• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

I periodically encounter Christians who are convinced Christ will return in their lifetime. That's OK as long as they don't give me an earbashing on the subject. Those who do emphatically advise me that Christ will return in their lifetime usually do so with a list of reasons and an earnest expectation that tends to to mark them as somewhat intense, even fanatical, in my estimation.

Of course I agree that as Christians we are to be ready for Christ's Return, that it is to be regarded as imminent, but as for being convinced it will happen in my lifetime, I'm just not that sure, and the record shows many in history have set dates, and been convinced of His Return in their lifetime only to be proved wrong. 

I came across this obviously defunct claim at the link below:

Quote:

Jesus will return on March 5, 2014!

The Date Jesus Will Return is Finally Revealed! (redeeminggod.com)

If you enjoy satire you might want to read the article.

• Thanks 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Yup…related to this is the constsnt looking at current events, news, etc. and being obsessed with it. Far too many make it their living. I am convinced it is a distraction.

Watch, Occupy and Trust. I was talking with a brother about this yesterday and we were connecting all of the conspiracy theories to it…the reset, plandemic, etc.

Its a dark place to set up shop….unhealthy…spritually.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.25
  • Days Won:  2

53 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Of course I agree that as Christians we are to be ready for Christ's Return, that it is to be regarded as imminent, but as for being convinced it will happen in my lifetime, I'm just not that sure,

Yes..I agree

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Every day we are getting closer to his return,  but we are not supposed to know ( nor can we know ) the day of his return. I believe it will be within the next 50 years ( I believe that is supported by scripture ) but that doesn't mean I know the day or even year. Regardless I think the point is not try to figure it out,  but to make sure each day is meaningful and for his glory. Live each day as if he " will " come back today. Eventually you will be right. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

This usually isn't an opinions based argument "just because".

There is the small matter of details such as Israel reuniting as a nation and the timetable often associated with it. 

Whether we will live to see the final outcomes is anyone's guess. We are told to be vigilant and watchful.

For anyone who has been around awhile it is clear some of those prophetic words are coming to fruition.Knowledge is increasing,people are running to and fro,men's hearts are growing cold overall.

I feel that we are getting much closer in looking at those birthing pangs. Christian persecution is said to be higher now than it has ever been.

So called conspiracy theories aside, I have concluded we must be getting close in looking at only the bible.

How anyone could conclude there haven't been many recent changes that seem to be ramping this up is interesting. How bad does it need to get before we see it?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, Starise said:

How bad does it need to get before we see it?

If we do some reading of early Roman and Greek events, we might see that it was so horrible that we just cannot even talk about it. It was inhumane in an epic sense.  It was so very nasty that I doubt many can read of it without feeling quite sick.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, Justin Adams said:

If we do some reading of early Roman and Greek events, we might see that it was so horrible that we just cannot even talk about it. It was inhumane in an epic sense.  It was so very nasty that I doubt many can read of it without feeling quite sick.

Yup….history has been far worse and I am not at all convinced any current events have anything to do with prophecy especially as it relates to the nation state of Israel.

He ducks for cover.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.47
  • Days Won:  1

My bet is most people won't realize the time before it happens. I expect it will be like the days of Noah. Everyone going about thier everyday lives. Then all the sudden the rains came and took them all away. That's what happens when you don't pay attention. 

Pay close attention. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

8 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

I believe the difference is we have more things "clicking" into place as foretold.

Atrocity,cruelty and violence have always been with us I agree.

• Thumbs Up 2