Starise

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,135
  • Content Per Day:  9.60
  • Days Won:  149

I dunno, I think someone here objected to music without lyrics. If you only want Christian music with lyrics please clarify. I am a Christian and this is music I make. I try to convey spiritual ideas through my music even if there are no lyrics. Maybe more of a feeling sometimes.

Music can convey ideas that sometimes are difficult to convey verbally. In any case if I were coming here for plays I would be sorely disappointed since this thread barely ever gets a tap or two. I don't do it for the attention but having some idea of affirmation in some of my gifts is nice. I would do it regardless though because i know it's part of what I should do.

I posted a few tracks over on a secular site that is very strict about removing anything religious or political on their forums. They will let songs with religious lyrics through so I see this as a point of ministry that might not otherwise have been. Interestingly people a lot more interest in my tracks from secular sites. I sometimes get the idea that most Christians want to stay in 1942 hymns and this is distressing to a musician who wants to make music NOW. I haven't been posting my tracks much of anywhere lately and really I know what the problem is. I should probably make a web site and charge per track for my music. Any time you give something away for free that's how people value it. The music biz online is really glutted now though and I probably would not get heard much regardless.

I post both lyric and non lyric music at times. In my wordless music I often want to put people in a place they like that feels other worldly, similar to a good fiction novel. "Celtic" music has a certain feel in some of it I like. I'm not talking about ITM though I make some of that too. I admit this tune has a lament feel to it, so not all are even similar.

Now I need to get on to something else, like shaving.

Edited by Starise
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,150
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

I loved it Brother...its dreamy not lament at all

Peaceful,serene and dreamy

Thank you,never mind who prefers what.... You just keep Glorifying our Lord God!

In His Love,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I personally hope to do lyrics, but its not my type either. My thing is taking recorded lecture or otherwise sermons and use specific phrases to build up tension and then release for the outro.

I have not made anything myself as of yet. With my synth still being built my thing has been instrumental like yours. Piano, cello, and guitar. Its been a while since I recorded something to be mastered in some way. 

I personally love the idea of creating something that was never there in the original source lectures. Maybe even mod  short phrases to sound like pure fantasy in a mystical war. 

I agree whole heartedly. Its a pity that not many get instrumental or otherwise, "without lyrics." Some of our most modern stuff in contemporary comes from classical concepts. J. S. Bach, Beethoven, and otherwise classical era. 

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Starise said:

I dunno, I think someone here objected to music without lyrics. If you only want Christian music with lyrics please clarify. I am a Christian and this is music I make. I try to convey spiritual ideas through my music even if there are no lyrics. Maybe more of a feeling sometimes.

Music can convey ideas that sometimes are difficult to convey verbally. In any case if I were coming here for plays I would be sorely disappointed since this thread barely ever gets a tap or two. I don't do it for the attention but having some idea of affirmation in some of my gifts is nice. I would do it regardless though because i know it's part of what I should do.

I posted a few tracks over on a secular site that is very strict about removing anything religious or political on their forums. They will let songs with religious lyrics through so I see this as a point of ministry that might not otherwise have been. Interestingly people a lot more interest in my tracks from secular sites. I sometimes get the idea that most Christians want to stay in 1942 hymns and this is distressing to a musician who wants to make music NOW. I haven't been posting my tracks much of anywhere lately and really I know what the problem is. I should probably make a web site and charge per track for my music. Any time you give something away for free that's how people value it. The music biz online is really glutted now though and I probably would not get heard much regardless.

I post both lyric and non lyric music at times. In my wordless music I often want to put people in a place they like that feels other worldly, similar to a good fiction novel. "Celtic" music has a certain feel in some of it I like. I'm not talking about ITM though I make some of that too. I admit this tune has a lament feel to it, so not all are even similar.

Now I need to get on to something else, like shaving.

Agree  with the unspoken words  in the video ,this world is not my home either,love the music!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Content Count:  13,135
  • Content Per Day:  9.60
  • Days Won:  149

On 7/2/2022 at 1:41 PM, LittlePebble10 said:

I personally hope to do lyrics, but its not my type either. My thing is taking recorded lecture or otherwise sermons and use specific phrases to build up tension and then release for the outro.

I have not made anything myself as of yet. With my synth still being built my thing has been instrumental like yours. Piano, cello, and guitar. Its been a while since I recorded something to be mastered in some way. 

I personally love the idea of creating something that was never there in the original source lectures. Maybe even mod  short phrases to sound like pure fantasy in a mystical war. 

I agree whole heartedly. Its a pity that not many get instrumental or otherwise, "without lyrics." Some of our most modern stuff in contemporary comes from classical concepts. J. S. Bach, Beethoven, and otherwise classical era. 

Are you ok with using computers for music?

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  345
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,116
  • Content Per Day:  2.52
  • Days Won:  5

It was beautiful, and lasted for 3.33 minutes. 😊 (I notice such numbers for some reasons) 

Sounded that it was a kind of "pan flute" (I don't know if it is called so in English) there? 

And again, I wish I could have it downloaded to my phone to listen to it "offline"? 

• Thumbs Up 1