Afraid Im gonna lose my job

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I feel like Im in crisis mode. I think Im in danger of losing my job. My boss has been so understanding but I've called out too many times. Im talking 1 to 2 or 3 days off a week since I've been working.(June) I called my coworker today and she said she was really annoyed.

And it looks so unreliable. 

But i literally can't help it. Either the  daycare is closed for stupid teachers work day or my kids are sick. I have no one to watch them baby sitters( no friends and family doesnt help) are expensive(15an hr) thats more than i make in a day's pay. 

My account is in the negative. Im praying i dont lose this job its all i have..everything I worked hard for will be gone. My car and possibility of moving out.. 

To top it off. I need dental work done..root canals but i may have to put it off. 

I just feel so screwed. idk what to do.

Im trying really hard to take care of kids and something as simple as that is a challenge. I feel like Im atoning for my sins of having kids oow. Im trying my best to make things right and better but im having issues.  

Idk why nothing is working Im trying so hard. It took me.a month to find this job.

Just asking for prayer to not lose this job please.

Edited by Figure of eighty
  • Praying! 8

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,051
  • Content Per Day:  3.31

1 hour ago, Figure of eighty said:

I feel like Im in crisis mode. I think Im in danger of losing my job. My boss has been so understanding but I've called out too many times. Im talking 1 to 2 or 3 days off a week since I've been working.(June) I called my coworker today and she said she was really annoyed.

But i literally can't help it. Either the  daycare is closed for stupid teachers work day or my kids are sick. I have no one to watch them baby sitters( no friends and family doesnt help) are expensive(15an hr) thats more than i make in a day's pay. 

My account is in the negative. Im praying i dont lose this job its all i have..everything I worked hard for will be gone. My car and possibility of moving out.. 

To top it off. I need dental work done..root canals but i may have to put it off. 

Im trying really hard to take care of kids and something as simple as that is a challenge. I feel like Im atoning for my sins of having kids oow. Im trying my best to make things right and better but im having issues.  

Idk why nothing is working Im trying so hard. It took me.a month to find this job.

I have just prayed for you. I don't know a thing about the problem, but the Lord promised that when we don't know what to pray, the Holy Spirit will intercede for us. Just keep looking at the Giver and not the solution. God has a way of first allowing a storm, then seeming to sleep through it and then calming it. He's in the boat with you. I know it sounds a bit hollow when you're in dire straights, but if God has numbered the hairs on your head, He certainly knows the situation you're in. Expect Him to act, and thank Him already. Israel had an angry army behind them, a deep sea in front of them and where probably regretting having obeyed Moses and left Egypt. But we have a lonely phrase in Exodus 14:21. Moses had acted, but it took "ALL THAT NIGHT" for the way to be manifested. God is working in the night. For you, all seems dark, but for God, He is working on the solution in hiding.

21 And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided.

When you've come through this one day, just remember to give God all the glory.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

4 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Matthew 6:33-- a promise from Jesus to all who apply this teaching--- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)--Jesus said his Father would provide for those who obey his son if needed, more so than what he gives to the birds, who eat daily, the flowers, clothed in perfection. Those 3 things are all a mortal really needs to survive. This world shoves you need this, a better one of that, etc down everyones throat. 

This world is getting to be a hard place to survive, how much more so all need to obey Jesus and have him on their side.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

I'm very sorry to hear that. It can indeed be very difficult. May I ask if you have either looked for a higher paying job or looked at local churches for free or reduced child care? I'm praying for you.

In fact, if there are any pastors reading this, child care for working parents is a HUGE need that the church could really help fill. I pray God helps parents with this incredible need.

• Thumbs Up 1

Update- Well my car is on the fritz and going out. So i think its done which means im going to lose my job, i cant move. Everything i worked hard for is gone. 

• Praying! 2

Told my boss. Im on fmla.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  4,303
  • Content Per Day:  1.55
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  10/04/1980

why dont you try a work from home job? theres plenty out there

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  290
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  08/08/1970

I'm really sorry for your circumstances, and pray things improve @Figure of eighty.

Don't lose hope.

Edited by JohnPaul88

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

I am very sorry to hear about your situation... it must be so difficult without a partner or family members to help you. You have already received the best advice from members within this forum - pray to  God and believe He will be there for you and your family. Without the faith (second part) the prayer is unfinished.

I don't know what your job is but you have to try and look at this as a short term issue:

1) Pray and believe in Him (as already mentioned by others... and the best),

2) You have already gone on FMLA so that should relieve some pressure in the short term,

3) Can you provide all or some of your services to this company remotely? (as already mentioned by others),

4) I don't know how this works but I would urge you to look into it - establish a "Go fund me account" telling the readers exactly what you are facing and if they would be willing to contribute to your short term concerns. That would be seen and felt by so many Christians I know your God would draw their attention to it.

5) Can you also place a similar type request through your church's site?

6)  I don't know if or how your request for assistance can be connected within this forum or not (how members might offer their financial assistance and help), but if there is a way, I am sure the wonderful folks that administer this site may have their own suggestions ....

7) Oh, did I mention you should prayer and believe? You have already succeeded far more than you may have expected... those within this forum are indeed praying for you and your family...

Best wishes always, and please continue with your updates, Charlie

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

Just after sending you my response I received the daily message from @George.  Now only was it perfectly timed (I think George has hacked into my computer :39: ), but the message  is absolutely targeted to you and your current situation. (BTW, if George has not hacked into my computer, then he certainly has hacked into yours! :mgdetective: ). Anyway, please read this again if you have already received it....Charlie

@Figure of eighty, you have staying power!

Proverbs 24:16 for the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.

Counselors, encouragers, and people who offer care to others often encounter those whose past failures threaten to define them and hinder their development, healing, and sanctification. Our enemy capitalizes on our failures and regrets, pressing home the current influence of what we could have, would have, or should have done, if only we were wiser, more courageous, honest, or godly.

There is, however, an internal posture that is invincible against the pile of regrets and accusations the devil's crew levels at us. Its basis is the new foundation on which we stand and live: the righteousness of Another, a perfectly righteous and holy Savior, whose righteousness is imparted to us by repentance and faith.

Although the above passage is from the Old Testament, its reference to the "righteous" carries exponential significance in light of the New Covenant. The LORD God clearly defines those who identify with Him as individuals who "keep getting up, keep trying, keep pressing through, seven times over; (7, the perfect number)." It seems that true righteousness inspires perseverance. You may have seen it in your own life...

Imperfection has been infused into our world since the Fall. Our mortal bodies will not in this life cease to be prone to failure, stumbling, and missing the mark, giving plenty of opportunity for regret, dejection, or self-pity. And while genuine mourning, godly sorrow, deep contrition, and pouring out our hearts to Him are blessed and appreciated by our compassionate Lord, He does not leave us to abide in depression or defeat. In fact, He assures us that "All things work together for the good of those who love Him..."

@Figure of eighty, take note again of the source of your staying power. You are a new creature, whose past or present failures cannot define your identity. God is faithful who will inspire and reward your persistence in pressing through even the most difficult challenges and circumstances, past or present. Only believe and press on...He "is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory, with exceeding great joy..." [Jude 1:24]

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Knoxville, Tennessee

We are planning our Fall Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Check out our unique Worthy App, which allows you to follow our news instantaneously and directly access over 50 news sources with 24/7 coverage. Download from Apple App Store (for Iphones) or download our Android version.

• Praise God! 1