• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,209
  • Content Per Day:  2.08
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/15/2022 at 7:31 AM, Deborah_ said:

For most women, to become pregnant as a result of rape is a continuation of the assault. Having dealt with many rape victims through my career, I can assure you that most of them fear pregnancy more than they fear catching sexually transmitted infections.

This is why even strict anti-abortion laws usually make an exception for rape.

Now I would agree that the baby in such a case is innocent and deserves a chance to live - but few women can cope psychologically with carrying such a pregnancy to term (even if the baby is then adopted). It's hard even for Christians, it's almost impossible for unbelievers.

Thankfully the advent of emergency contraception has made pregnancy after rape much rarer.

While I would probably not go through with an abortion myself, I would definitely probably want to maintain or, and get a restraining order against whoever the perpetrator would be, As well as I would definitely want the criminal to serve time however I do not know if either of those would be permanent, and I would need compensation of some kind. 

And just so we are clear with everyone else on here, {This is not aimed at you, I am writing this as a separate, Announcement to everyone else on here,},

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only advancements I have ever had from any men, or any women for that matter, Have all been Atheists, They've all leaned Democrat, They've all been, {Woke}, They have all not maintained, stayed, Or have never been Christians in the first place.

It has never been reciprocated, Whether on my end, Or theirs, And the only close encounter I have ever had from anything resembling someone religious, Was a Catholic man who was a decade older than me, And wanted to get me drunk and also at a later date decided he wanted to have, I'll just say, A {Something}, While his wife was out of town because she missed her family...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have never said that I would personally get an abortion, But as long as we are clear that any, and all of my relationships, With mainly young people, Even if met at a church, Have not stayed Christian; Were never Christian to begin with; Or if they are upstanding, righteous Christians, They are already taken, and etc, As long as we are clear, That Millennials, As well as Generation X and Z, Are not generally, Conservative, Christian people, And that I Have experienced this first hand, Then we are clear that this is the unwanted, And unreciprocated advancements I have only experienced, Whether on my side, Or theirs.

And given the state of my illness, and Disability, I do not think I would be able to care for a baby if it were forced upon me through an unwanted sexual advancement, And not with my dad's condition anymore, either.

It would, {Kill"}, Me, To give up a baby if I were to have to have it because of an unrequited, Unreciprocated, Violent event.............................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It would also quite possibly put me in a grave, If I were to keep the baby, as well.

None, Of my relationships or friendships have been Christian, Or stayed Christian. Some of these millennial or Gen Xer peers, Have been met from church, And are not longer practicing, {Or never were}, Christians to begin with.

I have received unwanted, And insincere advancements at a mental hospital, Unwanted and insincere advancements in outpatient treatment, Unwanted and insincere advancements at work, Online, And in person, Everywhere. 

I do not, Have any reciprocal relatioships or friendship, And the ones I did have, I do not have any longer, If I ever did in the first place.

This is the nature of a millennials, Most millennials day to day lives. All of the attention is being put on certain types of people,

And Conservative, Good hearted, Conservative people are no longer being respected. Like, At all, at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is who would probably assault me if given the opportunity, If they were to ever,

Or it would just be a random, Homeless man encounter while I am walking to the grocery store from my neighborhood.

If these, and this is what you want to bring in to this world, And this way, 

I am not sure this is Christian, Either. I am not sure this is Christian either,

However, As long as I could get, and maintain a restraining order against the perpetrator, I may be OK with it. I would also need some kind of compensation.

I would probably not even be able to bring the baby to term given my condition, And probably not even in a reciprocated, Loving relationships without any stress would I probably be able to carry a child.

But, I am still of child bearing age, I am getting up there, But I am still capable of carrying a child, Or conceiving a child even if I could not complete the pregnancy.

I will, and would probably Never, get an abortion myself.

But, I do not have any reciprocated, Christian, Or Conservative reciprocal relationships with anyone at this point in my life, And I am not sure that I ever had. Blessings.............................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by believeinHim

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

An error in logic in this is some people assume that the woman will  automatically feel better after the abortion.Which as I understand, isnt always the case.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

An error in logic in this is some people assume that the woman will  automatically feel better after the abortion.Which as I understand, isnt always the case.

Who said that?  I see no one here who said that.

The facts are that some women and some little girls have a terrible time with the psychological, mental, and emotional effects of being impregnated by a rapist.  These women and children need great counseling, pregnant or not.

