IGNORED

First Resurrection, is it of Time Place or Rank?

DeighAnn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  11

1 hour ago, DeighAnn said:

I believe 'the dead' are 'the dead in Christ' that rise when Christ returns AT THE BEGINNING.  They remain Spiritually dead.  Then they stand in judgment and hopefully over the 1000 years have managed to get their names written into the book of life so instead of Lake of Fire they resurrect to immortality.  

The 'dead in Christ' that rise when He returns is 'the resurrection of the just and unjust'  -  we just don't know where they will fall until the end and judgment comes.  

D, I know we may differ somewhat in our conclusions of the end times, but what I have posted are my notes from the reverse MAP.  They align perfectly with scripture, in my estimation.  But hey, who knows?:)

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I am glad I read all of @AdHoc detailed explanations. I was about to chime in and plagiarize his thoughts. I view it the same, with minor exceptions. 

The second resurrection has not been addressed yet, which will bring terror and trembling to all there. 

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The way I view it, the second death will occur at the second resurrection and only one-second resurrection at the end of the millennium. I think this happens here also: Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

I also suspect this will happen about the same time frame: 1 Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

The lost, the enemies of God, those who rejected the free gift of Salvation, Satan and his minions (will die like men, Ps. 82:6-7), will be bodily resurrected at the Great White Throne judgment at the end of the millennium. They will be judged and thrown into the Lake of Fire, this is the second death. I believe this is also the second resurrection culminating in the second death. 

As AdHoc explained, there are multiple first resurrections according to order. He did an excellent and orderly job explaining everything. Reading and interpreting scripture with this view makes the most sense to me. 

6 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I am glad I read all of @AdHoc detailed explanations. I was about to chime in and plagiarize his thoughts. I view it the same, with minor exceptions. 

The second resurrection has not been addressed yet, which will bring terror and trembling to all there. 

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

The way I view it, the second death will occur at the second resurrection and only one-second resurrection at the end of the millennium. I think this happens here also: Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

I also suspect this will happen about the same time frame: 1 Corinthians 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

The lost, the enemies of God, those who rejected the free gift of Salvation, Satan and his minions (will die like men, Ps. 82:6-7), will be bodily resurrected at the Great White Throne judgment at the end of the millennium. They will be judged and thrown into the Lake of Fire, this is the second death. I believe this is also the second resurrection culminating in the second death. 

As AdHoc explained, there are multiple first resurrections according to order. He did an excellent and orderly job explaining everything. Reading and interpreting scripture with this view makes the most sense to me. 

Did you read my post, Dennis? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Selah7 said:

Did you read my post, Dennis? 

Hello Selah,

Yes, I did. I am a little dense and may not understand your thoughts and timing correctly? Do you think as I do, the book of Revelation is written in chronological order, with parenthetical chapters inserted? That might help me discern your thoughts, timing, and comments a little better. 

I express my views and understanding of scripture and events, in this instance, my views mirror AdHoc. That is not to say I have the correct view and interpretation of anything and I may be wrong? It is nice to compare notes so to speak, and discuss our opinions and reason it out together. I am not out to change anyone's view, what if I am wrong. I consider and think about opposing views and consider them as well. I am at the bottom of the barrel in intelligence, so it behooves me to pay attention to what others have to offer with their own views.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.63
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, AdHoc said:

Hi DeighAnn. Nice to meet again.

If I may, I would like to answer your query this way. I would like you to answer a question. Even if you don't give me the answer, answer it for yourself. The question is; "Do you know some Christians who are sinful, slothful, lukewarm and fleshly?" That is, they have believed in, and called on the Name of Jesus. They go the Church. They pray. But they slip into bed with their neighbor, don't pay their taxes, get drunk regularly and love money. I not only know Christians who do these things, but if I'm not on my constant guard, I am apt to fail the same way. I mean - who doesn't like to be famous? Who doesn't get jealous now and again? Who says no to more money?

If you know such people, they are a disgrace to the name of the Lord. But you might say; "They were never Christians anyway!" Let's be blunt. One of our heroes - Peter - an APOSTLE and Elder of the Church in Jerusalem, is accused by Paul of "misrepresenting the gospel" (Gal.2). He was eating an drinking with other Christians from the Nations when some fellow Jews - also Christians - came along. Peter quickly left their company FOR FEAR! Now, Peter's Christianity is never called into question. He even raised a girl from the dead. And in the end he too was martyred. So it is clearly possible for a very good Christian to slump and return to sloth and worldliness, cowardice and self-reliance.

Do you think that they will sit on thrones alongside Paul? Do you think they will wear a crown when Jesus comes? Do you think that our Lord Jesus was pleased with the seven Churches of Revelation? Do you think that a slothful Christian who gets falling down drunk every Friday night will sit next to Elijah in the Wedding Feast of Christ?

