Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

I don't really make a habit of watching old shows. 

I was thinking that this thread was going to loose everyone 25 and under, but we have at least one in that age bracket who likes some of it. 

You already know old people are often associated with being slow off the line with any kind of technology, right?.....and we all prefer shows we watched when we were 25. I guess that's sort of a stereotype. It does amaze me how much things have changed. From grainy black and white to being able to see the pimples on the newcaster in 4K.

If anything I think older shows probably remind a few of what they considered to be " the good old days". Those older shows really do show how much different the culture was compared to now. We have come a long way baby...and the way we have come hasn't been a good one. When I was coming up there were a few drive in movie theaters. That was a cool experience. I got to see Godzilla takes Manhattan or something like that. A huge dinosaur like blow up toy bouncing around destroying things.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

For me, some old TV shows look so primitive it makes me feel depressed, to see how much more "clever" we have become since those times.  Really bad canned laughter from "live" audiences where they laugh when nothing funny is happening, etc.  The clothing and hairstyles that look really bad, and so on.  And then there's modern TV.  I haven't really watched TV or listened to music since around 2008.  I was saved in 2014 and the sheer amount of nonsense on that "great box" is too much for me to handle.  It's completely satanic.  I don't want to derail the original topic but no I don't watch old TV shows.  It causes depression in me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I would add that I do enjoy the old cartoons, Tom and Jerry, Roadrunner, Looney Toons, Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn, wacky Races.  My favourite is Roadrunner.  But these are not the same as non-cartoon TV shows.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  431
  • Topics Per Day:  0.28
  • Content Count:  3,208
  • Content Per Day:  2.08

I watch I Love Lucy and Adam's Family. Both are questionable, However there were some bad ones. I Dream of Jeannie, and Bewitched push the boundaries for me, But I Dream of Jeannie pushes the boundaries more for me.

In Bewitched she was a woman trying to show her mother the right ways to live as a woman with what has become a trend with a lot of women in this Jezebel culture we have become in American society. 

At least she was trying. In I Love Lucy the entire television show was about a woman trying to defy her husband's wishes to become a celebrity, Only to, In the middle of the season realize that she wants to be with him, Their baby, and the Mertz's. 

No matter what we have done, We have been led astray by some type of television show, However in the beginning and first initial television episodes, It saved Christmas according to a book called, "There Really is a Santa Claus", By William J. Federer.

Whether you agree with whether Christmas should be celebrated by Christians or not, This book taught me that initially it was Television that saved Christmas. It does not explain how it saved Christmas, It just credits it for saving Christmas. That is all. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

57 minutes ago, Dave-regenerated said:

I would add that I do enjoy the old cartoons, Tom and Jerry, Roadrunner, Looney Toons, Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn, wacky Races.  My favourite is Roadrunner.  But these are not the same as non-cartoon TV shows.  

some of those were too  unPC for today. lol

Pepe Le Pew has been permanently removed because the character let off too much sexual assault vibes. I agree now seeing it as an adult

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

38 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

some of those were too  unPC for today. lol

Pepe Le Pew has been permanently removed because the character let off too much sexual assault vibes. I agree now seeing it as an adult

I've heard the silliness of Pepe Le Lew being a "rape culture" cartoon.  I wholeheartedly disagree.  And I am one of "those kind" of women.

If it perpetuated rape as the haters call it - I would be the first to speak out against it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, Dave-regenerated said:

For me, some old TV shows look so primitive it makes me feel depressed, to see how much more "clever" we have become since those times.  Really bad canned laughter from "live" audiences where they laugh when nothing funny is happening, etc.  The clothing and hairstyles that look really bad, and so on.  And then there's modern TV.  I haven't really watched TV or listened to music since around 2008.  I was saved in 2014 and the sheer amount of nonsense on that "great box" is too much for me to handle.  It's completely satanic.  I don't want to derail the original topic but no I don't watch old TV shows.  It causes depression in me.

For tech in general, I see the vast majority of the population unaware of how any of it works and not caring to know. We use what they give us and what they give us is better these days, so I my opinion, the only progress is in tech. Not human intelligence. The small number of engineers who design and understand it are to be commended.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  97

I don't watch anything, but it's good to see that no one mentioned "Gilligan's Island." @Starise will get a kick out of this one.

Ages ago I worked with a former Amish-Mennonite. Needless to say, TV was not a part of their life. Ah, but one day when his parents went to the hardware store in town, some of the kids stumbled upon a store front with TVs on display.

"Do you remember what was on?", I asked my friend.

"Unfortunately," he replied.

So, what was on TV?

"Gilligan's Island. I will never forget his face," my friend stated solemnly. "I will carry that to my grave."

:wacko:

• Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

I don't watch anything, but it's good to see that no one mentioned "Gilligan's Island." @Starise will get a kick out of this one.

Ages ago I worked with a former Amish-Mennonite. Needless to say, TV was not a part of their life. Ah, but one day when his parents went to the hardware store in town, some of the kids stumbled upon a store front with TVs on display.

"Do you remember what was on?", I asked my friend.

"Unfortunately," he replied.

So, what was on TV?

"Gilligan's Island. I will never forget his face," my friend stated solemnly. "I will carry that to my grave."

:wacko:

Gilligan's Island, Brady Bunch, Beverlly Hillbillies, and Green Acres.........

........:blink: :glare: :sleep2: 

...........................................:blow-up:

• Haha 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Gilligan's Island, Brady Bunch, Beverlly Hillbillies, and Green Acres.........

........:blink: :glare: :sleep2: 

...........................................:blow-up:

I did not watch a lot of those shows. The Beverly Hillbillies was funny at the beginning. My mom liked Green Acres. 

• Thumbs Up 1