IGNORED

The Battle is Real. The Battle is Spiritual. What to do?

Jayne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

I suggest a key to overcoming the devil is what is taught in the book of Ya'akov (James) 

KJV James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 

The key is to submit to God. This needs to be understood from the context of the Bible and not man made doctrines. How does one submit to God? Repentance, receiving redemption by the shedding of innocent blood that being Yeshua our Messiah and then worshipping and serving Yahweh, living how He wants us to live as set out in HIS WORD beginning at Gen 1:1. Not Matt 1:1.

When this was said and written the NT was not compiled until centuries later. The context of submitting to God was submitting to what His word teaches. We are living in days when many are not submitting and we see the fruit of this in our societies and countries we live in. It is plainly obvious that lawlessness abounds and the heart of many crow cold Yeshua words not mine.  Lawlessness is without the Torah (Law) of God. Pretty significant especially when Yeshua declares He will say to many depart from me I never knew you. you who practice lawlessness. Just another way of saying you who do not submit to God. 

There is much deception in our day as He says one of the signs of the end will be. The first thing Yeshua says is "Take heed let no one deceive you". I will just say it how it is. Yeshua kept the 7th day Sabbath as recorded many times in the Gospels, as did the Apostles and 1st century believers also recorded many times in Paul's letters to the assemblies who wait for it met in synagogues on the 7th day Sabbath day. He ate clean foods and kept the feasts of His Father as taught and instructed in Lev 23. He is these very same words manifested in the flesh. 

Anyone that teaches that the Sabbath day has changed, that the feasts days are no more and days steeped and rooted in paganism are now the accepted feasts. Daniel was quoted in the OP Daniel himself warned of those who change times and seasons (feasts) hmmm. Anyone that teaches you can eat anything you want and not what Yahweh instructed himself in Lev 11. It is OK to be in relationships with the same sex, or to have be bi or the rest of it. People that advocate and preach these things are deceivers, false prophets, and false teachers. These are the ones Yeshua says you are practicing lawlessness. Opposite of what His Father taught and instructed in the front of the book. God does not change.

Yeshua kept His fathers doctrine as He said my doctrine is not my own. What was His Father's doctrine the front of the book the Law (Torah). His words not mine.

Submit to God resist the devil and he MUST flee.

I realize that this is confrontational and offensive to many but the gospel is offensive, it is offensive to the carnal mind and flesh. But I pray that you will be pricked in the heart just like those Jews were in Acts chapter 2 who were at a feast day called the Feast of Weeks. They repented and were baptized and 3,00o were added the Messianic community that day.

I used to preach all these doctrines of men. I repented and am forgiven. Praise Yahweh. Do not add to or take away from His Word.

Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

16 minutes ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

You are not offensive at all. Just confused. Saturday worship is for Jewish people. A saved Jew is no different than a saved Gentile. I don't know what you mean by " messianic community". Those 3,000 souls represented all nations. And you know what, It is perfectly acceptable to say Jesus Christ. To be frank, I'm tired of this dualistic approach to Christianity. We are all one in Christ Jesus, as God does not give extra credit to someone who may have some Jewish blood in them. 

Sorry the 3,000 souls were devoted Jews from the nations. Being present for the Feast of Weeks as taught in Lev 23. Because they were devoted, that's why they were there. 3 times a year you shall appear before Yahweh your God in the place I choose to put my name (Jerusalem). They were devoted observant believers of God's word.

Acts 2:4-6 NKJ

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
 5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
 6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. 

I am not confused. The Sabbath day has always been and will always be on the 7th day (Saturday) in the Bible I read. The 7th day is the only day of the week given a name in the Bible called Sabbath or in Hebrew Shabbat. This is when they met in the synagogues as did Yeshua our Messiah did His whole life "as His custom was". As did Paul, Peter, James etc. There is no dualistic approach my friend, there is only one, the way of our Messiah. It is the doctrines of men that has caused a dualistic approach what a job Satan has done by twisting scripture to cause people to walk another way. 

I will stick with the Bible thanks and not the traditions of the Church Fathers, church denominations which came about 1,000 yrs after the Messiah. 

We are supposed to be one in Christ and yet there are over 40,ooo different churches again the devil has done a good job with deception and twisting the word of God. I will follow my Messiah who guess what? Is a Jew from the tribe of Judah of the line of David. 

God is in the process of restoring all things and that includes worshipping Him as He taught in His word on His times and seasons for my Bible says God does not change.

I am not confused my friend. However I am one who is continually learning the way they followed God in the Bible and 1st century and not from some 21st Century culture church denominational doctrine. I was involved in it for many years and am done with the traditions, doctrines of men and demons.

