Struggling with believing God's goodness

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

Like the title says. I wonder bc God allows alot of stuff to happen. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

I don't mean to sound difficult but what would life be like if God did not allow bad things to happen? No crime. No disease. No war. No suffering of any kind. How would that affect human development? We would probably still be naked, living in forests. We would have no incentive to change, or grow, or improve ourselves in any way. We would be stunted, held back, more like animals than humans. In other words we would not be in God's image. Like it or not we need suffering in order to grow. God knows this.

Edited by LearningToLetGo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62

15 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Have you considered what it is all about?   We were created for Gods pleasure.  GOD is looking for those who LOVE HIM and love His ways.  

He could create 'dogs' who love Him because that is what dogs do, or He could create 'people' who think and feel and give them all the necessary thoughts and emotions to EITHER love Him or not love Him.  

Free will is the only way.  WHAT does that mean?  There has to be a choice.  There has to be ability to 'look' at both sides and follow.  Everyone is given the same thing DNA.  Some are going to naturally go up, some are going to naturally go down.  

GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE.  What does that mean?  If you want to live with GOD,  you don't want to BE at all flammable when you get there.  That is life here on earth.  Father lets us learn and helps us refine so that when we do arrive we don't disappear in a puff of smoke.  

So we learn and we experience and IF WE truly love God and study the instructions we KNOW and understand what is really taking place.  If we do it right, we will be rewarded and GOD will more than make up for any bad that came our way.  THE JOY SET IN FRONT OF US is more than worth any of the pains we feel today.  Have faith.  

ALSO, GOD uses us for the JUDGMENT OF 

BAD PEOPLE.  Just as we will be rewarded,  they will be punished.  BUT there must be REASONS to be punished and those reasons mostly fall upon those who will be rewarded.  IF people understood it isn't just 'bad things' but it is 'JUDGMENT THINGS' that take place then they would see a good work for God,   The Justice coming far outweighs anything that takes place in this 'blade of grass' life.  What seems like forever isn't but a moment,   but the effects can last forever.  

SO we try to be a good SOLDIERs and remember GOD is in control and if we understand what is REALLY going on, then we will almost be able to see judgment taking place before our very eyes.  WE are all choosing.  EVERY IDLE word there will be an accounting for.  NO ONE is getting away with anything and some becoming vessels that will last for all eternity and you can be those who have it bad,  that use it for good will be vessels of Gold and unto honor for all eternity and those who are evil will be separated from God for ever and ever and all remembrance of them will be forgotten.  

THE REWARDS are to follow.  We don't always understand them at the time but when we look back, if we prayed in His will, His will will be seen and we will take what we thought was bad and see the good and we will be THANKFUL.  

Genesis 50:18 And his brethren also went and fell down before his face; and they said, Behold, we be thy servants.

Genesis 50:19 And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?

Genesis 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.

Do you read and ponder on the Psalms?  Fill you mind with them, think on them, they will set the mind right, at least I believe they do mine.  

Psalm 54:4 Behold, God is mine helper: the Lord is with them that uphold my soul.

Psalm 54:5 He shall reward evil unto mine enemies: cut them off in thy truth.

Psalm 54:6 I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O LORD; for it is good.

Psalm 54:7 For he hath delivered me out of all trouble: and mine eye hath seen his desire upon mine enemies.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

No one is getting away with anything.  BUT we also must remember 'life happens' to both the good and the bad.  Jesus can come at any second, so we should always be ready as we want to be found in love and charity, that tower fell on both the good and the bad. 

Hebrews 12:3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Hebrews 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Hebrews 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Hebrews 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

2 Corinthians 5:12 For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.

2 Corinthians 5:13 For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.

2 Corinthians 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

2 Corinthians 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

I hope it helps

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

On 7/6/2022 at 4:58 AM, Figure of eighty said:

The scareist verse in the bible is Romans 8:28

All things work together for the good of those who are called according to his purpose.

You are complaining that lots of things are happening in your life. Read the verse again.

They are working for your good, if you are reacting as you should.

Ever read Job?

What happened to him?

How did he react?

I am sorry that your life is difficult. Life can be tough, it can really hurt, it can take great strength and courage to face a new day.

What are you going to do?  Turn to God and scream ' What Are You Doing! Help Me! '

Or what, go out and get drunk, smash the house up or what?

God does give the strength to face each moment, he gives it moment by moment as you need it.

