Blind dating

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,306
  • Content Per Day:  7.10
  • Days Won:  99

I had the distinct pleasure of working alongside a brother in the Lord on construction projects for a few years, @Michael37. During our time on scaffolding way up there in the nosebleed zone, he proceeded to rattle off the worst jokes I've heard in my life.

They were terrible. The jokes were so lame that one day, I found myself laughing about how bad they were. I've never been the same since. :laugh:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Sower said:

Well, I doubt she was hiding anything when he met her with her kids (as the picture shows). Perhaps she only wanted to see his reactions, good or bad. Her concern for her children may have been more important than just having a good time.

I don't know what it 'feels' like to be a single mom. I remember the overwhelming responsibility I had when I had three children that my wife and I were entrusted to raise. She did the vast majority of work/teaching them while I brought home the beans. It was great having a helpmate, but was also years of learning and work, and that was with two of us, not a single mom.

Perhaps this mom was actually looking for a man, a  real man who might enjoy having a ready made family whom he could love.
I met my wife on a blind date sort-of, when my cousin living with me had girlfriend come over to go swimming and had a friend with her, unknown to us. My future wife, whom I knew nothing about.
We were opposites, and fit together nicely. (50yrs, A Godsend-literally)

Online dating is only the result of today's social climate, screen time communication. No more face to face. (Like right now as I type, you only know what I reveal about myself, and what you try to read between the lines) Should we meet in actuality, your anticipated perception of my face and personality will probably be nothing like what you finally encounter.  And people want it right now, instant gratification, and get online dating services and can almost order a date from Amazon or E Bay.

I do not believe these people are that desperate.
But it is a socially accepted alternative to meet without the hassle of waiting/looking for Mr/Ms right, in person.

While i think his reaction is wrong. Shes wrong for hiding the kids. Let him see what hes getting  up front so he can decide before he starts to connect. Not every man or woman is keen on being a step parent and they have every right to

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

No, I got the joke. 

suuuure-okay.gif

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, The_Patriot21 said:

suuuure-okay.gif

Your girlfriend needs to put on some more clothes :26:

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,714
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

33 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Your girlfriend needs to put on some more clothes :26:

Actually, if that was my girlfriend she would need body armor as my wife knows where I keep my guns and how to use them. I'd likely need body armor as well.

• Haha 2

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,125
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

12 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

While i think his reaction is wrong. Shes wrong for hiding the kids. Let him see what hes getting  up front so he can decide before he starts to connect. Not every man or woman is keen on being a step parent and they have every right to

I agree.I had a tough enough time raising my own kids. Not that I wouldn't have given it a go in the right conditions.

A similar thing is prevalent  with older people who lost a spouse and are maybe looking at remarriage. The kids may have left the coup. That maternal connection never goes away and remains for the grand children. Children and grand children are often the main hub in a woman's life in older age. If you connect with someone like this you need to consider the whole package. The family connections come along with her.

This is why many older people don't necessarily want to start over again with another family will never remarry. I guess it all depends on the situation. Some older women will ignore their husbands to tend to their extended family. In that case, they should probably not have married the second time.

If priorities are correct, there shouldn't be a problem.

But yeah, I agree. The woman should make that clear up front and discussion of priorities should follow.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/26/2022 at 6:49 PM, creativemechanic said:

This is based on actual situations Ive heard of.

People agreeing to go on blind / online dates only to realise  upon meeting that the person hid some key details.

Either they have kids that they failed to mention, they may be still living with exes or their profile pics are older and dont reflect how they currently look- weight gain etc.

What do ou think of this and  what biblical principles can be applied

MOM.png

Where was the father of those toddlers ? Did she ever get married or had it from some boyfriends ? Sorry just asking did she ever knew their real father ? 

Marriage is very serious and once in a lifetime so people must be fully aware of both history. People have rights to ask questions  ! They don't buy snakes in a bag

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  248
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,330
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

5 hours ago, Slibhin said:

Do what I did and meet your spouse in grade 8. Saves time and energy.

id have to invent time travel and find a girl who liked me

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 6/26/2022 at 2:24 PM, The_Patriot21 said:

In order to go on a true blind date, doesn't at least one participant have to actually be blind?

First the Bible is literal and then symbolic. 

Matthew 11:5 "The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Our Head Linesman was dating girls on eHarmony. He had the girl sit in the stands and watch us officiate a ball game, then wait for us to get showered and dressed before inviting her in. I cannot imagine anything as insulting as being brought in to be judged by seven strangers before leaving on a date. The first girl was little heavy but not much. The following week, preparing for our game, I had to ask. "How's the dating going from EBay?" "eHarmony." "You are not fooling me, they are blue light specials from EBay." "No, eHarmony." "Have you ever dated one twice that has seen us?" "Not yet, they seem to shy away from this." 

I would take that as signal. Those girls have no interest in being judged by us. Maybe we should start bringing score cards and let her know how we think. 

He stopped bringing them into the locker room. 

• Thumbs Up 1