• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

5 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

We all  start somewhere.  Feed my lambs....

Jesus told that to St. Peter in specific, not us. It was part of he re-instatement. (John, Chapter 21). While “His Ways are Higher than your ways,” is a fact for all. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Jesus told that to St. Peter in specific, not us. It was part of he re-instatement. (John, Chapter 21). While “His Ways are Higher than your ways,” is a fact for all. 

Do I have you correct? 

YOU BELIEVE

There was only ONE PERSON in all of history that Jesus wanted to feed His lambs and His sheep and that is why he said it SPECIFICALLY to him and it was for him only.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 7/7/2022 at 8:25 PM, BeyondET said:

If it wasn't allowed then He would have to control everyone and everything, that's not logical.

Huh?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

21 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

God is Good irrespective of how we feel about his Goodness.

Can man judge God?

To quote Job, “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?” (Job 38:4) 

When will we let God be God and stop questioning his goodness, his plan, and ways which are “higher than your ways.” (Isaiah 55:9)? 

Sometimes I feel we lack proper reverence, He is God and Superior in every-way, for example He created you!, and yet people try to put Him on trial when we all see through “a glass dimly/darkly,” (1 Corinthians 13:12)?

I think you're right. This is very true.

21 hours ago, enoob57 said:

When we understand God eternal intentions in the Garden of Eden  >AND< and how we messed that up... isn't it right we should drink the cup of our doing?

This is true but not everyone does. Some people really do skate through life.

On 7/6/2022 at 12:28 AM, LearningToLetGo said:

I don't mean to sound difficult but what would life be like if God did not allow bad things to happen? No crime. No disease. No war. No suffering of any kind. How would that affect human development? We would probably still be naked, living in forests. We would have no incentive to change, or grow, or improve ourselves in any way. We would be stunted, held back, more like animals than humans. In other words we would not be in God's image. Like it or not we need suffering in order to grow. God knows this.

I think we'd be incredible spoiled. You are right about that. Still sometimes i feel like God is laughing at me when I struggle. I feel i cant trust Him or turn to him when Im struggling bc I genuinely feel he doesnt care bc if He did I feel he would help me.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

53 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Do I have you correct? 

YOU BELIEVE

There was only ONE PERSON in all of history that Jesus wanted to feed His lambs and His sheep and that is why he said it SPECIFICALLY to him and it was for him only.  

No, others still “feed his sheep,” but that was directed to Peter/Cephas specifically, “Do you love me?” “Feed my Lambs.” Peter had denied Jesus three times and he is asked “do love me?” three times. 

Certainly Christ spoke things to one disciple that was meant for all believers too (Example, John 3:16). 

But the context of “feed my lambs” was to Peter specifically who was asked “do you love me?” The apostle John was there and was not told to feed lambs (John 21:20-23). 

There are statements that Jesus says to a singular person that are for all believers for example, John 3:16, John 6:40, John 17:1-28, and etc. Then there is specific statements for one soul (person), like the Rich Young Ruler he told to “sell all you have and follow me.” (Matthew 19:21). Jesus did not tell the rich Women of Galilee who supported His ministry to sell all they had and follow Him, one of who was Joanna, who was in charge of Herod’s finances, “along with some women who had been cured of evil spirits and diseases. Among them were Mary Magdalene, from whom he had cast out seven demons; Joanna, the wife of Chuza, Herod’s business manager; Susanna; and many others who were contributing from their own resources to support Jesus and his disciples.” (Luke 8:2-3). 

Monks and Nuns felt that the Rich Young Ruler, “sell all you have and follow me,” was required to follow Christ (Lady Poverty). When Jesus only asked that of one person, and not Women of Galilee, nor Zaccheus a wealthy man. 

Addendum: 

My point is we need to discern what is for all believers and what was a specific word for a person. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,237
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

41 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

This is true but not everyone does. Some people really do skate through life.

We evaluate sometimes from the heart we were born with instead of the heart formed from Scriptures...
Romans 8:23 (KJV)

[23] And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Romans 8:22 (KJV)

[22] For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

7 hours ago, DeighAnn said:

One third of those 'alive and in the flesh' at that time?  Or, 1/3 of all who ever were?

This pertains to the Hebrew Nation. So it is a shadow and a type of the gentile church. Jesus said many will perish, few will be saved. But the Greek allows for many to be 2/3 will perish and few or 1/3 will be saved. To be saved does not mean we represent God. I believe only 10% dedicate their life to being used by God in that way. Every word we speak is weighed in the balance and tested by God. 

34 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

My point is we need to discern what is for all believers and what was a specific word for a person. 

This is what they teach in Bible college. They call this Hermeneutics or the rules of Biblical interpretation. You can do a google search on this. 

37 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Monks and Nuns felt that the Rich Young Ruler, “sell all you have and follow me,” was required to follow Christ (Lady Poverty). When Jesus only asked that of one person, and not Women of Galilee, nor Zaccheus a wealthy man. 

I did not understand this until I want to a third world nation where there were people who had needs greater than my own. You do not waste anything there because there is always someone who wants and needs a part of our abundance. I pay $1 for a pair of reading glasses. When they break I throw them in the missions box because I know that in their poverty there is someone that can use them. In Manila they talk about smoky mountain and people who make a living going through the dump and finding stuff that they can sell. I use to pick up stuff off of the curb here and take it out to the flea market and sell it. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62

44 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

If that where the spirit is leading you here