If you have the courage and determination to trust him.

It hurts, it is hard, but facing lifes troubles with out God is far far harder.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,227
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 7/5/2022 at 9:58 PM, Figure of eighty said:

How is it in heaven? His will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Be is sin or evil what ever we call it God does not can not allow it. All of this world was ours "Adam & Eve". They listen to a lie and handed over to Satan what was ours. Satan temping Jesus said "For that is (has been) delivered unto me, and to whomsoever I will I give it,". When they took Christ He said "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews;" In Cor "Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe" Also "Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out."

In all this God has made a way out. Psa 91 is it GOD speaking? Isa 41:10 man I have not even touched the promises. The part we don't like to talk about is "faith". Thats what it comes down to. God as one was talking about free will. God can't go against our will. He gave us promises yet just like John 3:16 one has to believe and receive it. Simple ones.. the joy of the lord is your strength, be strong in the lord in the power of His might. God has not given you the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind. Christ gave us His peace not of this world. We have the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Take the last one "will guard" your hearts and minds. Thats a promise from GOD! We must do something .. why do you think we pray? He told us to go into all the world, He told us to lay hands on the sick.. He told us if your sick call on the elders they will pray and if any sin it will be forgiven. He told us what ever you desire when you pray believe you receive it you shall have it. 

We must ask, pray believe. He told us if we doubt were like a ship tossed back and forth and that person will not receive anything from God. He told us if we know He hears us we know we have the petitions/prayers we asked for. He told us we have not because we ask not. Read that book.. then you will know His will for you. 

All Gods promises are yes and amen. There is no "no" sorry not this time. We ask we pray we then look around us we take our eyes of Him and then ..oh well I guess He does not want me to have..what ever you want to put in that. Reasons it won't happen is you ask out side of His word you are asking for purely self reasons. Need ways to work.. or you can't pay for gas for your car.. you need a new job that pays more. There are all things He will always answer yet the key is we must KNOW BELIEVE not doubt. We have a book where GOD spoke.. sorry why are doubting?

All I am saying in this is are we praying all the time are we always reading His word. To abide in Christ to keep HIs word.. its having it in you. Everything I said here is in me. Its not what I hope for its 0nly what I know. I can not share anything else. What I know is when I stand believing what He already said no matter what I see hear around me He ALWAYS keeps His word. Now if I have some sin in my life or not confessing it or wont forget or watching anything TV/VIDEO or listening sharing gossip..if my eyes are not on him 24/7 all that opens a door NOT to God. I did it. See He told us to put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; Be renewed in the spirit of your mind. To put on the new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness... I pray that every day.. night lol 

Said this before but its like the song "hard for God to answer when no ones praying to you".  We just believe God will do what ever He wants. No He already spoke what He wanted to do. Now are we going to read and believe and receive? I can boldly say in all this DO NOT BELEIVE ME. No.. you seek Him you pray you ask Him you find this for your self. There are times when it would seem where we are and all the doors are closed yet what we can not see is that light in YOU.. where you are right now..someone there needs it! Its the JESUS in you HE wants them to see. He cannot force anyone to believe. I keep trying to say every time I am out.. Father some way some who use me.. let them see YOU. So read that book ask the holy spirit to open your eyes to His word. Be willing to KNOW you do not have all the answers. When I pray I always expect Him to show me in His word where its written. Then I don't care what man says.. I stand on that word and He always answers. So work your faith start small. Your sad... speak His word.. NO its written the joy of the lord is my strength. Start thinking about HIM and all the wonderful things He has done for you. If you can't ask Him to show you.. He will! For me not here to offend. This is what I believe.. I have the fruits 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 7/6/2022 at 3:57 PM, DeighAnn said:

Free will is the only way.  WHAT does that mean?  There has to be a choice.

God is not willing that any should perish. So we have to make that choice ourself. I do not want to take responsibility, but I have no choice in that. At least when we become of age. I am told that we made a choice to be born, we were even eager and wanted to be born into this world. Although I can not image why we would want to be a part of all of this. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  2,869
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

If it wasn't allowed then He would have to control everyone and everything, that's not logical.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.62

31 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

God is not willing that any should perish. So we have to make that choice ourself. I do not want to take responsibility, but I have no choice in that. At least when we become of age. I am told that we made a choice to be born, we were even eager and wanted to be born into this world. Although I can not image why we would want to be a part of all of this. 

