IGNORED

Is it Blaspheming to play God in a movie?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I was thinking about movie i wont be watching ever again, and I forgot movies like

"dogma" and "bruce almighty"(never saw it though), An interview with god(via purflix).. Not sure who that guy is Etc.

I know we are made in the image of God so we would not be "graven" or carved. But we shouldnt equate Him to any thing on earth either... esp ourselves.

But how wrong is it? Is it about representation/depiction. Or should it be avoided all together.

(side note: i would love to pick apart dogma now that i have different eyes, but i dont think i could stomach it lol)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

4 hours ago, theeblackestblu said:

I was thinking about movie i wont be watching ever again, and I forgot movies like

"dogma" and "bruce almighty"(never saw it though), An interview with god(via purflix).. Not sure who that guy is Etc.

I know we are made in the image of God so we would not be "graven" or carved. But we shouldnt equate Him to any thing on earth either... esp ourselves.

But how wrong is it? Is it about representation/depiction. Or should it be avoided all together.

(side note: i would love to pick apart dogma now that i have different eyes, but i dont think i could stomach it lol)

Use discernment. When you watch a film--not just a religious film--check what you see against the Bible's teachings.

We enjoy The Chosen TV series very much--and I'd recommend it to watch also--but there is much in there that has been added to clear biblical teachings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

It all depends on the movie and if they are using the true Word of God in the movie. We live in a world that is mostly secular  so I highly doubt that would happen. It could be it would be rare. 

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

It all depends on the movie and if they are using the true Word of God in the movie. We live in a world that is mostly secular  so I highly doubt that would happen. It could be it would be rare. 

you response makes me wonder if you actually read what i wrote.. respectfully

7 hours ago, Billiards Ball said:

Use discernment. When you watch a film--not just a religious film--check what you see against the Bible's teachings.

We enjoy The Chosen TV series very much--and I'd recommend it to watch also--but there is much in there that has been added to clear biblical teachings.

Your response also makes me wonder if you actually read what i wrote too. repsectfully

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

20 minutes ago, theeblackestblu said:

Your response also makes me wonder if you actually read what i wrote too. repsectfully

I read your post. I don't go to movies or watch television. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

God sent Moses to Pharaoh who was (in God's words) God to Pharaoh (acting as God in a sense) and Aaron was Moses' prophet (acting Moses). Exodus 4 if memory serves...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

In some form or fashion, any story based on good versus evil are essentially repeating God's narrative in various forms and outcomes.

This is seated in human nature... the Christ-shaped hole in the soul as it were.

Even if we are oblivious to it, we are reciting almost liturgically God's story. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 9/7/2022 at 3:50 AM, theeblackestblu said:

Romans 14 indicates how film and theatre portrayals are up to the individual's conscience.