessing.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

First of all I wouldn't go to an unbelieving forum. A waste of time for me. Of course you are going to see things that mock God and disrespect our Lord and Savior. 

I don't go to unbelieving forums, they are just out there and the subject comes up and they talk about it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

1 minute ago, Fancicoffee said:

I don't go to unbelieving forums, they are just out there and the subject comes up and they talk about it.

This is what you said "I was on another board/forum, not a Christian forum"

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, Fancicoffee said:

I didn't realize that I need to know and show what I know when posting here.  I have been a Christian practically all my life and have studied a few topics concerning different areas of being a believer.  I thought I could just post something and discuss it here and do the same with others.  I did not know I had to do all the proof posting here.  Yes, I know about the resurrection and the different view points on it.  Thank you for your input.  

If only those who are perfect in wisdom and knowledge were here on Worthy the website would be nonexistent. You are right where God needs you to be.  He will guide you in your learning while you are here.  I almost gave up on Worthy in the beginning because of all of the arguing among those who believe they have intellect higher than another and that they have some kind of understanding of scripture beyond human comprehension.  I believe the Holy Spirit does reveal the mysteries of God to some but He would never do it in a way that is condescending, unloving, or an "in your face" way.  Humility and humbleness are always the way of our Lord.  Never intimidation or some other fluffy puffy way.  Ego.  Everyone has one.  Some are more obvious.  I hope you stay and commune with brothers and sisters who accept and love you just the way you are but continue to encourage and teach you what the Lord wants in your life.  Blessings fellow believer in Christ! 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  20

On 2/22/2022 at 7:00 AM, Fancicoffee said:

Like there was an author that was an athiest and set out to prove there wasn't a God and he found God and has written a book all about that.  His name is Lee Strobbel.

Lee is one of my favorite authors.  Who but our God can take an atheist on a journey where he set out to prove the resurrection of Jesus was a lie and myth to turn him into a believer and huge promoter of the Christian faith of resurrection after human life ends on earth?   

I always encourage others to read the book or watch the movie, A Case For Christ!!

Then go on and read A Case For Miracles! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Hebrews 11:1 (KJV) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I've made mention of Jesus or mentioned my faith on a chicken forum and gun forum and got a warning, not appropriate. 

I constantly hear people using Jesus' name in vain and flippantly, I'm offended. It makes me wonder, why don't they use Allah's, Mohammad's, or Buddha's name that way? 

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/22/2022 at 7:00 AM, Fancicoffee said:

Well, as a believer, I just don't get why nonbelievers won't even give it a chance, check out the Bible and God first and then make up their minds.  Some don't even want to check it out, they just blast the idea of the existence of God. Like there was an author that was an athiest and set out to prove there wasn't a God and he found God and has written a book all about that.  His name is Lee Strobbel.

In short, they know that if they do believe, it will require change. They fight against a creator that demands morality from his creation.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

Christ on the cross is offensive because it convicts the world of its immorality. People like their immorality and they don't want it exposed. People fight really hard to keep their sins from being exposed. They have all kinds of excuses of why they can't believe; even so, Christ on the cross sees the sins deep down in the heart an exposes the sins and causes a person to acknowledge that he or she is a sinner. Even if they don't admit that to another human. Deep down they know it is true.

The person who truly wants to see God and know him must do it through belief. Without believing he is who he says he is. . . no one will find him. It is only through faith that we will find him.

How we present the gospel is important. It is true that as believers, we carry an offensive message; no doubt about that. But we do NOT need to carry our offensive message offensively”. Yes, unbeliever's need to know what sin is and what it is not, but our “message” should not be all law, judgment, and condemnation before they can see and taste God's goodness and what God has in store for them.

It is important to choose our words and actions with care and compassion, well seasoned with tact and grace, so that they can see a side of Christianity they've never experienced.

Colossians 4:2-3
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ,

Colossians 4:4
Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.

Colossians 4:6
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 2/26/2022 at 4:03 PM, Fancicoffee said:

I didn't realize that I need to know and show what I know when posting here.  I have been a Christian practically all my life and have studied a few topics concerning different areas of being a believer.  I thought I could just post something and discuss it here and do the same with others.  I did not know I had to do all the proof posting here.  Yes, I know about the resurrection and the different view points on it.  Thank you for your input.  

You can post  as you like here, I was refering to witnessing to non christins.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 2/20/2022 at 6:09 PM, Fancicoffee said:

I was on another board/forum, not a Christian forum.  Someone asked a question about Christianity and believing.  I looked over the comments and was shocked by their comments!  The unbelieving comments were from those that believe that the Bible is a farce or not worthy of believing in it.  I commented on a few but I felt as if I was talking to a wall.  They are seniors like me.  So, I basicly told them that the Bible is the true word of God and that eternity is real, and I stopped commenting.  

Its extremely powerful for someone to call the bible false and a farce, because it takes a developed spiritual mind to understand the texts. Only the Holy Spirit can help us understand the texts. I spoke to someone before and got frustrated because he was asking me about everything in the bible, i stopped debating with him and started teaching him. The best thing to do is seek the Holy Spirit, because even if you taught someone the whole bible it wouldnt change the level of their faith. 

• This is Worthy 1