Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus told Nicodemus you must be Born again of the spirit. I would like to have more clarity from others views

8 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

You must be Born of the Spirit of Christ, he must birth you into Christ, for me personally, it hit me like a bolt of lightning, I have no idea how God Did it, as he was indwelling me ,he testified to my spirit that i am his child/ born again, which completely blew me away, God speakingto,my Spirit, I felt more important than the Queen!😅

I believe those who,are birthed into Christ, have different experiences, mine was a supernatural/ living birth...the only way we can be birthed, is through JESUS!!...he must come first, so we all have that in common.🙏

This is “ MY” testimony.

Could you say then you had a spiritual awakening. Nicodemus who was a religious leader of the Pharisees but had no understanding of what Jesus said to him. I note that Jesus did not spend a lot of time trying to explain what he was saying. Nicodemus was religious minded but not spiritually minded. He had to be reborn spiritually. Nicodemus was thinking carnal or earthly minded when he said can a man go back his mother's womb.  

I get the idea that many today believe the being born again is simply becoming a Christian and confessing Christ. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Jesus told Nicodemus you must be Born again of the spirit. I would like to have more clarity from others views

Being born-again, and saved has to do with a choice we make to accept the gift of Salvation that Jesus made possible by his sacrifice on the cross.  When a person accepts the gift, the Holy Spirit indwells them (lives inside them) and then the person is born again, spiritually.  

If you want to be born-again, and saved, there is scripture in Romans that tells you how to claim this gift.  You claim it by having faith, while following the instructions below:

(ESV) Romans 10:9-10 9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

A person must repent and submit to the full gospel and be baptized in water confessing their faith for the forgiveness of their sins AND also be baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues [praying in the Holy Spirit].

John 3:3  Jesus answered and said to him, Amen, Amen, I say unto thee, Except one be born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God. 
4  Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born being an old man? can he enter a second time into the womb of his mother, and be born? 
5  Jesus answered, Amen, Amen, I say unto thee, Except one be born of water and Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 
6  What is born of the flesh is flesh; and what is born of the Spirit is spirit. 
7  Marvel not that I said to thee, Ye must be born from above. 
8  The Spirit breatheth where he willeth, and thou hearest his voice, but knowest not whence he cometh, and whither he goeth: so is every one born of the Spirit. 

Acts 2:37  Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and the rest of the apostles, [Men] Brethren, what shall we do? 
38  And Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptized each of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
39  For to you is the promise, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, as many as the Lord our God shall call unto him. 
40  And with many other words he testified, and exhorted them, saying, Be saved from this crooked generation.

Acts 19:1  And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper regions came to Ephesus, and found certain disciples: 
2  and he said unto them, Whether ye received the Holy Spirit when ye believed? And they said unto him, Nay, we did not so much as hear whether there is a Holy Spirit. 
3  And he said, Into what then were ye baptized? And they said, Into the baptism of John. 
4  And Paul said, John baptized a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe unto him that should come after him, that is, unto Jesus. 
5  And when they heard this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus. 
6  And when Paul had laid hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. 
Act 19:7  And they were in all about twelve men. 

Edited by Waggles

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

Luke 11:9  And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. 
10  For every one that asketh receiveth; and who seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it is being opened. 
11  And of which of you that is the father shall the son ask a fish, and he for a fish give him a serpent? 
12  Or again shall ask an egg, will he give him a scorpion? 
13  If ye therefore, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall the Father who is from heaven give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  431
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  08/31/1950

11 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

many today believe the being born again is simply becoming a Christian and confessing Christ. 

Yep it starts there,romans 10 v9an 1o.2believing in thy heart".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.32

19 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

When God created man He set forth FOUR duties for man.