All the best to you may the Holy Spirit lead and guide you into all truth as that is all He can do, He only leads people in the way of His word as the Holy Spirit is God. If it is not in the word it is not of the Holy Spirit.

Shalom

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

7 hours ago, Jayne said:

Sorry you took offense.  I meant none.

I'd try to explain, but.....I know I'm  not everyone's cup of tea.

Rass

Of course you meant to offend no one.  Not everyone in the U.S.A. is a combat soldier. Look at the battle of David and Goliath. The army of God that was present did not constitute the entire nation of God's People. People who speak of defending themselves only cannot fully understand a commission to defend others even at the expense of self. Your message gives important information to those whom it was meant for.  Not everything is meant for everyone.  To deny self is most important in spiritual warfare. To be personally offended is a dangerous weakness we must overcome. The enemy targets us that way. Firey darts. Our faith must be in Him completely.  None in ourselves. 

Fear held captive the army of God. Fear of everything the giant had to say. Until David defeated the giant. Courage was restored to the army of God. (And the answer to the question,  wshat do we do) The Army of God , like David did, (1Sam 17:48), "... hurried and ran.." after the already retreating (cause now they Fear God's warriors) army of Satan. 

Remember fellow warriors,  we fight not against flesh and blood..in short, if you can see them Leave them Alone!

Edited by Dan Knight
List vs ref
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

These are Principalities, "Princes," a kind of angel. When Lucifer was cast from heaven, he took many other angels with him, some of these among them.

I will, however, point out a few lines.

"Families have been split apart by evil".

... That is not untrue, though I would ask how this is presented. Often, Christians hold the family unit to be utterly sacred. But what of the case of an abusive parent? Of parents who abandon their young? It is still evil causing the division, yes. But too often, many blame or cast into a negative light the one who's cutting others out of their life. I have done such myself, and been cast as evil likewise. I would wonder if they would still feel the same, if they met my grandpa.

"People dont care about babies in the womb".

Some dont. There are those few who think an abortion at any time is to be acceptable. But to cast all pro-choicers in this light is misguided, though yes, we've argued much over the use of "baby" and when it applies already. I'll not cause a ruckus here on that.

I will agree with the answer not being in politics, at least, not in the perfection of this world. I am political, yes, but only in the hope that things can improve in a general (not perfect) sense. After all, this world is a broken one and will never be fixed; only replaced with a new one. Along similar lines, politicians are corrupt no matter which way you slice it. Can only hope they do things they say they will, and push for less corruption.

Whilst I'm no Sunday picnic and many might find me contentious, I will agree that the battle is spiritual. That we must rely on God's word, and on God. But additional info doesnt hurt either; after all, in my abortion thread, many were using studies to try and disprove of my stance. Without historical context/study, many things within the scripture would not be as obvious to us in this age as they were to the people then. The battle is spiritual, yes, but to deny the mind is folly.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,330
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

I needed two messages in this topic. The Lord bless you both for faithfully delivering what I need to hear this day. He is merciful toward me, for during times like these hearing His word from my fellow soldier is a blessing beyond compare.  

I confess that I'm weary. I was born into war both physical and spiritual and when the Lord Almighty displayed His power in me, He made a mockery of the mighty by raising me up before his throne. The plans of the wicked were revealed to work for the good of many, so that the name of the Holy One will be glorified in the land of the living. 

I'm refreshed!

• Praise God! 1

4 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

Of course you meant to offend no one.  Not everyone in the U.S.A. is a combat soldier. Look at the battle of David and Goliath. The army of God that was present did not constitute the entire nation of God's People. People who speak of defending themselves only cannot fully understand a commission to defend others even at the expense of self. Your message gives important information to those whom it was meant for.  Not everything is meant for everyone.  To deny self is most important in spiritual warfare. To be personally offended is a dangerous weakness we must overcome. The enemy targets us that way. Firey darts. Our faith must be in Him completely.  None in ourselves. 

Fear held captive the army of God. Fear of everything the giant had to say. Until David defeated the giant. Courage was restored to the army of God. (And the answer to the question,  wshat do we do) The Army of God , like David did, (1Sam 17:48), "... hurried and ran.." after the already retreating (cause now they Fear God's warriors) army of Satan. 

Remember fellow warriors,  we fight not against flesh and blood..in short, if you can see them Leave them Alone!

What to do-

The what to do is revealed within the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God. Sword is an offensive weapon. This idea gives His soldiers the right to use His Word as a weapon.  (I know but hang on.) How to wield this weapon is revealed in who we are to engage in this spiritual battle.  The devil. What information is given us by God about the devil. The devil is a liar. The only way to defeat a lie is by truth. Then the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God is the truth. Jesus the Christ tells us that He is the Truth. What lie must we destroy? 

