• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Diaste said:

It's always been this way. With advent of the wide influence of social media it's just more noticeable. Added to that is the fear generating properties of this globally instantaneous flow of 'information'. It's no wonder people freak out when they have no hope in Christ and no foundation of real truth in the Holy Spirit. 

Exactly.  It's how the crop is brought to maturity, how the body of Christ attains the unity of the faith.  As global "situations" are presented, everyone is responding in a manner that reflects where their treasures are.  Who hopes in this world and who has the blessed hope of eternal life in Christ?  Who trusts God and who trusts deceivers?  It's a process and it will continue until the harvest is ready.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

17 hours ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

I think those who think this will be in for a real surprise, but that is my opinion. 

I don't know why many people think this? If we are in the time period concerned, then it stands to reason we will be seeing this new system emerge. 

Rev 13:7 doesn't seem to register with some high-profile preachers who deny the presence of Christians on earth during the 42 Power Months of the Beast.

Rev 13:4-5  And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?  (5)  And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Rev 13:6-10  (6)  Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.  (7)  It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.  (8)  All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.  (9)  If anyone has an ear, let him hear.  (10)  He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99

9 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Rev 13:7 doesn't seem to register with some high-profile preachers who deny the presence of Christians on earth during the 42 Power Months of the Beast.

Rev 13:4-5  And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?  (5)  And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Rev 13:6-10  (6)  Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.  (7)  It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them.

Oh that's tribulation saints. They aren't real saints like the church at large. Real saints are taken in a rapture so secret it can't even be found in scripture. 

Tribulation saints have to suffer the wrath of God when there's no Holy Spirit on earth since He's gone to heaven with most holy and perfectly righteous group on earth, the Christian Church. ¡

9 hours ago, Michael37 said:

And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.  (8)  All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.  (9)  If anyone has an ear, let him hear.  (10)  He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Real saints are taken in a rapture so secret it can't even be found in scripture. 

. . . and this gem is authenicated how and by whom?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Just to side track a little, let us look at the 7 headed beast with 10 horns. Notice that at some point there is a reference to a head wound, and it was healed. 

I have on the odd occasion have heard opinions that the 7 headed beast could be what we know as the G7 (Group of Seven). I have at times wondered this myself. 

If you do a bit of research, at some point in time, the G7 was called the G6, which is interesting as at the time, instead of Germany we know as today, it was West Germany back then (and if people recall when the Berlin Wall came down, Germany became whole again). 

Anyways if you look at the G7 very carefully, you will notice there is the EU, so even though there is a total of 8 members, it is still referred to as the G7 (there is a reason for this)

So this also got me thinking on that verse from Rev 17.11

Why in Rev 17.11, is the "eighth" part of the seven, but not part of eight? There must be a reason for this. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99

7 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

. . . and this gem is authenicated how and by whom?

It's not. It can't be.

It's not found in scripture. It's just popular. I was being sarcastic for effect. 

I guess I failed. :)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Diaste said:

It's not. It can't be.

It's not found in scripture. It's just popular. I was being sarcastic for effect. 

I get it. I think you were referring to this pre-rapture belief am I correct? How there are those who believe they won't be present when things get real bad?

Edited by The_Truth_Seeker

9 hours ago, Diaste said:

It's not. It can't be.

Yes, I wanted to be sure you were pouring cold water on the unfounded claims in question. Glad to have that confirmed.

9 hours ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

I get it. I think you were referring to this pre-rapture belief am I correct? How there are those who believe they won't be present when things get real bad?

The good thing we can be sure of, no saints will worship the beast in any way, neither honouring its image nor receiving its mark.

Only those whose names are NOT written in the Lamb's Book of Life will worship the beast as described.

Rev 13:8  All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

Why in Rev 17.11, is the "eighth" part of the seven, but not part of eight? There must be a reason for this. 

Aside from present day speculations, the numerical quality of an eighth that is of the seven means seven individually counted entities are in combination, thus an eighth entity arises from seven regional entities to become one global entity possessing all their previously manifested properties and powers plus whatever their sum total has the potential for. 

I put these lists together based on the spiritual conflicts presented in Scripture. The eighth empire incorporates the seven and goes to perdition. 

Seven Features Seven Failings Seven Elements Seven Empires
Eyes Lust Slavery Egypt
Mouth Gluttony Military Assyria
Ears Greed Morality Babylon
Nose Sloth Legality Medo-Persia
Nerves Wrath Philosophy Greece
Brain Envy Policy Political Rome
Energy Pride Deity Papal Rome