IGNORED

Megalodon teeth abundant in a west Java village, how does Bible explain this ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

9 minutes ago, teddyv said:

This is of course, where we will differ on interpretation of Biblical history. I am aware of your view, and can understand that this can be a bit of a conundrum. I suppose it is possible that these structures could have survived an immense deluge, as they are pretty solid.

Of course it is possible.  I have my beliefs on this, but it not a hill I am willing  to die on.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, teddyv said:

The main blocks of the pyramid are fossiliferous. I don't think there is any question about that. These are bearing "nummolites", which are sea creatures, fossilized in limestone (limestone is further comprised of calcium rich oozes from microscopic organisms).

I've not heard any secular evidence of them built by Joseph. The Bible does not indicate that - just mentioning Pithom and Rameses as store cities. All evidence currently supports construction well before Joseph.

It is believed by egyptologists that imhotep, a leonardo di vinci of egypt, created the step pyramid of saqqara which is earlier than the great pyramid. Imhotep is the father of egyptian medicine and if his tomb is ever found. It is believed it will be full of medical papyri.

End lecture. Egyptology fascinates me.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

11 hours ago, Jayne said:

Science has shown that there are marine fossils everywhere - even on top of Mt. Everest - not just Megalodon teeth at Sukabumi.

People need to study a bit of Science. 200 million years ago at the time of Pangea there was one land mass. This land mass was broken up and though plate technotics the mountains were formed. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

48 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

People need to study a bit of Science. 200 million years ago at the time of Pangea there was one land mass. This land mass was broken up and though plate technotics the mountains were formed. 

There were mountains on Pangaea as well.

18 minutes ago, teddyv said:

There were mountains on Pangaea as well.

The moutains were created when the land masses bumped into each other. If you look at the rocky mountains you will find dinosaur remains in flood deposits all the way from New Mexico to Wyoming. They found so many bones in one location that they built a building out of them. 

How Are Mountains Formed? The world's tallest mountain ranges form when pieces of Earth's crust—called plates—smash against each other in a process called plate tectonics, and buckle up like the hood of a car in a head-on collision.

Edited by JohnR7

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Imhotep is the father of egyptian medicine

Because there were so many accidents building the Prymids. Medical history does trace back to Egypt. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

The moutains were created when the land masses bumped into each other. If you look at the rocky mountains you will find dinosaur remains in flood deposits all the way from New Mexico to Wyoming. They found so many bones in one location that they built a building out of them. 

How Are Mountains Formed? The world's tallest mountain ranges form when pieces of Earth's crust—called plates—smash against each other in a process called plate tectonics, and buckle up like the hood of a car in a head-on collision.

Yes, I know how mountains are formed. 

I may have misread/misinterpreted your post on Pangaea.

21 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Villagers sell this Megalodon teeth for money.

Shark teeth are very common. I have seen them sold out in the flea markets. I may have sold a few at one time. People find them in the sand because sharks shed their teeth over the years. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

Hi JohnR7 -

I taught science for many years and  taught plate tectonics, Pangea, and other ideas about the earth.  The Bibles heavily implies a large land mass in Genesis 1:9.  If the waters were all "gathered" in to one or the same place, then the land would have to be the other place - one place.

The Bible just does not name that large land mass as science does.

I don't believe in the 200 million years teaching, but there was a super continent and some mountians were formed via continental drift.

Edited by Jayne

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 8/19/2022 at 10:57 PM, R. Hartono said:

Villagers sell this Megalodon teeth for money. Bible says God created big fishes at sea, what has happened in history of the earth as this teeth are found in a village at Sukabumi, west Java 60 miles from sea ? 

If giant fishes were taken and trapped onto land by the Noah flood why there are African Rhinos at the lowland in southwest Java, which shows that all land was connected with Africa before the flood. Rhinos live at lowland like in Africa. They were not perished by the flood.

Why would the Bible need to explain them? Megalodon teeth are fairly common, found all over the world. Oceans were pretty common, that is the connection. Lot of land was formerly underwater, sea levels change, land rises from the ocean due to geologic forces. I have collected dozens of Meg teeth myself over the years. The only ones that are fairly rare, are ones over 7 inches long. The ones I have collected, are from under the sea off the coast of Florida, USA, some from inland creeks in North Carolina, USA, some from cliffs on the coast of California, USA, one from a famers field in Mexico, some from hills around Bakersfield, California. Move long, there is nothing to see here, lol!