For to reach Eternal Salvation.  And we had to BECAUSE of Satan, the serpent in the garden, in the age right before this one, who ruled over a those kingdoms and protected the Mercy Seat, remember?. You know back then after ALL THE SONS OF GOD watched the earth being created, shouting and singing, and...Then what happened?  Iniquity was found in him.  BUT not before he had drawn away 1/3 of Gods children and cast them to the earth.  Change of plans, right?

How mad do you think that made GOD?  Can you imagine?   With what we know today, the WRATH that kicked up..., could you imagine that kind of betrayal hitting GOD?  I'll bet that was a knee jerk reaction.  So much damage, so quickly, so much for the earth at that point.  really wiped out the planet.  I'll bet He had to make promises TO HIMSELF after that just so that wouldn't happen again.  

Wonder about ALL His sons and the morning stars?  All those souls/spirits....WHAT TO DO, what to do...since NOW there is the after math of it all to deal with.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

How many times have you heard a man say 'that's how God created it' all NULL AND VOID? Does that sound like the GOD you study?  No, no way did GOD create the earth in chaos. And remember what He SAID...

Isaiah 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God Himself that formed the earth and made it; He hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

That should end that argument (but it doesn't)

I'll just bet none of the sons of God that were 'drawn away' by Satan were 'pre justified or pre ordained',  but I zm really sure they were pre known.   I'm willing to bet, with Satan showing up in the garden at the beginning of this age, and GOD telling us about the 'enmity' that started before it even began (and will be going on until...up until the end of the Lords Day, right), that if Satan made to 'this age',  the sons of God did too.   Do you think that is what it means when we read 'Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it'?  Makes you think of 'the angels going up and down the ladder' when God gave that dream to Jacob about the 'seeds' being as the sand of the sea, or whatever He said.  

Anyways, that's what I believe, what about you?  

Just in case anyone might want the documentation to all that 

In the beginning, in the end  

Ezekiel 28:12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.  Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.  Ezekiel 28:14 Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.  Ezekiel 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.  Ezekiel 28:16 By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire.  Ezekiel 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.  Ezekiel 28:18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine iniquities, by the iniquity of thy traffick; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee.  Ezekiel 28:19 All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more.

SONS OF GOD WATCHING EARTH CREATED
Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.  Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?  Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;  Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

INIQUITY FOUND IN SATAN 
Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.  Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

GODS REACTION
Jeremiah 4:20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment.  Jeremiah 4:21 How long shall I see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?  Jeremiah 4:22 For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.  Jeremiah 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.  Jeremiah 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.  Jeremiah 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.  Jeremiah 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.  Jeremiah 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.  Jeremiah 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.  Jeremiah 4:29 The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.  Jeremiah 4:30 And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.  Jeremiah 4:31
For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.

GOD STARTING AGAIN
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.  Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

WHERE THE SONS OF GOD WENT
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.  Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.  Genesis 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

RETURNING TO GOD
Genesis 28:11 And he lighted upon a certain place, and tarried there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the stones of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep.  Genesis 28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.  Genesis 28:13 And, behold, the LORD stood above it, and said, I am the LORD God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac: the land whereon thou liest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed;  Genesis 28:14 And thy seed shall be as the dust of the earth, and thou shalt spread abroad to the west, and to the east, and to the north, and to the south: and in thee and in thy seed shall all the families of the earth be blessed.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

Anyways, that's what I believe, what about you?  

God declares the end from the beginning Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure". He is going to accomplish His plan and purpose if we want to be a part of it or not. Jeremiah 1:12 "I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.” This is why David tells us in Psalm 139:16 God writes the book of our life at or before our conception. Then the angels record how well we follow God's plan and purpose for us and our life. 

• Well Said! 1

51 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

BUT not before he had drawn away 1/3 of Gods children and cast them to the earth.

Daniel 8:10 "It grew as high as the host of heaven, and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the earth, and trampled them."  It is interesting that Sagan and Tyson tells us that we are star stuff. We are made up of the elements created in a star. God showed me in a dream when I was very young that the universe or cosmos is expanding but a time will come when He will bring it all back together again. 

We are told that one third will be saved: "8 And in all the land, declares the LORD, two-thirds will be cut off and perish, but a third will be left in it. 9 This third I will bring through the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘They are My people,’ and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God.’ " Zechariah 13:8