IGNORED

God is not a laundry service that wash your sins in two hours and then you become clean and fragrant.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

34 minutes ago, Dan Knight said:

Lol..Sometimes folks just talk. One man's this is another's that. 

Yes :D

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

1 hour ago, Dan Knight said:

I do see how the statement I wrote, " we do not grow weary..." appears to be a set standard,  and it is not. Better said is that we are admonished to not grow weary? Because I do, and I know solid Christian Folk who do as well.

We do indeed. We are men and women toiling in this body of flesh and blood so we are prone to forgetfulness, error, and weariness. The Spirit of the Lord reminds us of what is needful, corrects us if we stray, and encourages us to keep going no matter what besets us (or afflicts us). 

Many of us have a tendency to kick ourselves when we are down, but that's the sorrow of this world. The Lord commands us to rise and keep walking. :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

30 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

We do indeed. We are men and women toiling in this body of flesh and blood so we are prone to forgetfulness, error, and weariness. The Spirit of the Lord reminds us of what is needful, corrects us if we stray, and encourages us to keep going no matter what besets us (or afflicts us). 

Many of us have a tendency to kick ourselves when we are down, but that's the sorrow of this world. The Lord commands us to rise and keep walking. :)

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also." (John 15:18-20).

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  20

It's definitely a DAILY walk which I believe is why Jesus told us to pick up our cross daily,  reminded us that his mercies are new every morning, not to worry about our daily needs and reminded us that yesterday is gone, tomorrow has not come and today has enough problems of it's own.  

I personally cannot make it one day without him by my side.  He keeps me sane.  Keeps me focused on the good stuff. Helps me through the bad stuff. Teaches me.  Encourages me. Forgives me. Loves me warts and all!

He is my very best friend!  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

57 minutes ago, Dan Knight said:

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also." (John 15:18-20).

We need to be carefully how we apply that, because it can be applied in such nuclear and difficult sircumstances within the Christian faith and outside the Christian faith...

Within the faith, it will be that someone who is in some error and without judging anyone when we post this, to go at it again, when someone is in error he does not know it and being convinced that he is not in error he sees the others being in error in the same matter because they do not uphold his understanding....

I thought of an example...if someone walks into a church which hold the doctrine that a believer needs to be baptized to have his sins forgiven and in his mind and in him self and in his heart he is very strong about that...so when he walks into a church that teaches that we are saved when we believe without the baptism of water..he is deeply troubled and he is trying to help the people to be Saved with the baptism of water for the forgiveness of their sins, believing that their sins are not forgiven till they are baptized with water in the name of Jesus...and they need to be baptized by a Bishop and be baptized this way and no other way in running water and with full immersion as to visualize their sins living them as the water takes them away from them and they cannot come back...

Of course at the end the elders in the church will start to persecute him, after perhaps the third warning if he is lucky enough not to be kicked out the church in a violent way...

And this is the trap, when he opens the bible, and he reads exactly what it is in your post, and he will come to believe that he is mistreated and being harrassed for righteousness shake and become more stubborn in his error.  Difficult situations...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, debrakay said:

It's definitely a DAILY walk which I believe is why Jesus told us to pick up our cross daily,  reminded us that his mercies are new every morning, not to worry about our daily needs and reminded us that yesterday is gone, tomorrow has not come and today has enough problems of it's own.  

I personally cannot make it one day without him by my side.  He keeps me sane.  Keeps me focused on the good stuff. Helps me through the bad stuff. Teaches me.  Encourages me. Forgives me. Loves me warts and all!

He is my very best friend!  

Without prejudice and without any Judgment and without saying anything against these beautiful words in your post and thank you for that. Kind of I sound of a Judge who complements the accused whom already has Judge him in his mind and before telling him, not this is not the case, of what I am about to say, and this is it what I want to say, THAT the time will come that Jesus Christ would like us to learn to stand on our own...and watch us from some distance.. as he has many reasons why this it can be very good for us....many good reasons to teach us to be strong on our own...

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Starise said:

In my opinion, the bible would not be telling us not to grow weary in well doing if it were not something that either can happen or does happen. I can attest to the fact that I get tired sometimes, especially when there is a push pull of some kind going on in the Lord's work.

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you and
learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” 
    Matthew 11:28-30

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing"    Jn 15

My understanding, for me, is I can not produce fruit that pleases the Father.
But I can abide in the true vine, Christ Jesus, who produces all fruit.
I can only bear it, make it visible, that others partake of.

I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me. I do not work, I abide.
Christ works through me. I abide(remain in Him)

No, I don't always do it God's way, I forget.
I can bear no fruit myself, apart from Christ, no matter how hard I try.
I try what is beyond my ability, so to be proud of my self.
If I allow the flesh to respond I fail. I often edit posts here till the spirit controls.
Often it is difficult, going out to my shop several times to listen,  allow light in.

\When my head's on Christ, spirit led, His fruit is made manifest!
Not mine..
    I rest, God does the work. Through me..

Well, mostly, still an apprentice, learning...

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

2 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

We need to be carefully how we apply that, because it can be applied in such nuclear and difficult sircumstances within the Christian faith and outside the Christian faith...

Within the faith, it will be that someone who is in some error and without judging anyone when we post this, to go at it again, when someone is in error he does not know it and being convinced that he is not in error he sees the others being in error in the same matter because they do not uphold his understanding....

I thought of an example...if someone walks into a church which hold the doctrine that a believer needs to be baptized to have his sins forgiven and in his mind and in him self and in his heart he is very strong about that...so when he walks into a church that teaches that we are saved when we believe without the baptism of water..he is deeply troubled and he is trying to help the people to be Saved with the baptism of water for the forgiveness of their sins, believing that their sins are not forgiven till they are baptized with water in the name of Jesus...and they need to be baptized by a Bishop and be baptized this way and no other way in running water and with full immersion as to visualize their sins living them as the water takes them away from them and they cannot come back...

Of course at the end the elders in the church will start to persecute him, after perhaps the third warning if he is lucky enough not to be kicked out the church in a violent way...

And this is the trap, when he opens the bible, and he reads exactly what it is in your post, and he will come to believe that he is mistreated and being harrassed for righteousness shake and become more stubborn in his error.  Difficult situations...

That individual needs a friend who is willing to tough love him into a right mind. 

We don't compromise the integrity of truth to spare someone's feelings from being hurt. 

Christian Folk have a common golden rule when it comes to potential altercations with fellow HUMAN BEINGS.  "We wrestle NOT against flesh and blood..."

An example of this is when Jesus turned to Peter and said, "Get behind me Satan...". We can imagine how Peter must have felt.  Feelings stomped on. But was Jesus talking to Peter? Nope. He was speaking to Satan, who was influencing Peter.  Satan is the prince of the power of the air. 

And how did Jesus deal with Satan? He spoke truth. Satan is a liar, from day one in the garden.  He accused Jesus of being a liar and Adam and Eve believed him.

Back to Ephesians 6. The full armor of God.  The sword of truth,  which is the word of God. We rebuke the devil,  believing that he will flee. Your friend will be much much better off. 

Mind you not accusing anyone of being possessed.  Fact is I, my 64 year old self, have known of only one instance of possession.  Many influenced, as laid out for our understanding in Ephesians 6.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 8/30/2022 at 8:38 PM, JohnR7 said:

It looks like we are the ones that need to wash our robe. If we want to attend the marriage supper of Lamb. 

The wedding garments were furnished by the host.  We are not to furnish our own, or our own righteousness, but the righteousness of Christ is furnished to us.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1