Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  20

I found this very informative write up at Got Questions that helped me with more understanding of "speaking in tongues" or more correctly, "speaking in other languages".

https://www.gotquestions.org/praying-in-tongues.html

This following paragraph stood out for me as I have no idea if I speak in tongues of another identifiable human language as no one has ever told me "I hear you speaking in __________ language!"

"Acts chapter 2 describes the first occurrence of the gift of tongues. On the day of Pentecost, the apostles spoke in tongues. Acts chapter 2 makes it clear that the apostles were speaking in a human language (Acts 2:6-8). The word translated “tongues” in both Acts chapter 2 and 1 Corinthians chapter 14 is glossa which means “language.” It is the word from which we get our modern English word “glossary.” Speaking in tongues was the ability to speak in a language the speaker does not know, in order to communicate the gospel to someone who does speak that language. In the multicultural area of Corinth, it seems that the gift of tongues was especially valuable and prominent. The Corinthian believers were able to better communicate the gospel and God’s Word as a result of the gift of tongues. However, Paul made it abundantly clear that even in this usage of tongues, it was to be interpreted or “translated” (1 Corinthians 14:13, 27). A Corinthian believer would speak in tongues, proclaiming God’s truth to someone who spoke that language, and then that believer, or another believer in the church, was to interpret what was spoken so that the entire assembly could understand what was said."

This is what the scripture says in Acts 2:1-8 and I have underlined and changed the color to red on the words that jump out to me,

'And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language. And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilæans? And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? '

I have no doubt about being filled with the Holy Spirit personally.  I can feel him in me and I have heard him audibly speak to me one time.  He is as real to me as a person standing next to me but I am unable to see him visually with my eyes.  I do not know if the tongue/language that I speak is or is not another language of another nation here on earth since I cannot verify it.  I have never spoken out in a public meeting to test it.  I thought it was a prayer language but apparently a "prayer language" is something totally different but I do use this same language in my prayer time on occasion.  I do have several other gifts from the Holy Spirit so if speaking in another language is not one I have, I have no problem with that.  He is God.  I am not.

Got Questions has a good response about the Spiritual Gifts also I thought it worth mentioning.  

https://www.gotquestions.org/spiritual-gifts-survey.html

We are each uniquely and wonderfully made by the Creator and I cannot and will not say one is or isn't filled with the Holy Spirit because another human says so. I cannot and will not say one is or isn't saved by the blood of Jesus if they have been baptized in his name and walk as a follower of Christ. The final answer is from God.

Jesus told us that we would be known by our fruit.  He does not say how many or how few fruit but only that a barren tree will be cut down and burned.  I see much of the fruit in my 68 years of life and feel no shame.  I will continue to do my best to remain fruitful for my Lord until I draw my last breath.  Thanks for hearing me out as I continue learning, seeking and growing by the revelation and discernment of the Spirit of God in me.

:amen:

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Waggles said:

People often set up others on these threads so that they can be reported and then banned from the thread and/or the forum.

It is not setting a person up. If a person is posting something that is definitely not biblical the post should be reported for the protection of other Christians. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

People often set up others on these threads so that they can be reported and then banned from the thread and/or the forum.

Hi Waggles

I see,I understand..... With all sincerety I don't believe that was anyone's intention,still I get it   

Having said that why would you suppose ( after reading what I shared about my own interactions with my Brothers & Sisters from home church)not one would ever answer me ( personally) with a direct answer as you quoted by me in the previous post)?

I'm asking your personal opinion which of course is just that because you cannot truly know anyone else's reasons but your own so there's nothing to report,regardless of your answer....  I'm just curious & thanks for the reply

With love in Christ, Kwik

This is funny,I just got a group text from my Pentecostal Family,just Blessings,Love & warm wishes as I've not visited in a while.... I attend a non- denominational church now but still visit and attend services at my old church from time to time.....❤️

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Hi Waggles

I see,I understand..... With all sincerety I don't believe that was anyone's intention,still I get it   

Having said that why would you suppose ( after reading what I shared about my own interactions with my Brothers & Sisters from home church)not one would ever answer me ( personally) with a direct answer as you quoted by me in the previous post)?

I'm asking your personal opinion which of course is just that because you cannot truly know anyone else's reasons but your own so there's nothing to report,regardless of your answer....  I'm just curious & thanks for the reply

With love in Christ, Kwik

This is funny,I just got a group text from my Pentecostal Family,just Blessings,Love & warm wishes as I've not visited in a while.... I attend a non- denominational church now but still visit and attend services at my old church from time to time.....❤️

And to @Mike Mclees I don't want to derail your lovely thread but I think it is relevant to the Topic( imo) as so many do believe this way when the re-birth occurs and I do believe as Deb mentioned the Gift was used specifically for the unbelieving Jews to witness the evidence ....please forgive if this is too off- Topic,we do often go there at times( lol)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

MORE  CLARITY  FROM  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

JOHN 6:63  it is the --spirit that quickeneth-- the flesh profiteth nothing  --the words-- that I speak unto you they are spirit -- and they are life 

1 CORINTHIANS 15:45  and so it is written the first man adam was made a living soul the last adam ---was made a quickening spirit--- 

