• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

The Lord was clear regarding what walking with Him would be like…..losing here and gaining there and tribulation and persecution., etc. Why? Because we are different.

:-)

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

I think this is interesting. One man had a vision he went into the future. This man was here before any of the tech.I should revisit the link for more clarity, anyway this man said people in the future will get around in little eggs that drive themselves. 

Elon Musk announced work on a new Tesla that will cost 5k and will not have any driver controls.No steering wheel.

Is this scripture? No not unless you want to read about God giving men dreams and visions.

We are headed into a drastically different world.A world where a man who lived only 40 years ago won't recognize it. 

Advances in tech or the "increase in knowledge" the Bible predicted.

A decline in morality "as in the days of Noah"

Since these changes happen slowly we roll with it and don't think much about it. After all, a new normal is still a normal. This is why people will be carrying on "business as usual" and be unaware the end is so very near, be caught unprepared and go into an eternity to meet a God who will require a reckoning. If He doesn't see the blood it's going to be bad- very bad 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.25
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Its a dark place to set up shop….unhealthy…spritually.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Philippians 4:8

Edited by B-B
  • Thumbs Up 2

For the last hundred years or so, there has been little change tech wise….just expansions on themes.

Think about it.

This had not negated the advances.Changes have affected us in BIG ways in only the last 20 or 30 years 

Advances are advances. In addition, there are totally new things not heard of before.

Little change in tech? Look at a 1955 Chevy Bel Air. Now look at a 2022 Corvette Z.

15 minutes ago, B-B said:

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Philippians 4:8

I suppose it can be unhealthy if we dwelled on and worried about it.

I don't.:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.25
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Starise said:

I suppose it can be unhealthy if we dwelled on and worried about it.

I agree

1 minute ago, Starise said:

I don't.:)

Brill 😊

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Starise said:

This had not negated the advances.Changes have affected us in BIG ways in only the last 20 or 30 years 

Advances are advances. In addition, there are totally new things not heard of before.

Little change in tech? Look at a 1955 Chevy Bel Air. Now look at a 2022 Corvette Z.

Excellent illustration of my point. Still a motor and wheels.

There is always an increase in knowledge and people have always run to and fro.

If the Lord tarries, as we say, 100 years from now folks will have thesame conversations. I have been alive long enough for some perspective.

:-)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

55 minutes ago, Starise said:

This usually isn't an opinions based argument "just because".

There is the small matter of details such as Israel reuniting as a nation and the timetable often associated with it.

Jerusalem is restored to Israel, 1967. This is a firm point that shows where we are in the timeline.

The identification of the restoration of Jerusalem in prophecy reveals other details surrounding the event.

This is a different approach to the timeline from the centuries old timelines. They had to speculate if Jerusalem would be restored.

Now the question is, where does it show in the Revelation that Jerusalem is restored?

Whether we will live to see the final outcomes is anyone's guess. We are told to be vigilant and watchful.

Yes

For anyone who has been around awhile it is clear some of those prophetic words are coming to fruition.

The restoration of Jerusalem is what is different now. 

Knowledge is increasing,people are running to and fro,men's hearts are growing cold overall.

But these happen all the time, throughout history. 

I feel that we are getting much closer in looking at those birthing pangs. Christian persecution is said to be higher now than it has ever been.

Souls from the Roman Empire and the reformation may disagree with you.

So called conspiracy theories aside, I have concluded we must be getting close in looking at only the bible.

Brother, it is happening in front of us. The trouble is, that the majority are believing some centuries old timelines.

How anyone could conclude there haven't been many recent changes that seem to be ramping this up is interesting. How bad does it need to get before we see it?

Jerusalem will fall.

======

Let me try to explain about the prophecy timeline. We should always be open to different viewpoints as we learn, as things are revealed. 

In this case, the old timelines are broken like glass on the floor. Then the events are picked up one by one and reconsidered as to where they are placed in the timeline.

This is the hard part, trying to remove all the previous perceptions about the events and old timelines. Trying to get a completely new perception or consideration. Most people seem to hold on to what their teachers have said and automatically dismiss other ideas.

=====

Suppose, that there was someone who did know when Jesus was coming.

What could that person say or do to convince you that what they were telling you was true?

How would you know?

What is it that they could say that would convince you?

--

Not really ;) :) referring to Alive's comment.

In the last 100 years as compared to the last 5000 years knowledge has EXPONENTIALLY increased. I could show it with multiple sources. In only 50 years we went from land line rotary dial phones to wireless pocket computers you can pay your bills on and wrist watches that receive texts.

If the condition spoken of in scripture was an "always" sort of thing, there would have been no need to mention it as a pointer to future events at all.

Knowledge continues to increase exponentially. We may not agree but I think this is one indicator we are nearing the last days. I don't dare set a date or time, but if it's getting warm we might be getting close to the oven.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 1