1. Man was to be in God's image and likeness
  2. Man was to be a corporate Bride for His Son Jesus
  3. Man was subdue and rule the earth
  4. Man was to fence about and bring the Garden of Fellowship to order

But God, in His wisdom, and so that the glory be His, made man decidedly weaker than what was needed to achieve God's high standard. For instance, man possessed humanity. How was he to be in the likeness of God Who expressed divinity? Or how was man, who was made lower than the angels, subdue them and/or eject the serpent from the Garden. Man possessed a perfect humanity, but his duties required much more. So God place man before the Tree of Life and commanded him to eat.

When we eat anything the body assimilates the food and within a few hours the food cannot be found. It has become organically one with the eater. And the nature of the food, whether protein, carbohydrates or vitamins, becomes one with the nature of man. So if Adam had eaten of the fruit of the Tree of Life, he would have (i) been made possessor of the divine nature, (ii) been made partaker of its strength, (iii) been made partaker of it motivation and (iv) made partaker of its energy. Man would still have been 100% man, but a new nature would be mixed with his human nature - God's nature.

But sin intervened and God could not infringe on His holiness and dwell in a corrupt and defiled man. The best He could do without violating His holiness, was to dwell WITH men. But He could not mix with them and dwelt behind a curtain. This curtain, just like the fiery sword at the gate of Eden, was to protect a holy God from profane men. Any man who passed through that curtain would be killed on the spot. The Israeli High Priest was allowed once a year but only if he was ritually clean and properly dressed. All other men dared not go through the curtain.

But God is not to be thwarted. His councils are immutable. He is the ALL-mighty. His purposes will be realized, and so, after 4,000 years, God produced a Man Who was both capable of dying for other men, and Who possessed the divine life, and Who could impart the necessary righteousness and holiness to men so that God could dwell IN them. So God allows His Son Jesus to take full humanity on Himself and (i) establish a perfect human life experimentally (that is, He lived it first hand), and (ii) pay the debt that God's righteous vengeance required for all sin ans sins. Then God adds this experience to the Holy Spirit (Jn.7:39) and using the principle of a seed, lets Jesus release all the seeds that God required to populate His New Man (Jn.12:24). Every man who believes with His heart and confesses with His mouth receives Jesus as (i) his propitiation, (ii) his righteousness and holiness, (iii) his portion of divine life, (iv) his energy and motivation, and (v) his very portion to be unified in a divine marriage. So 2nd Peter 1:4 says;

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

And because it happens via the principle of a seed that contains, in itself, all future seeds, Peter goes on to say that it is a BIRTH in 1st Peter 1:23;

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever

And all this must still take place by the mouth. Jesus must become the Lamb (that killed was eaten), the grain of Wheat (which must fall into the ground and die), the Bread of Life without leaven, the Water of Life and, as Jesus told Nicodemus, WIND (or breath). And so, after going to His death for sinners, Jesus rose from the dead, and after ascending to the Father to bring His blood into the Holy of Holies in heaven, returned to his disciples and in John 20:22, breathed into His disciples the Holy Spirit. In 33 years of human life and 3 days of human death, Jesus Christ prepared the way for sinner to pass through the curtain without dying, and receive God INTO them.

The sullied flesh of men is not required, for the Holy SPIRIT is breathed into men and only the human spirit is touched by this. John 3:6, when speaking of the New Birth, says

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again

You see, Nicodemus had the Old Testament and he was a Pharisee - heavily schooled in it. He should have known what happens when a man eats from a Tree. He should have known that the solution to man's lack was not more Laws but FRUIT eaten. He should have known that to become heir to the world (Rom.4:13) he would have to be ROYALTY. Only the sons of king inherit the Kingdom. The believer is born again to (i) receive the divine life of God as achieved by Jesus Christ, and (ii) thus become an INHERITOR of God's Estate.

But this is not all. All the animals were paraded before Adam. The mighty elephant through the fleet Cheetah through the faithful dog. But no animal had his NATURE. There was no wife "up to his standard" that could be found. So Eve is taken out of him to solve the problem of NATURE. So also are we, in John 12:24, not only taken out of Jesus to have His Life, but also to have a NATURE "up to the standard" of Jesus. "Jesus needed a Help "MEET" for Him. "Meet" means "up to the standard of".

