• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

OK  Just want to say i am not trying to be a smart guy I'm just going with things that are coming to me.  I may learn things also. I will say that there is something driving me. I want to look at the third temptation.  I have another question and I am sure it will be answered quickly.  

The Jews knew by the writings of the profits that they would have a Messiah. What was the hope they had in His coming?  Who did they believe He would be?

The Jews believed in the Messiah as a conqueror from a political point of view. They were blind to the suffering servant aspect of Christ. I suspect not all, but the rulers of the day--as I understand it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Mike

We read in Genesis the first temptation by this very subtle liar who twists Gods Word to deceive,later we find out that this creature was once an Angel of God who was so arrogant & full of pride that he wanted to be a god and was so persuasive that one third of the Angels of God fell from Heaven following him

I believe this devil,satan is not so smart,he is just so full if pride & arrogance that he thinks he is smarter than Almighty God- he believes his own lies

No,he's not so smart,he is a one trick pony- he's been at his game of deception for thousands of years so he knows what works- mix a little truth with a little lie ,wrap it up in a neat little package for appeal and presto- it works.   Like any predator,he's an opportunist- pick on the weak,the injured,the broken etc

So now to answer your question.... Yes,he knew Who Jesus was but because of who he is it didn't matter- the arrogant beast would take a shot at Jesus at what he thought was the perfect opportune time( weakened)

Now here's the thing to remember.... Revelation,Wisdom,Knowledge & Understanding only comes by the Power of Holy Spirit.... he may be able to recite the Scriptures frontward or backward but doesn't have s clue what they mean.... IMO,he believes he will come out on top.... That's what pride an arrogance does & he is the spirit of pride & arrogance BUT it doesn't matter what he knows or doesn't know,he MUST submit to Gods Authority!

With love in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, Alive said:

The Jews believed in the Messiah as a conqueror from a political point of view. They were blind to the suffering servant aspect of Christ. I suspect not all, but the rulers of the day--as I understand it.

Thank you for that answer. The Jews wanted a political messiah. Now what did Satan try to tempt Jesus with. Did he not say if He would worship him he would give Him the whole world, and Jesus He had to do the will of the Father, and that was to suffer the Cross For us and pay for our Sins. He was not going to be our political savior but save us from sin.  Where has the church got any idea that we need political represenitives so we can have a better world. Its true good things have happened lately, but this should not be hailed for Christians in politics. 

I read somewhere that Pope Francis believes that Nato is the reason Putin attacked the Ukraine. Of course the Vatican has been political from its beginning. However this political thing has blinded Protestants as well.  

Edited by Mike Mclees

14 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Where has the church got any idea that we need political represent ives so we can have a better world.  

I suppose this response could come from a few points of view. I will pick one.

:-)

The Judeo/Christian ethic and morality and in particular, the Gospel of Jesus Christ has benefited and informed world cultures and governments in significant ways for the better. The degree to which this is true can hardly be comprehended and having Godly men represent us in a Representative Republic or Parliamentary System has great benefit to help mitigate those less devoted to Christ.

The goal there--scripturally--is so that we might be able to live quiet and peaceful lives while going about the LOrd's business.

The freedom provided in western countries has allowed an unprecedented spread of the Gospel working toward the success of Great Commission.

Edited by Alive

10 minutes ago, Alive said:

I suppose this response could come from a few points of view. I will pick one.

:-)

The Judeo/Christian ethic and morality and in particular, the Gospel of Jesus Christ has benefited and informed world cultures and governments in significant ways for the better. The degree to which this is true can hardly be comprehended and having Godly men represent us in a Representative Republic or Parliamentary System has great benefit to help mitigate those less devoted to Christ.

The goal there--scripturally--is so that we might be able to live quiet and peaceful lives while going about the LOrd's business.

The freedom provided in western countries has allowed an unprecedented spread of the Gospel working toward the success of Great Commission.

Shall we say God bless America and politics for these things. Have you forgotten this godly America has turned our country to perversion. As far as peace goes our Bible spoke of being a peaceful people from its birth. Paul said If it be possible live in peace with all men. Thank God yes we live reasonably peaceful but don't forget we are still sinners and wickedness and evil is still at work everyday. Is government our Messiah. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

43 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Mike

We read in Genesis the first temptation by this very subtle liar who twists Gods Word to deceive,later we find out that this creature was once an Angel of God who was so arrogant & full of pride that he wanted to be a god and was so persuasive that one third of the Angels of God fell from Heaven following him

I believe this devil,satan is not so smart,he is just so full if pride & arrogance that he thinks he is smarter than Almighty God- he believes his own lies

No,he's not so smart,he is a one trick pony- he's been at his game of deception for thousands of years so he knows what works- mix a little truth with a little lie ,wrap it up in a neat little package for appeal and presto- it works.   Like any predator,he's an opportunist- pick on the weak,the injured,the broken etc

So now to answer your question.... Yes,he knew Who Jesus was but because of who he is it didn't matter- the arrogant beast would take a shot at Jesus at what he thought was the perfect opportune time( weakened)

Now here's the thing to remember.... Revelation,Wisdom,Knowledge & Understanding only comes by the Power of Holy Spirit.... he may be able to recite the Scriptures frontward or backward but doesn't have s clue what they mean.... IMO,he believes he will come out on top.... That's what pride an arrogance does & he is the spirit of pride & arrogance BUT it doesn't matter what he knows or doesn't know,he MUST submit to Gods Authority!

With love in Christ,Kwik

Made some good points, though it wasn't as he perceived a opportune time atleast not on his part. it was allowed for a reason on God's part thus the Spirit lead him to satan.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Is government our Messiah. 

Of course not. Why is that even a question?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

4 minutes ago, BeyondET said:

Made some good points, though it wasn't as he perceived a opportune time atleast not on his part. it was allowed for a reason on God's part thus the Spirit lead him to satan.

I just told you' he's not too smart'':24::emot-heartbeat:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I just told you' he's not too smart'':24::emot-heartbeat:

Could you clarify your remark and God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

57 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Shall we say God bless America and politics for these things. Have you forgotten this godly America has turned our country to perversion. As far as peace goes our Bible spoke of being a peaceful people from its birth. Paul said If it be possible live in peace with all men. Thank God yes we live reasonably peaceful but don't forget we are still sinners and wickedness and evil is still at work everyday. Is government our Messiah. 

To some the government is their messiah if they let them.