IGNORED

are the jws getting aggressive where you live?

ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

I have noticed for awhile that the Jehovah witnesses are getting real pushy in my state. Beyond going door to door, they were hanging outside of libraries with all sorts of big posters and hiding their name. You had to look at the fine print to see the website and figure out who they were. 

Today I just got a phone call on a private line that only my family has the number to (it is for my elderly parents to get ahold of me any time as an emergency). I was invited to a jw presentation and told they would continue to contact me. 

Has anyone else noticed more aggressive/assertive behavior from them?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,152
  • Content Per Day:  4.58
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jadey

I have not but this would not be the place for them to do so. However I have heard that is true from a dear friend who has escaped the cult for the Love of Jesus! Halleluyah

When she was Born Again she was shunned by the JW org. All friends & most of her family ... The family that speaks to her mentioned lots of JW meeting halls going up and mad recruiting

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,855
  • Content Per Day:  8.05
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

well if you were working for heaven ... how hard would you try... 

Matthew 7:21 (KJV)

[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I havent seen or even talked to one in years. Havent had a mormon at my door either since i pulled 2 of their missionaries out of a snowdrift well over a decade ago. Course now that i said that theyll probably start flooding my door lol.

If they do, Ill blame you.

• Haha 2

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,298
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I have noticed for awhile that the Jehovah witnesses are getting real pushy in my state. Beyond going door to door, they were hanging outside of libraries with all sorts of big posters and hiding their name. You had to look at the fine print to see the website and figure out who they were. 

Today I just got a phone call on a private line that only my family has the number to (it is for my elderly parents to get ahold of me any time as an emergency). I was invited to a jw presentation and told they would continue to contact me. 

They used to leave their watchtower tracts at my gate several times a year many years ago.
Then I started to invite them under the shade for discussion. Back then they worked in pairs, a novice and a leader.
At first I just listened politely. I picked up on their technique of switching back and forth to whoever
had the best answers to my polite questions. I decided to go on the offensive.

It revolved around their bible not the same as Christians, and caught them quoting John 1, 1.
As they explicitly deny the deity of Christ, their bible changed John 1, 1 to say Jesus is (a) God, but not God.
I compared my bible to theirs while talking to the novice and showed him the difference.
The leader immediately took the novice and left. He couldn't handle the truth, not let the novice see it either..

Blind leading the blind. Haven't seen any of them since. But perhaps a seed was planted.
I've seen a blade of grass sprouting up through the middle of an asphalt highway.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.74
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

10 minutes ago, Sower said:

They used to leave their watchtower tracts at my gate several times a year many years ago.
Then I started to invite them under the shade for discussion. Back then they worked in pairs, a novice and a leader.
At first I just listened politely. I picked up on their technique of switching back and forth to whoever
had the best answers to my polite questions. I decided to go on the offensive.

It revolved around their bible not the same as Christians, and caught them quoting John 1, 1.
As they explicitly deny the deity of Christ, their bible changed John 1, 1 to say Jesus is (a) God, but not God.
I compared my bible to theirs while talking to the novice and showed him the difference.
The leader immediately took the novice and left. He couldn't handle the truth, not let the novice see it either..

Blind leading the blind. Haven't seen any of them since. But perhaps a seed was planted.
I've seen a blade of grass sprouting up through the middle of an asphalt highway.

Hopefully so

i don’t know if it changed but aren’t they required to log a quota of hours per week trying to recruit?

I heard a story of a handler that collected the logs that chastised a women for not getting her hours because she was in labor, he said she should have been trying to recruit while in the hospital 

since COVID I’m not sure if they lessened the quota, but now that the mandates have been lifted it may be a reason for the increase?

or the times with Ukrainian conflict and the people’s fear of war might push the JWS to try to capitalize on people’s fears?