Start at the battle of David and Goliath.  Both he and Goliath  predicted the end of the day results. But David was not defending the Honor of God.  1Sam 17:46- that all the earth shall know...:47-that all this assembly  will know..David was witnessing about the Truth of God. :47 was for the army of God,  to deliver them from the captivity of fear into the restored faith of The Truth. 

Going back into the Garden of Eden where the first lie ever told a human being occurred.  The lie was against God by the devil. Our problems began when Eve and Adam believed the devil. The eating of the forbidden fruit was the manifestation of that belief,  that God was a liar. 

It is important to know what the lie was. One single simple lie told to and believed by the first human beings brought on absolutely devastating consequences.  The lie? Gen 3:4-" you shall Not surely die ". (We know they believed the devil because they ate the fruit.)

And what are we taught from the pulpits today? That when we depart this existence we shall either go to heaven and live forever or to hell and live forever, but you shall Not surely die.  A conformation can be found in Gen 3:22-24.  :22 they were removed from the Garden BEFORE they ate of the tree of life, and live forever.  :24 ALL access was shut out so that NO ONE COULD GET TO THE TREE OF LIFE. So unless they were able to sneak back into the Garden of Eden without God knowing and grabbing themselves some forever life  giving fruit...

The rest of the Armor of God given us is for direction , we go in peace, and for protection from witnessing to ALL that God is not a liar and, as the thief on the cross said, Jesus has done no wrong. 

We are going to need every piece firmly attached to "..stand...stand your ground  and stand" Eph 6:11,13

Truth. 

Edited by Dan Knight

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

To answer  the OP. 

We save them from the fire one soul at a time. That is Dr. Heiser's method of spiritual warfare.

If we applied this attrition factor, look at the numbers. If each Christian helped to get one of the lost sheep every year, then exponetially the numbers in God's Kindom are phenominal. Just one at a time for each of us every year.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

9 hours ago, Ancient said:

Sorry the 3,000 souls were devoted Jews from the nations. Being present for the Feast of Weeks as taught in Lev 23. Because they were devoted, that's why they were there. 3 times a year you shall appear before Yahweh your God in the place I choose to put my name (Jerusalem). They were devoted observant believers of God's word.

Acts 2:4-6 NKJ

4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
 5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
 6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. 

I am not confused. The Sabbath day has always been and will always be on the 7th day (Saturday) in the Bible I read. The 7th day is the only day of the week given a name in the Bible called Sabbath or in Hebrew Shabbat. This is when they met in the synagogues as did Yeshua our Messiah did His whole life "as His custom was". As did Paul, Peter, James etc. There is no dualistic approach my friend, there is only one, the way of our Messiah. It is the doctrines of men that has caused a dualistic approach what a job Satan has done by twisting scripture to cause people to walk another way. 

I will stick with the Bible thanks and not the traditions of the Church Fathers, church denominations which came about 1,000 yrs after the Messiah. 

We are supposed to be one in Christ and yet there are over 40,ooo different churches again the devil has done a good job with deception and twisting the word of God. I will follow my Messiah who guess what? Is a Jew from the tribe of Judah of the line of David. 

God is in the process of restoring all things and that includes worshipping Him as He taught in His word on His times and seasons for my Bible says God does not change.

I am not confused my friend. However I am one who is continually learning the way they followed God in the Bible and 1st century and not from some 21st Century culture church denominational doctrine. I was involved in it for many years and am done with the traditions, doctrines of men and demons.

All the best to you may the Holy Spirit lead and guide you into all truth as that is all He can do, He only leads people in the way of His word as the Holy Spirit is God. If it is not in the word it is not of the Holy Spirit.

Shalom

And thus one ‘sect’ is traded for another. An old story and the source is consistent.

There is only one basis for fellowship and that is a knowledge and conviction that those In Christ are one In Christ and Himself as Head of His Church.

If an individual views themselves as ‘special’ for any other reason…this is fleshy.

I call it ‘speci-ality’.

One Lord, one faith and one baptism. If your life is indeed hidden in Christ with God. That is alone what makes you special.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

“Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ. Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of angels, going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind, and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.

If with Christ you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to regulations— “Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch” (referring to things that all perish as they are used)—according to human precepts and teachings? These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping the indulgence of the flesh.

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.”

(Colossians 2:16–3:4 ESVi)

1 hour ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Sorry, my friend. Sounds like you're still Jewish to me. And I say this to all who so strongly feel the need to infuse Christianity with old Jewish tradition and wordage. Live your life in Christ on this side of the cross. 

Whoa man, that is so wrong on so many levels.  The cross is not a divider, nor are any of the other festivals. 

• Praise God! 1