• Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.91
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

DOES THE CREATOR REPENT? (Part 1)
INTRODUCTION
There have been many discussions around this subject. One of the great problems is that the Hebraic word which is translated to Portuguese and English as “to repent” can assume several meanings and, unfortunately, the translation is deficient.

In order to clarify this subject, let’s analyze the chief excerpts where the word “to repent” or “to relent” appear and the real meaning of this word.
REPENT MEANING “TO CONSOLE”
Repent, here, signifies “to console”. 

1 - Here the Creator didn’t wish to destroy Israel and, for this, He aroused Moses so that His grace could find room in his heart and, thus, He could enjoy in evincing His mercy (Micah 7:18):

First the Creator expressed His feelings and thoughts:

•    Exo 32:9,10 -> “And the LORD said to Moses, “I have seen this people, and behold, it is a stiff-necked people. Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may burn hot against them and I may consume them, in order that I may make a great nation of you.”

Next, Moses is arisen and is taken of compassion for Israel and sadness for what would happen to the name of the Creator if nothing was done:

•    Exodus 32.12 -> “Why should the Egyptians say, ‘With evil intent did he bring them out, to kill them in the mountains and to consume them from the face of the earth’? Turn from your burning anger and relent from this disaster against your people.”.

The Creator finally found a way to work the heart of the Israelites so that they didn’t need to perish. This is a solace to the Creator (He comforted Himself through the possibility of using Moses to work the heart of His people).

•    Exodus 32.14 -> “And the LORD relented from the disaster that he had spoken of bringing on his people.” 

Have a nice day.

Tomorrow we will carry on.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

The Bible says he does.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Using Repent as anything other than regret or remorse is incorrect. It is much like using Allah to mean Almighty God (the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob), the Great I Am. Some words need changing to limit confusion. Relent would certainly be easier to be understood in this setting.

Edited by Littlelambseativy