Answer these honestly for YOURSELF, and then decide if every Christian you know will be in the "FIRST" (in importance) resurrection.

Note;

1. I do not dispute their salvation by faith - salvation from the Lake of Fire
  2. I do not dispute that this salvation was a free gift
  3. I do not dispute that they are Christians
  4. I do not dispute that God loves them
  5. I do not dispute that they are children of God by rebirth

But I do dispute that all Christians, whatever they DO AFTER SALVATION, will not be equally treated at the Judgment Seat of Christ (Rom.14:10, 2nd Cor.5:10)

Here is what I believe will happen.  

When these 'Christians' die, they will either find themselves being taken to heaven to meet the Lord, or they will find themselves stuck in the earth waiting for the day Christ returns and they rise up in the resurrection of the just and the unjust and at the end of the 1000 years, we will know if their name is written in the book of life or they will go into the lake of fire.  

MY ONLY JOB is to plant the seed and to warn.  I am not to monitor or push.  I plant the seed GOD does the watering and I have no idea what parts of their flesh may be 'hinky' that may cause the 'unchristianlike' behavior that is seen.  

I do think there are going to be a lot more naked people walking around than well dressed, but what is in their 'hearts' that is GODS SERVANT, not mine but because I will be judged with the way I judge others, you can bet I am all about giving a bit more leeway than GOD does.  

I don't believe GOD has changed at all.  I don't think God will be mocked.  Here is what brings me peace

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Hebrews 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

EXAMPLE  You and are were given 10 talents.  Our friends were given 2.  There is a reason for this.  You and I need to be more careful than our friends.  

If it seems like I keep being done it is because I am and then before I hit send well another thought hits.  I don't think Christians give enough thought to this  (and yes, there is another side I am aware of being taught,  but I can read and comprehend just like an other child)  

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Hebrews 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Hebrews 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit,

Hebrews 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

Hebrews 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 6:7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

Hebrews 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Hebrews 6:9 But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

Hebrews 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

Hebrews 6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

So, WHAT DO YOU THINK?

6 hours ago, Selah7 said:

Hiya, you.  It’s me again!:)

I say there’s only one first resurrection, and this first resurrection is of the just and it takes place at the same time and place.  This happens on the Lord’s Day.  Now I need to research the scriptures for my deductions.  Be back . . .

When you say only one, of the just, and on the Lords day, could you tell me how you view this? 

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Matthew 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose.

Do you believe that the work on the Cross changed anything about death and dying?   Is there a difference between dying 'under the law' and 'under grace'? 

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

When Christ returns we read 

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Revelation 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Revelation 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

Revelation 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

Revelation 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him that sat on the horse, and against His army.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Revelation 19:21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of His mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Did you notice that from kings all the way down to the small and all in between are killed, and that if any 'escape' (the remnant) they are slain also?

If none of the 'dead' rise when Christ returns, THEN who will we be 'priests' for and who will we judge and reign over for the next 1000 years?  

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Do you think as I do, the book of Revelation is written in chronological order, with parenthetical chapters inserted?

The way I understand it, the Seals (knowledge of how it all goes down in the end) are not in chronological order.  They’re in the order of importance.  Take Revelation 6:2, for example.  This is the antichrist that comes riding in on a white horse pretending to be Jesus.  This is important to know because folks will be deceived if they don’t know that the antichrist comes first.  Many will think it’s the true Christ returning and will end up worshiping the antichrist (great apostasy).

Now I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals; and I heard one of the four living creatures saying with a voice like thunder, "Come and see." And I looked, and behold, a white horse. He who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

- Revelation 6:1-2

1 hour ago, DeighAnn said:
7 hours ago, Selah7 said:

Hiya, you.  It’s me again!:)

I say there’s only one first resurrection, and this first resurrection is of the just and it takes place at the same time and place.  This happens on the Lord’s Day.  Now I need to research the scriptures for my deductions.  Be back . . .

When you say only one, of the just, and on the Lords day, could you tell me how you view this? 

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

Matthew 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose.

Do you believe that the work on the Cross changed anything about death and dying?   Is there a difference between dying 'under the law' and 'under grace'? 

D, I’ll have to get back with you on this tomorrow, okay?  D4ED1234-C3B4-4A41-8D56-FBA862EF4489.gif.000faa07c628a385e0232918f1cd52be.gif

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

7 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

First resurrection.  Does it take place just once?  or many times?  Is it of the just and the unjust or do they have separate times and places.  

Once, after the Second Coming, the saints are resurrected and taken to heaven. 

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 King James Version

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Then the wicked after the thousand years..

1. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

2. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.