• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, TreeFivew said:

I was just asking if it's a possibility that there was more than one Eve to create at a faster pace.  I don't know.  I never stated it as though it's true.

when you are living about 900 years, I don't think you need more than one wife to speed things along.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,469
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, choir loft said:

You declined to offer evidence of sexual activity between your familiar spirits and humanity.  Arguments about words and meanings aside I stand by my original statement.  The Bible does NOT EVER state sexual relations between humans and angels/demons is possible.   

The Hebrew word 'elohim' can be interpreted several ways.  It can either represent the plural nature of God or it can be used to describe spirits.  More strictly the word refers to a generic class of entities as 'gods' or 'deities', the reality of which is also denied in scripture - ADONAI ECHAD (God is one) there is no other (god).

Since the word Elohim also implies the triune Godhead, its spiritual use in the plural is denied by those who have an agenda opposing any expression of Trinity (which has a Babylonian and/or Platonic origin depending upon one's agenda).

The discussion seems to be focused on justifying sexual relations between ethereal entities which are not gods/God and humans.  Bottom line here is that such relations are impossible.

Nephilim (the suffix -im implies plurality) were simply BIG PEOPLE.

In the 21st century they would be employed by the NFL or NBA.

They are NOT space aliens, demon gods or human-animal hybrids.

Lilith has also been used to describe the strange night calls of the Owl.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft... 

That is what Genesis 6:1-4 is all about, sexual relations, with Jude commenting on it. When the Bible says:

Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. [emphasis added]

These are the holy angels who did not rebel in HEAVEN. Do you believe the elohim (angels-spirits), not capitalized E, can transform themselves into flesh with some Biblical examples? The Bible distinguishes God from other elohim by the structure of the word.

Do you reject my assertion of:

“All the Jews of the time and early church fathers took it at face value, and it is well documented. The concept of men was unknown and did not evolve until the 4th century A.D.”

All ancient cultures believed in and had myths about demigods, Titians, and giants. Where did those strong beliefs originate from?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, other one said:

when you are living about 900 years, I don't think you need more than one wife to speed things along.

I read Adam and Eve were only on earth for seven years old.  I don't know.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, TreeFivew said:

I read Adam and Eve were only on earth for seven years old.  I don't know.

Don't know where you read that.   The Bible says that Adam lived 930 years.

I guess it's possible they were only in the garden for 7 years, but I haven't read about that anywhere.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

1 hour ago, other one said:

Don't know where you read that.   The Bible says that Adam lived 930 years.

I guess it's possible they were only in the garden for 7 years, but I haven't read about that anywhere.

I shouldn't say read. I remember reading it. It was alleged that they could've been seven. It was in one of those discussion videos that they could've been in the garden for about seven years.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 1/5/2023 at 4:16 PM, Dennis1209 said:

That is what Genesis 6:1-4 is all about, sexual relations, with Jude commenting on it. When the Bible says:

Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. [emphasis added]

These are the holy angels who did not rebel in HEAVEN. Do you believe the elohim (angels-spirits), not capitalized E, can transform themselves into flesh with some Biblical examples? The Bible distinguishes God from other elohim by the structure of the word.

Do you reject my assertion of:

“All the Jews of the time and early church fathers took it at face value, and it is well documented. The concept of men was unknown and did not evolve until the 4th century A.D.”

All ancient cultures believed in and had myths about demigods, Titians, and giants. Where did those strong beliefs originate from?

Most of the ideas about the afterlife originated in Egypt and Babylon. They were embellished by the Greeks and Romans and adopted by the Roman Catholic church, which used them to financial advantage.

Additionally, the RCC also incorporated much of its ideology from pagan mystics rather than Biblical statements of spirituality.  

For instance, the Bible teaches there is no such thing as a quality of human life that survives physical death.  Hell is a myth because the one who dies is dead and doesn't even survive the funeral service.

Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. (Ecclesiastes 3:19)

On the other hand, the Vatican teaches that one can bribe loved ones out of Purgatory into Paradise by purchasing and using prayer cards (which are currently available at bulk discount on eBay and Amazon).

Demigods were promoted by Christian gnostics who flourished in the 2nd and 3rd centuries AD.  Terms to describe them are; archons, the demiUrge, auto genes, protophanes, Kalyptos and more.  Hollywood sometimes uses these terms and myths to fill out a story line.  For instance, an episode of the original Star Trek series was titled, "Return of the Archons".  In gnostic terms an archon is simply a divine ruler.  In Christian terms the position would be filled by an entity called an angel or unclean spirit/demon.

Genesis, especially chapter 3, isn't all about sex and violence and plagues upon mankind.   The 1st and 3rd chapter provide a considerable amount of foundation material for succeeding chapters and books - including the New Covenant.

Genesis & Exodus establish the spiritual principles of divine covenant.  

Divine covenant is a matter the current protestant church in America has abandoned in favor of financial aggrandizement, assimilation of popular debauched culture and the promotion of religious celebrities and motivational ethics.  Christ is still dead in His tomb if the modern church's behavior is to be embraced.

The purpose of the post-modern church is to promote manipulation and indoctrination of its congregations, NOT the advancement of spiritual responsibility or the adoption of methods of accurate Biblical study.

The post-modern church is in denial that God's covenant is still in effect.  The LAW has not been abolished (Matt 5:17), yet it's necessary for the church to deny it so as to promote a form of debauched non-existent grace that allows SIN to flourish (theoretically), which in turn attracts donation$.  

Nobody wants to hear they need to REPENT, which is also established in Genesis.  

Sermons about repentance make people uncomfortable.  Uncomfortable people do not give money.  It's all about the almighty dollar, not the Almighty God and His covenant/LAW.

Edited by choir loft

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Birthday:  10/20/1957

On 8/22/2022 at 7:55 AM, choir loft said:

According to some traditions Adam had two wives.

The first one was Lilith.  

The creation of an unNamed woman is chronicled in Genesis 1:27.  
This person is also called “the night monster” in Isaiah 34:14.

Lilith was supposedly evicted from Eden because of some infraction of God’s LAW.  Tradition isn't too clear on the issue.   Lilith is also identified with either a screech owl or some sort of errant demon spirit that bothers men in the evening (a succubus?).  The Isaiah passage suggests two interpretations. Anyway, Adam’s first wife is supposed to have been Lilith or Lilit depending upon spelling and the version you read.

The tradition of two wives and of the disparity in their creation may actually be due to the occurrence of three creation stories in the first two chapters of Genesis.  Each of them is slightly different as are the gospels. 
1st creation story: Genesis 1:1 - Genesis 1:9
2nd creation story: Genesis 1:10 - Genesis 2:3
3rd creation story: Genesis 2:4 - Genesis 2:25 

Adam’s second wife was Eve.  
She was created in Genesis 2:22 and named in Genesis 3:20.

In Genesis 3, Eve is the first person to yield to satanic temptation.  She then proceeds to seduce her husband into following her into SIN.  Consequently both are evicted from Eden and judged accordingly.  Adam is forced to sweat and work for the rest of his life and Eve suffers pain when she brings children into the world because she also brought SIN into the world.

So, the question arises: are women as great as they like to think they are?  
Also, shall we follow their lead (into SIN)?  
Are they daughters of Lilith or children of Eve?  What’s the difference?

What say you?

Gen. 1:27 absolutely does not say that there was another wife besides Eve.

This teaching would fly in the face of inspired Scripture.  It is totally false.

Eve was the mother of all living.  
Gen. 2:22,23

Gen. 3:8,20

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Adam only had one wife. It was impossible for him to have had another since she was literally made from his body.

• Loved it! 1