So in the rebirth, which is achieved by us being IN Jesus and Him being IN us, God solves the problems of Eden

1. The Believer receives the divine life to be in the image and likeness of God as Jesus was
  2. The Believer receives the same nature as Jesus to be His Wife like Eve did for Adam
  3. The Believer has the Life, power and energy to fist subdue and then rule the earth - the Kingdom
  4. The Believer has the Life, power and energy to build the Church - the Garden of Fellowship and House of God

The New Birth is to infuse divine life into God's man for achieving His plan. It is to make a man legal heir to God's Estate. It follows the Law of kinds in Genesis 1:11-12 where God decreed that every seed would reproduce itself. The new Birth is "new" because it follows human birth. It is "from above" because it proceeds from heaven. It is a born "AGAIN" because it is a totally new birth not connected with the womb. It is "spiritual" because it only takes place in the human spirit and by the Holy Spirit. It has nothing to do with the body except it is the guarantee for a resurrection like Jesus'. It is the the lofty process where by a mere man has the Tri-une God come and make His home in him.

Hope this helps.

It has already been mentioned that Jesus said that which is flesh is flesh and what is spirit is spirit. Now he was talking to a religious leader. What was Jesus saying here. What did he mean when He said that which is flesh is flesh? 

Edited by Mike Mclees

53 minutes ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

The flesh is of the human birth...it’s not the second / spiritual birth....

May I just call you Rosie. Thank you for your input. I believe Jesus was speaking of knowing or understanding. Flesh or fleshly speaks to the worldly or earthy plain but not the heavenly things. Heavenly speaks to the spiritual. There are many religious people who still see things in the earthly mindset. The word spirit has a broad use but mostly here Jesus speaks of heavenly things or the unseen things of God. Fleshly or carnally minded people have little or no understanding of the spirit thus they need to be Born again of the spirit so we can enter into an unseen relationship with God. This is why Jesus said I must go away for if I do not away The Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit cannot come. Jesus said He is with you, but he shall be in you.

Any one sees error here you are welcome to correct me.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,228
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Gal.. and Rom 7. For me believing in Christ was not just a choice. He found me and I came to Him repented. That was not it. See in Eph the spirit tell us to put on the new man which after God was created (hint) in righteousness and true holiness. See Christ told Nic one has to be born again (born from above) and of water and spirit. That faith in Christ is not the end.. He created a new man new spirit. So as Paul said.. "now [if that is the case, then] it is no longer I who do it [the disobedient thing which I despise], but the sin [nature] which lives in me." That's the flesh and still many today cannot oh and struggle so hard to understand the spirit and flesh. He once said to me "I know its been hard for you go to from the natural to the supernatural from a reg job into the ministry.". 

So many see only this flesh and a choice and if we goof up we alone did it we made that choice. There is no flesh no spirit just us yes? You can take this with a grain of salt or not believe its ok I have nothing to gain here. I always prayed (still do) show me people through your eyes. Well 15 years later He did. Its not what He showed me I want to talk about its what happen just before that. Well it was as if He (spirit) sat between me and my wife driving home and I looked at all the people on the street. This was in LA and He was crying so hard because not one knew how much He loved Him. But the part I want to hit is when I saw this...Oh I wanted to slam on the brakes and run to each on and tell them how much He loved them. Oh but for the first time there was this other side? Of me that didn't want to. No I was at war with in me..it was so strange. Part wanted to slam on the brakes the other Faught not to yet it was me.

As it lifted...truth .. I didn't want to slam on the brakes at all. There is the spirit the new man we must put on every day every moment..to always renew our minds. To put off the old man. It is not easy to see this this. Is still struggle. I don't think I helped much. Luke 11:13 will help