I haven’t noticed any new activity here though and the last time I ran into Mormons was when I was in Utah back in the 80s I met a girl cleaning our room and she wanted to hang out, so I met her mom who did a genealogy for the Mormon church

all I did was give her my name…. Didn’t think anything afterwards

6 months later I get a letter from this girl, asking me if I wanted to move to Utah from Virginia 😱 to live with them ( she had my address and full profile from just my name) 

thats kinda creepy.. but the Mormons aren’t very active here 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  10,556
  • Content Per Day:  7.15
  • Days Won:  100

4 hours ago, The_Patriot21 said:

I havent seen or even talked to one in years. Havent had a mormon at my door either since i pulled 2 of their missionaries out of a snowdrift well over a decade ago. Course now that i said that theyll probably start flooding my door lol.

If they do, Ill blame you.

I think the Mormons changed their MO. As far as I know, they invade only by appointment. 

I haven't spotted JWs in years, but this might have something to do with where I live (and work). This isn't a tranquil example of suburbia. Nope. Pretty rough in this part of the city.

I consider encounters with Mormons and JWs as a wonderful opportunity to do the Lord's work. Now that I think about it, I spotted a pair of Mormon missionaries about six months ago in this area. I could tell they were Mormons on account of how they dressed. They must have been invited to a place around here.

Here's what was different: they arrived in an automobile. That's the first time I've seen that. In the past they would ride bicycles.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,167
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

I think the Mormons changed their MO. As far as I know, they invade only by appointment. 

I haven't spotted JWs in years, but this might have something to do with where I live (and work). This isn't a tranquil example of suburbia. Nope. Pretty rough in this part of the city.

I consider encounters with Mormons and JWs as a wonderful opportunity to do the Lord's work. Now that I think about it, I spotted a pair of Mormon missionaries about six months ago in this area. I could tell they were Mormons on account of how they dressed. They must have been invited to a place around here.

Here's what was different: they arrived in an automobile. That's the first time I've seen that. In the past they would ride bicycles.

Your description sounds like my "sketchy" neighborhood. It still has the reputation even though its been cleaned up for years. 25 years ago it was really bad. The sketchy rep is a good thing: it keeps the rents down. Rent prices in this valley are insane at the corporate places with some jacking their rents up $400/mo on a lease renewal all in one go.

Anyway: I think I've been put on the JWs, Mormons, and other groups' "do not knock on this guy's door" list because I kept witnessing to the folks that would come by. I've seen the Mormons here cruising the 'hood on bikes but I've seen them in cars too. They may have gotten tired of having the bikes get stolen. (Nothing will disappear faster than a decent bicycle in this town, locked or not!)  :laugh:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  10,556
  • Content Per Day:  7.15
  • Days Won:  100

1 hour ago, walla299 said:

Your description sounds like my "sketchy" neighborhood. It still has the reputation even though its been cleaned up for years. 25 years ago it was really bad. The sketchy rep is a good thing: it keeps the rents down. Rent prices in this valley are insane at the corporate places with some jacking their rents up $400/mo on a lease renewal all in one go.

Anyway: I think I've been put on the JWs, Mormons, and other groups' "do not knock on this guy's door" list because I kept witnessing to the folks that would come by. I've seen the Mormons here cruising the 'hood on bikes but I've seen them in cars too. They may have gotten tired of having the bikes get stolen. (Nothing will disappear faster than a decent bicycle in this town, locked or not!)  :laugh:

I have a saying regarding this part of town where the Lord sent me:

If it were possible to steal paint off of pavement, the parking lots would be barren.

I have witnessed what happens to bicycles that are left outdoors; nothing but a frame chained to a metal pole is all that remains. This is why I urge our clients who acquire bicycles to keep their bikes inside of their units. This is "smash and grab" central. It's also part of a greater area (the southeast) where 90% of the violent crime in this city takes place, which is why you won't find Jehovah's Witnesses out and about. The bullets fly sometimes... I've had a few zing by my balcony. 

This is precisely where I should be. :)   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/08/1970

14 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I have not noticed that in my area and there is a Kingdom Hall not too far from where I live.

The discussions I've had in the past with JW's have been friendly and very nice people and they have not forced themselves on me, I must say the truth.