Are abortions really that bad?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I know the knee jerk reaction would be to say yes but.. I just think of a friend of mine who has a child and i kinda feel guilty bc i kinda talked her into keeping the baby. Hes a lovely boy but shes in an abusive situation and bc of it her mental health deteriorated so much. In and out od hospitals. She cant really work or take care of baby without the help of her abuser. 

She couldnt do adoption bc he wanted the baby and wouodnt let her. He also has rights. I just wonder if God understands abortion in cases like these. 

Sometimes i wonder if i did the right thing. 

I myself am also overwhelmed with mt own kids. Idk there isnt specific scripture on it. 

• Praying! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,074
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  240
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Sorry  but I agree with monicawife ... She chose to get pregnant the baby didnt chose to die ( as he would have if she had aborted /murdered him )  There is always a way out of an abusive situation but you have to WANT to leave the abuser  ( I know I was married to a very abusive man for over 10 years and it took him almost killing me and putting our children in danger for me to know I needed to get out ) I understand that different countries have different organisations but there is always someone that can help be it a social service type of organisation, a church or a voluntary organisation. If she can prove the abuse she can get help from the police BUT at the end of the day she has to WANT to leave the situation the baby has no choice and has to rely on her 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

I know that people sometimes get into situations where abortion seems to be the lesser evil. And it's difficult then to judge them, especially when it's too late for the better solutions (such as contraception) to be applied.

But there always is a better solution. And although your friend's situation may be desperate now, there's always potential to change it. She can get out... if she really wants to, and if she seeks help. Perhaps you can encourage her to get help?

Many years ago, I met a lady who had been on her way to the clinic to have an abortion when she was involved in a car accident and ended up in hospital. By the time she was fit enough again to have the abortion, it was too late... so she went on to have the baby. But it was as a result of having that baby that she met the man who later became her husband - so in the end God turned it all to good.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,786
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I know the knee jerk reaction would be to say yes but.. I just think of a friend of mine who has a child and i kinda feel guilty bc i kinda talked her into keeping the baby. Hes a lovely boy but shes in an abusive situation and bc of it her mental health deteriorated so much. In and out od hospitals. She cant really work or take care of baby without the help of her abuser. 

She couldnt do adoption bc he wanted the baby and wouodnt let her. He also has rights. I just wonder if God understands abortion in cases like these. 

I myself am also overwhelmed with mt own kids. Idk there isnt specific scripture on it. 

All I can tell you is that it is better to save life than to destroy it, and if you can find a way especially for a child, it means a lot especially with so many trying to adopt. There has to be someone that you can reach out to, friend, teacher, minister, family or counselor, that can help in these kind of situations and that opening must be taken when possible or any opportunity to save a life.

Edited by Hobie_
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,717
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Maybe the childs being raised in a bad situation....but at least the child has a chance to grow up and grow out of it. A chance that wouldnt be there if the childs parents decided to murder it.

And theres always a way out of abusive relationships. It just takes the victim having the courage to do so.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

The killing of innocent human beings is not justified under any situation. 

She needs to get out of  the abusive situation, and anyone who does not want to have kids when married should use protection.

We create a lot of problems by doing the wrong things, marrying the wrong people. But there is no way in hell the Innocent little baby should die to cover our mistakes.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,979
  • Content Per Day:  5.39
  • Days Won:  45
  • Birthday:  01/25/1961

Abortion - the killing of a child is never a viable solution.  She needs to get out of that abusive situation.  There are shelters out there for women that are being abused.  Get her to seek help from professionals.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

16 hours ago, Deborah_ said:

I know that people sometimes get into situations where abortion seems to be the lesser evil. And it's difficult then to judge them, especially when it's too late for the better solutions (such as contraception) to be applied.

But there always is a better solution. And although your friend's situation may be desperate now, there's always potential to change it. She can get out... if she really wants to, and if she seeks help. Perhaps you can encourage her to get help?

Many years ago, I met a lady who had been on her way to the clinic to have an abortion when she was involved in a car accident and ended up in hospital. By the time she was fit enough again to have the abortion, it was too late... so she went on to have the baby. But it was as a result of having that baby that she met the man who later became her husband - so in the end God turned it all to good.

Thats a beautiful ending. I hope the swme happens for her. Shes just really struggling with schizophrenia. 

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  08/08/1970

On 4/11/2022 at 4:18 AM, Figure of eighty said:

What kind of question is this?

Of course it’s that bad, the killing of an innocent child, whoever commits this crime is doomed to hell!

• Thumbs Up 1