BeyondET

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.42
  • Content Count:  2,097
  • Content Per Day:  2.57
  • Days Won:  5

By the way, I've read that 19 children got killed, and 3 adults including the killer (?), and that the police stood outside the school for about one hour not doing anything (?). 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, MonicaWife said:

Yes, I agree with you there. In Norway 🇳🇴 it is not allowed to wear or own a gun or weapon or something like that, unless you are a hunter, soldier or a policeman etc. 

Nevertheless, there will always be a few who go against this law, but I personally believe that if everyone was allowed to have a weapon, we would have more shooting and violence here. 

I know that many in the USA 🇺🇸 disagree with me, but that is alright. 😊 I guess it has something to do with the difference in our culture here? 

I totally agree with you Monica. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Guns are ok for the military, law enforcement and hunting. 

Read the article and learn they are good for most people.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Surprised to see this in the papers.

"'This is why we need the 2nd amendment!' Mystery woman is hailed as a hero for using legally-owned pistol to kill criminal armed with an AR-15-style rifle at a graduation party a day after Uvalde school shooting"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10865783/West-Virginia-woman-praised-

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,183
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  98

On 5/28/2022 at 2:16 PM, MonicaWife said:

By the way, I've read that 19 children got killed, and 3 adults including the killer (?), and that the police stood outside the school for about one hour not doing anything (?). 

The story has been a confused mess, sister. I've been keeping track of this and based upon what I read from a police spokesman, an officer in charge believed that the shooter had barricaded himself in one of the classrooms but this wasn't true. 

There are conflicting narratives out there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/28/2022 at 1:10 PM, MonicaWife said:

Yes, I agree with you there. In Norway 🇳🇴 it is not allowed to wear or own a gun or weapon or something like that, unless you are a hunter, soldier or a policeman etc. 

Nevertheless, there will always be a few who go against this law, but I personally believe that if everyone was allowed to have a weapon, we would have more shooting and violence here. 

I know that many in the USA 🇺🇸 disagree with me, but that is alright. 😊 I guess it has something to do with the difference in our culture here? 

I don't think so. It has to do with money and politics, my friend. Guns are big business here, and their ownership has been spun as a God-given right. This keeps laws favorable to the gun retailers in the United States. Follow the money.

I agree with you. I don't own any firearms and I have no need of them. I trust in the Lord, not steel. :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

16 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I don't think so. It has to do with money and politics, my friend. Guns are big business here, and their ownership has been spun as a God-given right. This keeps laws favorable to the gun retailers in the United States. Follow the money.

I agree with you. I don't own any firearms and I have no need of them. I trust in the Lord, not steel. :)

I own two pistols.  I also have my grandfather's squirrel rifles.  I don't hunt, but he did and a lot of people I know hunt for deer and squirrel.  They eat them.  Put them in the freezer to eat later and/or share.

I trust in the Lord, too.  To me, that has nothing to do with my firearms.  To each his own opinion.

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

I own two pistols.  I also have my grandfather's squirrel rifles.  I don't hunt, but he did and a lot of people I know hunt for deer and squirrel.  They eat them.  Put them in the freezer to eat later and/or share.

I trust in the Lord, too.  To me, that has nothing to do with my firearms.  To each his own opinion.

Ok.

On 5/30/2022 at 3:41 AM, Jayne said:

So why do you have weapons if you don't hunt, and say that you trust in the LORD? I just can't comprehend it. 😊 

On 5/30/2022 at 3:41 AM, Jayne said:

I wish someone could hunt for the squirrels around here too, and I would gladly eat them! 😅

I think they are kind of funny, but only when they are in the forest, and not on the outer side of the house walls, on the roof or even "between the walls" (?)!!!