And if pregnant, they need to know that someone will take the baby.   However,  sometimes that knowledge doesn't help.

Seriously, what to do then?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.56
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

True, I knew a elder who in her youth had aborted her baby and she was greatly pained by it, it still haunting her. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

20 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

In 2 Samuel 12:10-14 God killed David's child because David abused his power as a king to own and have pleasure with Uriah's wife that became pregnant.

It happened here that a woman was gangbang and then got pregnant with severe mental condition, she was treated at an Asylum. Im not going to tell you what happened then to her.

Does a raped victim have rights to protect her body from containing the seed of monsters ?

I think the real question is where was God in all this?  If the woman ponders that, she will know which way to go.  Some clues in favor of abortion:  Genesis 6.  What if that monster was the same who did not hold his estate? Would God then allow it in that specific case?  In favor of carrying baby to term:  it is a life that God loves, but I personally believe (not everyone) that unborn and people who have not heard the gospel will have a chance later in the end times, e.g. after resurrection.  Think in terms of miscarriage. Remember:  nothing escapes God's will and purpose.  That all said, pragmatically speaking, does God allow the "morning after pill?"  It can take up to a week for the woman to become pregnant so there's time if immediately given, to prevent conception, and thus a baby. Such medication (hormonally based) can work up to 120 hours after the rape.  In all cases, whatever one decides should be prayerfully and seriously taken.

PS:  In the bible, the rapist had to marry the woman.  But... even Christians are against God's Law and does not apply in the USA.  Me thinks this would be plenty of motivation NOT to rape and such a wife would have rights to nag on him (and yet he supports her) all her life.  LOL

Edited by tim_from_pa
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

12 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

But we can't be take it out on the baby by murdering him or her.

This argument makes the untenable assumption that personhood begins at conception. I understand many hold this opinion, but the fact is that there is no "right" claim to when personhood begins.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

12 hours ago, tim_from_pa said:

PS:  In the bible, the rapist had to marry the woman.  But... even Christians are against God's Law and does not apply in the USA.  Me thinks this would be plenty of motivation NOT to rape and such a wife would have rights to nag on him (and yet he supports her) all her life.  LOL

Brother, there is no scripture that commands a rapist to marry his victim.  Unfortunately, the NIV and the Holman Bibles mistranslate and make it seem so, but in context - it's impossible.  The many other ther reputable Bibles do not claim rape.

Here are the four sexually sinful things to compare from Deuteronomy 22.

• Verse 22 - CONSENSUAL ADULTERY #1  = A man sleeps with a married woman.  No rape.  They both consent.  They both are to be stoned to death.
  • Verses 23-24 - CONSENSUAL ADULTERY #2 = Even if the woman is only engaged to another man and not actually living with her husband yet, both the man and woman must die.  Back then being "engaged" meant more than it does today.  No rape here either.
  • Verses 25-27 - RAPE = The man rapes an engaged woman.  She cries out for help but is in a place where no one can hear her. She is completely helpless. Only the rapist is to die.  The Bible says she has done nothing wrong.  Why the death penalty?  The Bible says here that God considers this rape to be the same thing as murder.  "For this case is like that of a man attacking and murdering his neighbor..."
  • Verses 28-29 - CONSENSUAL FORNICATION BETWEEN TWO UNMARRIED PEOPLE = If the woman he is having consensual sex with is not married OR engaged, the penalty is not death.  I say consensual because the Bible says here that "THEY are found out".  Two people making an evil decision together. Both equally guilty.  "THEY" are discovered.  No rape here.  The Hebrew for rape is not found in this verse. They must marry and he must pay the bride price......

......BUT, remember that Moses is repeating the law for this new generation about to cross over into the Promised Land.  The first time the law is given in Exodus 22:16-17 and it's not called rape there either.  It's called a seducing.  AND the father of the girl has the right to refuse him as husband material, but the man has to pay the bride price nonetheless.

God did not command a woman to marry her rapist in the Law.  He did not command a rapist to die, as he considers rape to be equivalent with murder, in one verse and in the next verse let the rapist live to marry the woman.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

No

Adopting children exists.

33 minutes ago, servant4christ said:

This argument makes the untenable assumption that personhood begins at conception. I understand many hold this opinion, but the fact is that there is no "right" claim to when personhood begins.

DNA is human.   When at least heartbeat is there.

How can a victim be forced to marry her attacker if the attacker is executed for his crime?