--15:47-- THE  FIRST  MAN  IS  OF  THE  EARTH  THE  SECOND  MAN  ---IS  THE  LORD  FROM  HEAVEN---

1 PETER 1:22  seeing you have purified your souls --in obeying the truth-- through the spirit -- unto unfeigned love of the brethren  --  see that you love one another with a --pure heart-- fervently 

*******1:23 -- BEING  BORN  AGAIN  NOT  OF  CORRUPTIBLE  SEED  BUT  OF  INCORRUPTIBLE    ***BY  THE  WORD  OF  GOD***   which liveth and abideth for ever *******

1 JOHN 2:29  --IF-- you know that  HE  is righteous you know that everyone that doeth righteousness *** IS  BORN  OF  --HIM***

1 JOHN 5:6  this is  HE  that came by water and blood ---even  JESUS  CHRIST--- not by water only but by water and blood  ---and it is the spirit that beareth witness because ---THE  SPIRIT  IS  TRUTH---

PROVERBS 12:17  he that speaketh truth showeth forth righteousness  ---but a false witness deceit---

2 TIMOTHY 3:15 and that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures ---which are able to make thee wise unto salvation  ---  through faith which is in CHRIST  JESUS ---

--3:16-- all scripture is given by inspiration of  GOD  and  --is profitable-- for doctrine for reproof for correction ---for instruction in righteousness---

ACTS 17:11  these were more noble than those in thessalonica in that they ---received the word with all readiness of mind  ***and searched the scriptures***  daily whether those things were true---

AGAIN  ---  EPHESIANS 5:9   FOR  THE  FRUIT  OF  THE  SPIRIT  IS  IN  --ALL-- GOODNESS  AND  RIGHTEOUSNESS  AND  TRUTH 

ROMANS 6:16  know you not that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey his servants you are to whom you obey ---whether of sin unto death or of  ***obedience *** unto righteousness

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

1 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

John 3:3  Jesus answered and said to him, Amen, Amen, I say unto thee, Except one be born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 
4  Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born being an old man? can he enter a second time into the womb of his mother, and be born? 
5  Jesus answered, Amen, Amen, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 
6  What is born of the flesh is flesh; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. 
7  Marvel not that I said to thee, Ye must be born from above. 
8  The Spirit breatheth where he willeth, and thou hearest his voice, but knowest not whence he cometh, and whither he goeth: so is every one born of the Spirit.

Ye = all, everyone

Thou = you singular as an individual

Edited by Waggles
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 7/23/2022 at 10:02 AM, Mike Mclees said:

Jesus told Nicodemus you must be Born again of the spirit. I would like to have more clarity from others views

I was born again at the alter in a Christian Night Club. When I walked away from the alter it was as if the roof had been blown off the building. Later on I learned that this was a portal opened so Heaven could witness & record the event. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

ARE  YOU  BORN  AGAIN

1 PETER 1:2  elect according to the foreknowledge of ---GOD  THE  FATHER--- through sanctification of the spirit ---UNTO  OBEDIENCE--- and sprinkling of the blood of  JESUS  CHRIST  grace unto you and peace be multiplied

ACTS 20:28  take heed therefore unto yourselves and to all the flock over the which the holy spirit hath made you overseers to feed the church of  GOD  --WHICH  HE  HATH  PURCHASED  WITH  HIS  OWN  BLOOD --

ISAIAH 45:7  I form the light and create darkness I make peace and create evil --I  THE  LORD  DO  ALL  THESE  THINGS--

--45:8-- drop down you heavens from above and let the skies pour down righteousness --let the earth open and let them bring forth salvation and let righteousness spring up together  --  I  THE  LORD  HAVE  CREATED  IT --

1 JOHN 3:10  ---in this the children of  GOD  are  manifest--- and the children of the devil  ---  whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of  GOD --- neither he that loveth not his brother 

ACTS 1:1  the former treatise have I made O theophilus of all that  JESUS  began both to do and to teach 

--1:2-- until the day in which in which  HE  was taken up after that  HE  through the holy spirit had given commandments unto the apostles whom  HE  had chosen

MATTHEW 10:20  for it is not you that speak ---BUT  THE  SPIRIT  OF  YOUR  FATHER--- which speaketh in you

JOHN 12:49   FOR  I  HAVE  NOT  SPOKEN  OF  MYSELF  BUT  THE  FATHER  WHICH  SENT  ME  HE  GAVE  ME  A  COMMANDMENT  WHAT  I  SHOULD  SAY  AND  WHAT  I  SHOULD  SPEAK 

--12:50-- and I know that  HIS  commandment is life everlasting ---whatsoever I speak therefore even as  THE  FATHER  said unto  ME  so I speak ---

1 CORINTHIANS 1:10  now I beseech you brethren by the name of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  ---THAT  YOU  ALL  SPEAK  THE SAME THING--- and that there be no divisions among you  ---  but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgement ---

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

How do we know when we are Born Again of the Spirit. One for sure way is when you join into a true spiritual relationship with God by going to Him in your prayer closet. This is your private place to pray to God. Its just you and Hm. This is where we talk to Him even though you cannot see Him you can know he is there with you. Many times, He will reveal His presence. We should do this daily not just once or twice a week 

If a person does not ever have this relationship, he cannot be truly be born of the spirit. The Lord wants us to come to Him to share our hopes and needs. 

• Loved it! 1