IGNORED

God is not a laundry service that wash your sins in two hours and then you become clean and fragrant.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,267
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, JimmyB said:
1 hour ago, Sower said:

Would this be because you believe in 'irresistible' grace?  Just asking.

I had to look up the meaning of 'irresistible' grace and also found out about 'prevenient' grace.  I had never heard these terms before. 

I was an atheist when I was saved! I was born and raised a Jew, taught Hebrew by a rabbi, and Bar Mitzvah at 13.  My life was horrible in the ensuing years -- parent's divorce, my nervous breakdown at age 20 -- so I became an atheist.  God had failed me and never answered my prayers.

At age 33, I was hospitalized with severe asthma; the doctors could do nothing.  A pastor with whom I had been arguing about God came and prayed "Jesus, heal this man".  Immediately the asthma spasm broke and immediately I became a Christian.  I distinctly remember hoping her prayer would work -- and it did!  Now I don't know if that's prevenient grace or irresistible grace, but that was the start of my faith in Christ.

default_thumbsup.gif

Thanks, Jimmy. You answered the question as I would have ten years ago, as I also had never heard this (man-made) term.

Yes, God can do to His good pleasure. But concerning salvation, and not healing,  His method for us to obtain it , is (my understanding) spelled out in His word.
It is by faith. Comes by hearing. The word. Creating changed mind. Repentance!
Oh, and His amazing grace....

He honors His word/promises to us.

I now praise God for your healings, brother (both of them).  God is merciful!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

1 hour ago, JimmyB said:

Are you serious?  God, the all-powerful creator of the universe, can't make us new?  So what else can't God do???  He is not limited by our ability repent!!!

He cannot lie, Jimmy,  that's what else He cannot do. God cannot lie. Titus 1:2, among other verses that state exactly that.

And while I'm here, I got to ask you, why did you cut off R. Hartonos post which said "Not even God can make us new unless we repento ", to, "Not even God cannot make us new"? Can't you see the difference? If you can, then you have made a serious accusation against a fellow Christian by altering his words to accommodate your slanderous attempt to make yourself look so good, but at his expense,  at the expense of an innocent man. If unknowingly,  then...well results are the same.  

Come on brother,  repent and turn back so that your....( acts 3:19).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

14 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

He cannot lie, Jimmy,  that's what else He cannot do. God cannot lie. Titus 1:2, among other verses that state exactly that.

And while I'm here, I got to ask you, why did you cut off R. Hartonos post which said "Not even God can make us new unless we repento ", to, "Not even God cannot make us new"? Can't you see the difference? If you can, then you have made a serious accusation against a fellow Christian by altering his words to accommodate your slanderous attempt to make yourself look so good, but at his expense,  at the expense of an innocent man. If unknowingly,  then...well results are the same.  

Come on brother,  repent and turn back so that your....( acts 3:19).

Are you serious?  I did not make "a serious accusation against a fellow Christian by altering his words to accommodate [my] slanderous attempt to make yourself look so good".  Since I don't converse with people who slander others, I'm putting you on Ignore.  You should repent of your behavior RIGHT NOW!!

Edited by JimmyB

1 minute ago, JimmyB said:

Are you serious?  I did not make "a serious accusation against a fellow Christian by altering his words to accommodate your slanderous attempt to make yourself look so good".  Since I don't converse with people who slander others, I'm putting you on Ignore.  You should repent of your behavior RIGHT NOW!!

Just repent dude.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Content Per Day:  1.15

On 9/4/2022 at 5:46 PM, Sower said:

Thanks, Jimmy. You answered the question as I would have ten years ago, as I also had never heard this (man-made) term.

Yes, God can do to His good pleasure. But concerning salvation, and not healing,  His method for us to obtain it , is (my understanding) spelled out in His word.
It is by faith. Comes by hearing. The word. Creating changed mind. Repentance!
Oh, and His amazing grace....

He honors His word/promises to us.

I now praise God for your healings, brother (both of them).  God is merciful!

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 9/4/2022 at 5:59 PM, JimmyB said:

So what else can't God do??? 

I can come up with a long list of things God can not do. For example, He can not lie, cheat or deceive people. He is always 100% true. He does not ever disappoint us. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

25 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

I can come up with a long list of things God can not do. For example, He can not lie, cheat or deceive people. He is always 100% true. He does not ever disappoint us. 

Yep! That's who I serve, 100% TRUSTWORTHY! 

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

2 hours ago, Dan Knight said:

Yep! That's who I serve, 100% TRUSTWORTHY! 

Man is a dichotomy, we have a dual nature. Our mind works off of comparisons. God is a singularity. Science is just beginning to understand what a singularity is. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On 8/30/2022 at 4:12 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

Does the scriptures support anywhere whether expressly or by an illustration that someone can be lost if he has not recorded the denial of believing in Jesus Christ,

Joh 3:18  "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This says that all who don't believe.  ALL remain condemned for not believing.  Everyone is in this condemned state until we receive Christ and are born again. .  That is what salvation means.  He saved us from our sins, but also from satan's kingdom.   That is what redemption is.  

redeem. rĭ-dēm′   transitive verb.                                    To recover ownership of by paying a specified sum.
Jesus recovered ownership of us by paying for us with His blood.  

We can pray for them that God remove their blindness and soften their hearts, but until they can trust Jesus and give their lives to Him as their Lord they remain in the kingdom of the god of this world.  

• Well Said! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Willa said:

Joh 3:18  "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This says that all who don't believe.  ALL remain condemned for not believing.  Everyone is in this condemned state until we receive Christ and are born again. .  That is what salvation means.  He saved us from our sins, but also from satan's kingdom.   That is what redemption is.  

redeem. rĭ-dēm′   transitive verb.                                    To recover ownership of by paying a specified sum.
Jesus recovered ownership of us by paying for us with His blood.  

We can pray for them that God remove their blindness and soften their hearts, but until they can trust Jesus and give their lives to Him as their Lord they remain in the kingdom of the god of this world.  

I cannot agree with your explanation of John 3:18, in your quoted statement above copy and paste bellow. 

**This is in the context of John 3:18, that the one who stands condemned is the one who is standing in his unbelief. That includes that the Gospel was preached to him.

This is the scripture from John 3:18.

**"John 3:18 Joh 3:18  "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." 

And this is your commentary. 

**"This says that all who don't believe.  ALL remain condemned for not believing." 

***There is a big problem with your statement that follows.

" Everyone is in this condemned state until we receive Christ and are born again".

In your expository comments you are including everyone in the world to whom the Gospel has not been preached...

In that way you have departed from the context of the scripture in John 3:18 which it applies only to those who the Gospel was preached in a substantial way as to understand and be found responsible for not believing till the time of their death...

Because it is appointed to  a man to die and after that the Judgment. 

This is about the judgment when everyone will be Judged according to having the faith of Jesus Christ in his heart.

This is about everyone to whom the Gospel was preached and he was invited to believe, this is about everyone who was put in the valley of decision...and he had to decide to believe in Jesus Christ, after the Gospel was preach to him, after the Gospel was presented to him with a fair amount of reasonable information as to make him understand what this is all about...and that he stands condemned if he dies in his unbelief....

This is in the context of John 3:18, that the one who stands condemned is the one who is standing in his unbelief...

And no one can stands in his unbelief that Jesus is the Only Son of God who died for the forgiveness of his sins unless the Gospel was presented to him in  such a way as to be able to understand it and be held accountable for not believing, and die in his unbelief.

The great commission: Go into all the world and preached the good news of the Gospel, he who believes is not stands condemned, but he who does not believe he stands condemned unless he believes before he dies. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt